The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Maths/MORSE/Stats applicants and questions 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
everyone whos got interviews, what were your AS grades and A2 predictions?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by coffeym
nice one m8! So ****in' pleased 4 ya.... Which halls u want? Gotta be tokill or however you spell it!!

tocil!!!!!

:d :d :d :d :d
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Mathssss
everyone whos got interviews, what were your AS grades and A2 predictions?

you first :wink:

also does anyone know what to expect roughly from the interview - is it more of a case of expressing interest and knowledge of the course or a test of academic capability ?
Reply 143
Original post by patty9309

also does anyone know what to expect roughly from the interview - is it more of a case of expressing interest and knowledge of the course or a test of academic capability ?

i haven't got an interview lol thats why i'm asking :P
Reply 144

From what I've heard, they're very informal. Just basically asking Why MMORSE? and Why Warwick?

You get told at the interviews that you have an offer unless you are an axe murderer..
Original post by joshgoldman
From what I've heard, they're very informal. Just basically asking Why MMORSE? and Why Warwick?

You get told at the interviews that you have an offer unless you are an axe murderer..

hahaha thanks, that sounds comforting although i feel vulnerable without my axe :frown:
Reply 146
hahaha thanks, that sounds comforting although i feel vulnerable without my axe :frown:

Hahaha just leave it at home for the day. It's worth it to get a MMORSE offer :tongue:

Mind me asking what your grades are like?
Hahaha just leave it at home for the day. It's worth it to get a MMORSE offer :tongue:

Mind me asking what your grades are like?

gcses - 10A*s

AS - 4As

predicted 3A*s and 1A (damn chemistry :P)
Reply 148
Original post by Ree69
Stop scaring people; I guarantee you they won't ask any academic questions.

To be fair, the first two questions *have* been asked last year. The third one...let's just say it's a special case.
Reply 149
Original post by Narev
To be fair, the first two questions *have* been asked last year. The third one...let's just say it's a special case.

At a MORSE interview.. Really...?
Reply 150
At a MORSE interview.. Really...?

Yep. I've been a helper for the last two years (for interviews/etc), and actually stayed behind till 4pm (most of the time), and usually those who just had an interview always came back and told everyone what questions were asked, etc. So Ree69 is kind of mistaken in the guarantee that no academic questions will be asked. Or rather, the more mathematical ones won't be asked, which is a shame...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 151
Original post by Narev
Yep. I've been a helper for the last two years (for interviews/etc), and actually stayed behind till 4pm (most of the time), and usually those who just had an interview always came back and told everyone what questions were asked, etc. So Ree69 is kind of mistaken in the guarantee that no academic questions will be asked. Or rather, the more mathematical ones won't be asked, which is a shame...

My apologies. It's just my interview last year was a bit of a joke.
Reply 152
Original post by Narev

The general consensus from last year's interviews is that its just a Warwick/course based chat (not saying you're wrong)
has anybody got an offer for the MORSE 3 year course?
Reply 154
Interview letter phase two tomorrow?
Interview letter phase two tomorrow?

what is phase two?

have you got an offer?
Reply 156
Original post by jilebinator
what is phase two?

have you got an offer?

:facepalm: As in the second lot of interview letters...
:facepalm: As in the second lot of interview letters...

okay, no need to get upset.
Reply 158
Original post by jilebinator
okay, no need to get upset.

Emotional subject :biggrin:
Emotional subject :biggrin:

:smile:

i really hope i get an interview. it would make my life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending