The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by neillya1
We haven't really heard much from them yet :tongue: No idea of socials etc.

Once we hear I'll let you know, I'm sure they won't mind more people joining along! :biggrin:

Original post by Stemroach
I missed this society :O. I need details :smile:

to quote from the email -
The first event in this year's calendar is the "Didsbury Dozen" Pub Crawl this Tuesday, the 27th of September, meet us at the Friendship Inn, Fallowfield, a few doors down from Sainsbury's, just past Nando's. We aim to meet at 6pm and head on down to Didsbury on the bus at around 6:30pm.

Not sure if i'll be going to this one yet partly because I've got stuff on every other night, but also because i don't fancy getting the bus down to fallowfield and back on my own (I'm all the way up in city)
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by neillya1
Hey all :smile:

Does anyone know if there are any events on for those of us who don't really like clubbing/getting ****faced every night?

I had assumed there'd be something but it seems like the entirety of freshers week revolves around drink and not a whole let else?

Anyone else feel the same and a little left out?

Yes
me and my boyfriend are the same, we hate clubbing and see people get wasted every night when we're trying to sleep :frown: the noise is awful!

We don't mind drinking now and again but clubbing and getting wasted isn't our thing.

And if there's any goths staying at kirkstall in leeds, let me know!
Reply 103
Original post by Katterson
to quote from the email -
The first event in this year's calendar is the "Didsbury Dozen" Pub Crawl this Tuesday, the 27th of September, meet us at the Friendship Inn, Fallowfield, a few doors down from Sainsbury's, just past Nando's. We aim to meet at 6pm and head on down to Didsbury on the bus at around 6:30pm.

Not sure if i'll be going to this one yet partly because I've got stuff on every other night, but also because i don't fancy getting the bus down to fallowfield and back on my own (I'm all the way up in city)

Sorry what society was this again?
Reply 104
Original post by fozzy143
Sorry what society was this again?

Real ale and cider :P
Reply 105
I'm a third year (so old now! :tongue:) who feels totally out of it after a semester abroad.
If any of you want to have a non-clubby group night out count me in. :smile:
Reply 106
Original post by PAPAdawg
it's almost like ''not liking clubs'' has become a badge of honour amongst some people, in the same way ''hating football'' is to some. any excuse to slag off stuff most people enjoy ey?

if you don't like it, just do something else. I don't like it that much myself these days, but i just don't goo out and do other stuff instead

wooo look at me i'm superior to everyone else cos i hate clubbing

Dude don't blame us for your insecurities.

I love people like you. We never even act like we're superior for not liking clubbing, but you're so insecure about your life being empty and only having mindless clubbing that the second we dare say we don't like it, you assume we're slagging you off. Don't get angry at us because your life is empty.

I only read the first 2 pages so far so thats addressed to everyone.

I'm in the same boat as you OP. I seem to get on better with 2nd and 3rd years who don't just open every sentence with "You goin out tonight?", but they already have their own established friendship groups. I guess the only way forward is societies and coursemates. It's hard to find like minded coursemates though because the ones that are always talking are the ones who went to the lecture with hallmates and so just talk about clubbing nonstop.

Latest

Trending

Trending