The Student Room Group

My first hollywood wax..

Could anyone who has previously had a hollywood wax share their experiences please? I am getting my first tomorrow and I am pretty nervous.

Also do they tend to ask why you are getting it done? I just felt like treating myself and I don't want any awkward questions!

Scroll to see replies

No they won't ask you why :smile: it's a perfectly normal thing to get done. I'm figuring you've have it done by now so you don't really need a step by step guide to what happens but I hope it was fine. For others who read this who are wondering....

You strip off (obv) and then lay on a bed and they usually put some talcum powder or something on and ask you to hold bits of skin taunt and then it begins. It hurts but it's worth it. Can involve some rather undignified positions :P
Reply 2
Pics or it didn't happen.
Original post by katebrighteyes
No they won't ask you why :smile: it's a perfectly normal thing to get done. I'm figuring you've have it done by now so you don't really need a step by step guide to what happens but I hope it was fine. For others who read this who are wondering....

You strip off (obv) and then lay on a bed and they usually put some talcum powder or something on and ask you to hold bits of skin taunt and then it begins. It hurts but it's worth it. Can involve some rather undignified positions :P

i have always wondered what the difference is between a hollywood and a brazilain what is the difference :tongue:
Original post by miss_sporty
i have always wondered what the difference is between a hollywood and a brazilain what is the difference :tongue:

A Hollywood is all hair taken of basically, bum labia etc everywhere, whereas the Brazilian's mostly the same apart from the fact it leaves a 'landing strip' of hair on your vagina.
Original post by miss_sporty

Brazilian leaves a 'landing strip' and Hollywood means completely bare. No hair at all.
i do free hollywood wax :sexface:
Reply 7
sounds torturous :zomg:
Reply 8
This scares the **** out of me :/ Even reading the words 'wax' makes my eyes water. Ouchhh, the pain! Why can't we all just be hairless.
Reply 9
Waxing your labia? :eek4: I just... I cannot even imagine the pain.
Original post by tsrstar
This scares the **** out of me :/ Even reading the words 'wax' makes my eyes water. Ouchhh, the pain! Why can't we all just be hairless.

Tbh a hairless cock would freak me out so I don't know why people expect women to be hairless.

OK you don't have to be like Chewbacca but the prepubescent look isn't a good one imo :colonhash:
(edited 12 years ago)
God knows why someone would allow a 20 year old beautician apply hot wax to their bum. That's a social norm that I won't be adhering to any time soon.
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
Tbh a hairless cock would freak me out so I don't know why people expect women to be hairless.

..since when were they hairy?

EDIT: How can people not understand what I meant?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by llessur123

If you don't have pubic hair I recommend you see your GP.
Original post by llessur123

Ha! Reminds me of earlier this week...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=34124913
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
If you don't have pubic hair I recommend you see your GP.

Generally 'cock' refers to the penis, they are not and should not be hairy.
Reply 16
Original post by tsrstar

As long as you have taken two paracetamols half an hour prior to the appointment...it is really not that painful. :p: Plus, my waxer and I share a love for American TV (which is what we always discuss), so I barely notice when she's ripping the strips off. :colone:
Reply 17
when I had mine done my balls ached for a week.
Original post by kerily
Waxing your labia? :eek4: I just... I cannot even imagine the pain.

This part is actually least painful. The worst is hairs that are closer to a bone (normally where the 'landing strip' ends is the most torturous bit).

I'm never doing this procedure again, it's just way too painful, even with painkillers.
"Treating myself" and "first hollywood wax".

Something doesn't quite add up.

Quick Reply

Latest