The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel Linear 1380 November 2011 Grade Boundaries

Does anyone know the boundaries for the november 2011 edexcel linear exam? Will they be low since it's the last 1380 spec OR will they be really high because of this?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by QPRboy
Does anyone know the boundaries for the november 2011 edexcel linear exam?

Are we psychic?

No.

Original post by QPRboy
Will they be low since it's the last 1380 spec OR will they be really high because of this?

It isn't the last examination of this spec.
Reply 2
Original post by Mr M
Are we psychic?

No.

It isn't the last examination of this spec.

Hey sorry man, didn't know you were not psychic. I found it here http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/I%20want%20to%20%20Tasks/November%202010%20Grade%20Boundaries%20-%20GCSE%20Full%20Course%20(Linear%20Specification).pdf :smile:

And IT IS the last 1380 specification. There's a new version coming out next summer.
Original post by QPRboy
Hey sorry man, didn't know you were not psychic. I found it here http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/I%20want%20to%20%20Tasks/November%202010%20Grade%20Boundaries%20-%20GCSE%20Full%20Course%20(Linear%20Specification).pdf :smile:

And IT IS the last 1380 specification. There's a new version coming out next summer.

That's hilarious - I thought you had forged a document to start with until I noticed it was published on the Edexcel website! They are the boundaries for November 2010 - Edexcel have made a typo.

The boundaries for Nov 2011 are set in late December after all the scripts have been marked and are issued to the public the day before Results Day.

The last sitting of 1380 is March 2012.
Reply 4
Original post by Mr M
That's hilarious - I thought you had forged a document to start with until I noticed it was published on the Edexcel website! They are the boundaries for November 2010 - Edexcel have made a typo.

The boundaries for Nov 2011 are set in late December after all the scripts have been marked and are issued to the public the day before Results Day.

The last sitting of 1380 is March 2012.

Oh cool lol, anyway I hope they're quite low like 130ish for an A :awesome:
Our maths teacher got the grade boundaries, all I know is that for higher it's 115/200 for an A, extremely low woohooooooo!
If I were a time traveller like your maths teacher, I probably wouldn't choose to return to October 2011.
Reply 7
Well I hope her teacher is right! Even though the boundaries are not out yet
Reply 8
2 weeks and a bit to go :afraid:
Reply 9
Do we think around 100-108 will be a B?
Reply 10
Original post by flimbys101
Do we think around 100-108 will be a B?

I didnt see the Higher Paper.
The foundation paper I feel will be fairly low as there were 3-4 questions that not many of the cohort will get. They made up 15 or so marks from memory. I cant see it being as low as June 2011 though.
There were also a couple of sneaky things in there to throw students such as the axis going in 2's rather than 1's on a translation etc.
Reply 11
what do you think the grade boundary for an A* is as this is my target grade. I hear the exam results are going to be released on Thursday but all teachers will receive the results one day before which will be on Wednesday.
Reply 12
Original post by junaid393
what do you think the grade boundary for an A* is as this is my target grade. I hear the exam results are going to be released on Thursday but all teachers will receive the results one day before which will be on Wednesday.

In june they were around 170 and overall i think this one was harder so hopefully around 155-165.
Also are the boundaries released at 00:00 tonight or during the day
?::smile:
Reply 13
i think for an astar the lowest it could be is 150. I DOUBT THAT HAPPENING!!!!!!
Reply 14
Original post by Sam97
i think for an astar the lowest it could be is 150. I DOUBT THAT HAPPENING!!!!!!

What do you think for a B i thought around 85-95?
Reply 15
So when are the boundaries up? I thought it was today
Reply 16
Does anyone know the boundaries? They are on the edexcel emporium thing apparently.
Reply 18
MR M normally posts them at around 7.40
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending