The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes 2012

Scroll to see replies

Will it take longer for them to get back from me? as I have applied for two different courses at Brookes, but both for the same department

I applied on the 15th Novemeber, and have heard from all Unis apart from Brookes
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 261
Original post by Jack22031994
anyone applying for politics and International Relations or Economics, Politics and Internaitonal relations? and have you got an offer yet?

I am. Sent it off Tuesday. Did you get an acknowledgement?
Reply 262
Original post by Pn94

Brookes doesn't send acknowledgements:smile: so good luck waiting for one :wink:
Reply 263
Original post by lexutza
Brookes doesn't send acknowledgements:smile: so good luck waiting for one :wink:

Oh. Never knew this.
Reply 264
Original post by Pn94
Oh. Never knew this.

Well they should answer quickly enough as they have started to give out offers for some time. However, they might be waiting for more offers to come. From what i heard and friends that are there, if you applied by december you should get an offer before christmas:smile: I got one of mine a week or two ago. Still waiting for their answer on a combined degree though:rolleyes:
I got an acknowledgement in the post today. Am I the only one :confused::eek:
Reply 266
I got accepted to 3 unis so far and didn;t receive any acknowledgements :frown: starting with my first acceptance on 3rd november... maybe it's because i'm not from the uk and might have got mixed up in the post?
Oxford Brookes is one of my faves as it does my course Anthropology, i am looking to apply after my gap year which will be around 2013, so i was wondering if current students in OB can tell me how they settled in, since i wouldnt know no one and will be living away London, i am literally scared but i want to be independent.
Original post by codfatherh

I got one aswell
Reply 269
I got an acknowledgement in the post a few days ago too
Original post by Pn94

No but I emailed them and they said they don't send them but they had received my application
Glad to see I'm not the only one. I don't know whether that's a good thing or not?! :confused:
Reply 272
Glad to see I'm not the only one. I don't know whether that's a good thing or not?! :confused:

I didn't get an acknowledgement from them but got an offer the other day. I haven't received anything in the post from them though...
Reply 273
Do you guys know on average how many people brookes gives offers for law? Approx?
Reply 274

i got one too! a postcard lol:smile:
Yeah that's what I had. How long ago did you apply?
Reply 276
Original post by bbikim
Ohhhhh.. and ive applied for Law at brookes aswell. My predicted grades are AABCb however my AS were poor (CCC) and im worried i wont get an offer :/

Well hopefully you will! I didnt do that good on my A levels tbh.. i got A* in law, B in english combined, D in philosophy and C in general Studies.
So 2 out of 4 were good, let me know if you get in or not :smile:

Have you visited Brookes?
If so, whats it like?
Reply 277
I got a postcard as well. :smile:

Hope I get an offer.
Reply 278
Original post by taminaa
I got an acknowledgement in the post a few days ago too

I'm not actually sure how you guys have got an Acknowledgement haha :smile:

I got nothing from Brookes in the post.. But I got an OFFER come through on UCAS Track .. for BBC.. but other than that there has been nothing they have sent me etc :/
Reply 279
Original post by bbikim
Do you guys know on average how many people brookes gives offers for law? Approx?

I imagine it's quite a lot. I received an offer on friday but I sent off my application a month ago. I met the Law admissions tutor on an open day and she said she only looks at undergraduate applications a few times a week, so receiving an offer could take some time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending