The Student Room Group

Vaginismus.......................

After abit of seaching on the net and self diagnose my mate and I have deduced that she may have a case of vaginismus......................she has trouble having sex and this has all come to a head as she went for a smear test a couple of days ago which they couldn't do as she was basically howling in agony.............................I've done the usual searches and she's trying some of the techniques advised, but I was just wondering if anyone here has it and what you've done to help limit/combat its affect on your sex and gynaecological life?!

Rep for constructive postings :smile:
Reply 1
richardrox
Cosmo have an article on this every so often... she needs to see her GP, who'll probably give her some relaxation tecniques, and also a set of (how shall I put this?) prosthetic phalluses, effectively like Russian dolls, that start very small and get bigger (until they reach average size, one would presume), so her vaginal muscles don't contract so much when she's touched. The doc should have suggested something when she had her smear...
apparently she has to go back for an internal and a chat with her doc in a couple of weeks - she only saw a nurse for the smear
Reply 2
Only reasonable answer is to go to her GP although not the same person who did the smear test because they should have sorted something out there and then. You've probably already googled it and seen all the stuff you can get to treat it so my uninformed opinion is that it's not a huge problem to get sorted if she just went to her GP.
Reply 3
fflyff
Only reasonable answer is to go to her GP although not the same person who did the smear test because they should have sorted something out there and then. You've probably already googled it and seen all the stuff you can get to treat it so my uninformed opinion is that it's not a huge problem to get sorted if she just went to her GP.
She's going in a couple of weeks to see her doc apparently...........i have googled it and so has she, was just wondeing if anyone on here had an techniques that are usually suggested

on a side point - I know camarthen - my grandparents ive in pendine :smile:
Reply 4
JackieS
She's going in a couple of weeks to see her doc apparently...........i have googled it and so has she, was just wondeing if anyone on here had an techniques that are usually suggested

Crude, but she could practise touching herself. that might work.
Reply 5
Anonymous
apparently it is actually a suggested technique
Reply 6
Anonymous

You know, using the anonymous feature to post stuff which you think might be too explicit if you posted normally is not a great idea. It just means that if I do decide to delete it, you get a heavier warning. Fortunately this post is fine, but this is not what the anon system is for.
Reply 7
Helenia
You know, using the anonymous feature to post stuff which you think might be too explicit if you posted normally is not a great idea. It just means that if I do decide to delete it, you get a heavier warning. Fortunately this post is fine, but this is not what the anon system is for.

That isn't why I posted annomymously. My mother knows my account details, theres some stuff i'd rather she didnt know i posted. Sorry if I couched the language wrong :s

Dont be mad with me Helenia!
Reply 8
Anonymous
That isn't why I posted annomymously. My mother knows my account details, theres some stuff i'd rather she didnt know i posted. Sorry if I couched the language wrong :s

Dont be mad with me Helenia!

change your password lol

Latest

Trending

Trending