The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Ugh! I've just realised that I did the populations question wrong. I didn't realise that P was in millions, so I wrote 8000000 = 5 + ae or whatever it was...

Oh well, at least I'll get all of the method marks for it.
Reply 121
Aired
Ugh! I've just realised that I did the populations question wrong. I didn't realise that P was in millions, so I wrote 8000000 = 5 + ae or whatever it was...

Oh well, at least I'll get all of the method marks for it.

That's right and it's what I got.

8000000 is 8 million.
Reply 122
Dekota
That's right and it's what I got.

8000000 is 8 million.

Yeah, but I think it said "Where P is population in millions". So when putting 8,000,000 into the formula P would be 8, not 8,000,000.

We'll lose acuracy marks but if you've used the right method you'll still get the method marks (I hope).
Reply 123
Aired
"Where P is population in millions".

:frown: :frown: !

oh no damn!
Reply 124
I reckon we'll get 3 out of the 5 marks, or something like that.

Ohhhhhhhhh well.
bad luck!
Reply 126
hehe. bricked this exam sooooooooooooooooooo unbelievably well.
Reply 127
Aired
I reckon we'll get 3 out of the 5 marks, or something like that.

Ohhhhhhhhh well.

Maybe 80% of the people who've done this exam may have made that simple mistake and examiners may then excuse this ...

And anyway, nothings wrong with the maths, unless english teachers are marking our maths exam papers - we won't lose that many marks. :wink:
Reply 128
Dekota
Maybe 80% of the people who've done this exam may have made that simple mistake and examiners may then excuse this ...

And anyway, nothings wrong with the maths, unless english teachers are marking our maths exam papers - we won't lose that many marks. :wink:

Yeah.. hopefully. I mean, we did the question totally right, we just used 8,000,000 instead of 8.

Can you remember the co-ordinates you got for Q6 (The arcsin graph)?
For the coordinates (Q6)...

I think...
A and C were equivalent points (as they were f(X) and f-1(X) )... so A(pi/2, 3) and C(3, pi/2) (or switched round???)

B i founda bit more difficult to get in the end i got B(1, 0) which i'm almost certain is wrong(??)

Anyone else have an idea?......
Reply 130
danielf90
For the coordinates (Q6)...

I think...
A and C were equivalent points (as they were f(X) and f-1(X) )... so A(pi/2, 3) and C(3, pi/2) (or switched round???)

B i founda bit more difficult to get in the end i got B(1, 0) which i'm almost certain is wrong(??)

Anyone else have an idea?......

I remember having (3, pi/2) and (1,0) I think. Not sure about the other though.

Latest