The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
@OllieJ94 I talked to my friend and she said she will email her tutor to ask about any interviews for History. I'll post here when I have any news. Hope it will be of some help :smile:
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 301
Any offers for International Relations yet?
Reply 302
Original post by bbikim
Yeahhh hopefully that will be good :smile: and ive applied to Reading, Brookes, De Montfort, Trent and Northampton (hometown) and im predicted AABCb but i got CCC as AS level :/ you? :smile:

I'm sure you'll get an offer from Brookes with your grades :smile: ABB and applied for Exeter, 3 courses at Trent and Brookes :smile:
Reply 303
My best friend just received an offer for History. I'm now anxiously waiting for a track update... any day now I hope!
Reply 304
Original post by lexutza
@OllieJ94 I talked to my friend and she said she will email her tutor to ask about any interviews for History. I'll post here when I have any news. Hope it will be of some help :smile:

Thank you VERY much! :smile: Im sure it will be! Anything will help me right now!
Offer for law !
Reply 306
Just firmed my offer :biggrin:
Reply 307
Anyone applied for architecture ?
Reply 308
Original post by Veee

Me! :biggrin: Although my refernece only sent off my app y'day -_-

Original post by Veee

Me xD just waiting for my reference to reply and it's my application will be on its way there
I'd love to get accepted by Oxford Brookes!

Have you heard back from them?
Reply 310
Original post by NickW-Moores
Me xD just waiting for my reference to reply and it's my application will be on its way there
I'd love to get accepted by Oxford Brookes!

Have you heard back from them?

LOL hello again
We're already talking about Plymouth in here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=35374697#post35374697

And they just sent me a postcard that they received my application
Reply 311
Original post by pongalo
Me! :biggrin: Although my refernece only sent off my app y'day -_-

What unis you applied to?

Original post by Veee
LOL hello again
We're already talking about Plymouth in here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=35374697#post35374697

And they just sent me a postcard that they received my application

hahaha we've got to stop meeting like this :')
Awesome thanks for that link

Well wasn't that nice of them was there a picture on the front of the postcard or they keeping it formal,? :wink:
Reply 313
hahaha we've got to stop meeting like this :')
Awesome thanks for that link

Well wasn't that nice of them was there a picture on the front of the postcard or they keeping it formal,? :wink:

there were 3 pictures :P don't worry, you'll recognise it but it took them like a month to send it LOL

Original post by Veee
there were 3 pictures :P don't worry, you'll recognise it but it took them like a month to send it LOL

Haha I'm impatient I hope I don't have to wait that long :tongue: then again gives me more time to do my portfolio :') apples and pears!
Reply 315
Haha I'm impatient I hope I don't have to wait that long :tongue: then again gives me more time to do my portfolio :') apples and pears!

So am I, every time my phone vibrates and I see it's an email i hope it's from ucas but unfortunately it's not :frown:
I thought Oxford Brookes don't require a portfolio or interview

Original post by Veee
So am I, every time my phone vibrates and I see it's an email i hope it's from ucas but unfortunately it's not :frown:
I thought Oxford Brookes don't require a portfolio or interview

Awww bless just silly friends getting you all excited thinking its UCAS :') Haha be cushty if they didn't but I'm pretty sure they do I think all of mine but Robert Gordon request interview and portfolio maybe that's because I have no art qualification :?
Reply 317
Original post by Veee
What unis you applied to?

I've applied to Brookes, Cardiff and Queens Belfast for Architecture and UCL for Fine Art. I applied last year to 5 arch courses so i already know that it's not a fast process. And i saw that you thought Brookes don't interview or request a portfolio, they do. They ask for a digital p/folio and then they usually interview although sometimes they give you an offer without one but only in rare circumstances. Where else have you applied? Any questions about the process, just ask and i'll do my best to answer them! :smile:
Reply 318
I have been thinking and I was adamant about going to OBU to study at the Business School, however, I am accepted as well at Reading Uni, at the Henley Business School, at the moment I was researching the grades the unis got in The Guardian and Reading is on 11 while OBU on 34. I know I shouldn't rely on these scores, I went to OBU and I liked the uni but i haven't seen RU. Did anyone who visited both or knows people studying at both tell me which one is better in terms of academic performance, employment and facilities? I have to mention that I would be doing a sandwich course at both. Thanks
got an offer to for politics and philosophy my As grades were BBCC i'm predicted BBB and the offer was BBC
So i'm really happy :smile:) goodluck people

Quick Reply