The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by pongalo
I've applied to Brookes, Cardiff and Queens Belfast for Architecture and UCL for Fine Art. I applied last year to 5 arch courses so i already know that it's not a fast process. And i saw that you thought Brookes don't interview or request a portfolio, they do. They ask for a digital p/folio and then they usually interview although sometimes they give you an offer without one but only in rare circumstances. Where else have you applied? Any questions about the process, just ask and i'll do my best to answer them! :smile:

Ohh I was hoping they don't, I hate interviews.
I applied to Brookes, Kent, Plymouth, Coventry and Portsmouth.
Do you know how long it takes for Brookes to reply?
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Just to let u guys no that the university will be closed at the end of the week so dont worry if you dont get a response till the new year. :smile:
i've applied to oxford brookes for psychology with sociology :smile:
i haven't got an acknowledgement or offer yet so am a bit worried :/ but have got offers from my other 4!
has anyone got an offer yet?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 323
Original post by Veee
Ohh I was hoping they don't, I hate interviews.
I applied to Brookes, Kent, Plymouth, Coventry and Portsmouth.
Do you know how long it takes for Brookes to reply?

Just checked my emails and i sent my ucas off at the end of december and didnt hear back until May -_- I had to email them becuase it was after the deadline that unis had to respond. But my friend heard back a few weeks after the digital portfolio request so about Feb but she didnt't need an interview. I'm guessing you'd get an interveiw a few weeks after the digital portfolio and then possibly a week or two after that you'd hear back. If you don't like interviews, make sure your p/folio is epic :biggrin:
Offer for computer science yesterday! I couldn't believe it when I opened the email from Ucas. An offer on a Sunday?!
Reply 325
Original post by pongalo
Just checked my emails and i sent my ucas off at the end of december and didnt hear back until May -_- I had to email them becuase it was after the deadline that unis had to respond. But my friend heard back a few weeks after the digital portfolio request so about Feb but she didnt't need an interview. I'm guessing you'd get an interveiw a few weeks after the digital portfolio and then possibly a week or two after that you'd hear back. If you don't like interviews, make sure your p/folio is epic :biggrin:

Wooow that's late! I hope I hear from them soon.. I gave it in on the 12th October, my college sent it off around 22nd November (took their time -___-) and Brookes received my application on the 25th, and last week, maybe 2 weeks ago I received a postcard from them
I guess I have to get ready for an interview!
Original post by York10

Original post by York10
Oxford Brookes:ahee:

York10 what you applying for at Oxford Brooke's?
Reply 327
Original post by Veee
Wooow that's late! I hope I hear from them soon.. I gave it in on the 12th October, my college sent it off around 22nd November (took their time -___-) and Brookes received my application on the 25th, and last week, maybe 2 weeks ago I received a postcard from them
I guess I have to get ready for an interview!

Have you sent them the digital p/folio yet?
Reply 328
Original post by pongalo
Have you sent them the digital p/folio yet?

Nope, they rejected me, got an email now..
Reply 329
Original post by Veee
Nope, they rejected me, got an email now..

That's grim but at least you don't have to have an interview :tongue: It's such a competitive course so don't get disheartened, you're one of many people to not get a place! Best of luck with your other choices though, let me know when you hear back from them :smile:
Reply 330
Original post by pongalo
That's grim but at least you don't have to have an interview
:tongue: It's such a competitive course so don't get disheartened, you're one of many people to not get a place! Best of luck with your other choices though, let me know when you hear back from them :smile:

LOOOOL about the interview! :biggrin:
Well, that wasn't my first choice anyway
I got a conditional offer from Portsmouth, interview in Coventry (I don't think I'll go to it), portfolio requested from Kent and Plymouth
And thanks :smile:
Have you got any offers yet?
Reply 331
Original post by Veee
LOOOOL about the interview! :biggrin:
Well, that wasn't my first choice anyway
I got a conditional offer from Portsmouth, interview in Coventry (I don't think I'll go to it), portfolio requested from Kent and Plymouth
And thanks :smile:
Have you got any offers yet?

My ucas was only sent of last week so i've only got acknowledgements from 3 of my 4 places, just need one from brookes now! Where's your top choice then?
Reply 332
Has anyone applying for Adult Nursing got an offer? Brookes is my first choice and I am worried I am not going to get a place!
Interview for Paramedic Emergency Care on 5th January!
Reply 334
Original post by pongalo
My ucas was only sent of last week so i've only got acknowledgements from 3 of my 4 places, just need one from brookes now! Where's your top choice then?

Ohh, that's okay then :smile:
Kent is my first choice if I get an offer, and yours?
I got a conditional offer from Plymouth today :biggrin:
Reply 335
Original post by Veee
Ohh, that's okay then :smile:
Kent is my first choice if I get an offer, and yours?
I got a conditional offer from Plymouth today :biggrin:

Congratulations! Well I loved Cardiff, but im starting to think i'd prefer fine art, so maybe i'd firm UCL...I'm kinda hoping only one of them gives me an offer to make the decision easier lol
I have applied to Brookes to do English Language and Communication with Communication, Media and Culture (definitely going to have to work out a way of abbreviating that for people who ask!).

Will be a mature student at the ripe old age of 21, have been doing an Access course this year; I only need to pass the Access course (effectively CCC) to get onto the course at Brookes which was a nice surprise!
Anyone doing computer science at all?
Reply 338
Just got an interview for combined Publishing Media and Business Management:smile: but they whole uni is on winter break until the 3rd
Reply 339
whooo LAW OFFER 'ABB'.. so relieved! definite first choice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending