The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by miggy93
I have received offer from every other uni I have applied to apart from Oxford Brookes. I applied for Films Studies with Spanish back in the beginning of December and its been a while so I am getting very concerned. I have always thought it was a long shot but I still had hopes I could put it as my firm. any of you guys think I still have a chance? I'm thinking about calling them because ideally they should aim to get back to us by the end of march and that's not too far away! :frown: But still I wonder if they really didn't want me wouldn't they have just rejected me already?

Good luck to everyone! :biggrin:

Hey I dont know if this will put you as ease but my friend applied for psychology and sports science waaayy back in early november and still hasn't been offered a place. She rang them up but they said she has to wait and will know in march. So there's still hope and you're not the only one!
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 581
Hey,

woah... yeah I hope I still have a chance. :biggrin: i know 2 other people who have applied to oxford brookes... one has been offered a place and the other is in the same position as I am! :frown: but yeah i can only hope for the best although i had accepted rejection. tbh i jusy wanna know the answer. i dont like waiting too long!
Original post by miggy93
Hey,

woah... yeah I hope I still have a chance. :biggrin: i know 2 other people who have applied to oxford brookes... one has been offered a place and the other is in the same position as I am! :frown: but yeah i can only hope for the best although i had accepted rejection. tbh i jusy wanna know the answer. i dont like waiting too long!

same here...waiting is exhausting :s-smilie:
I just emailed them. It's getting Silly. 2 weeks left!!
Well, only 10 days if you don't count the weekends. :/
Reply 584
Original post by CrazyPerson
I just emailed them. It's getting Silly. 2 weeks left!!
Well, only 10 days if you don't count the weekends. :/

Yeah i wanna call them on monday but what exactly do i say to them?
Original post by miggy93
I have received offer from every other uni I have applied to apart from Oxford Brookes. I applied for Films Studies with Spanish back in the beginning of December and its been a while so I am getting very concerned. I have always thought it was a long shot but I still had hopes I could put it as my firm. any of you guys think I still have a chance? I'm thinking about calling them because ideally they should aim to get back to us by the end of march and that's not too far away! :frown: But still I wonder if they really didn't want me wouldn't they have just rejected me already?

Good luck to everyone! :biggrin:

Yeah. Good Luck to everyone!!

Here's hoping that everyone who applied to OB does actually get the response they desire:unsure:
I'm a bit worried that on the Website for OB it's already advertising for the 2013 Prospectus, and there's no more Undergraduate Open days for students starting 2012. . .

O.M.F.G!!! I'M GOING INSANE :headfire:
what's up with OB?? i am startng to get a bit disappointed...why don't they respond on anything?
i hate waiting :frown:just say i am rejected...but don't let me wait... :frown:
Original post by donotpanic:P
what's up with OB?? i am startng to get a bit disappointed...why don't they respond on anything?
i hate waiting :frown:just say i am rejected...but don't let me wait... :frown:

I really want to go there, and I mean MAJORLY want to go there. Ive got three offeres already by Feb 20th but I want Oxford Brookes as my firm. The last time my UCAS was updated by them was December 21st.

Even more annoying is that on an open day i went to the admissions woman was really impressed with my grades and said I should get an offer no problem. So i've had all my hopes pinned on this Uni.

It's getting beyond a joke. I don't know whether to cry or scream!!!! :nooo: :rant:
I'm a bit worried that on the Website for OB it's already advertising for the 2013 Prospectus, and there's no more Undergraduate Open days for students starting 2012. . .

O.M.F.G!!! I'M GOING INSANE :headfire:

Don't panic! There are Open Days and there are Open Days. The ones you're worrying about are for prospective applicants, whereas the departments organise 'Applicants' Open Days for students who've been made offers for 2012 and these aren't necesarily advertised on their website (it's like a private members club). It may well be that the Academic School for your course hasn't yet had its 2012 Applicants Open Day because it hasn't finished making its offers yet .... I hope that's the case, anyway and good luck.
Original post by Winterbells
Don't panic! There are Open Days and there are Open Days. The ones you're worrying about are for prospective applicants, whereas the departments organise 'Applicants' Open Days for students who've been made offers for 2012 and these aren't necesarily advertised on their website (it's like a private members club). It may well be that the Academic School for your course hasn't yet had its 2012 Applicants Open Day because it hasn't finished making its offers yet .... I hope that's the case, anyway and good luck.

So do I Winterbells, so do I.
There's 10 days left. I want it so bad, but what if they just don't reply?
Can i apply again for the same course through clearing or extras or whetever?
:hmpf::s-smilie:
I really want to go there, and I mean MAJORLY want to go there. Ive got three offeres already by Feb 20th but I want Oxford Brookes as my firm. The last time my UCAS was updated by them was December 21st.

Even more annoying is that on an open day i went to the admissions woman was really impressed with my grades and said I should get an offer no problem. So i've had all my hopes pinned on this Uni.

It's getting beyond a joke. I don't know whether to cry or scream!!!! :nooo: :rant:

i so mcuh agree with you!! i went there last summer and talked with that lady as well and she told me the same thing...i also got unconditional offers from two universities and i don't want to go there...i want oxford brookes!! just like you, i don't know if i should cry or scream...this is exhausting!!:frown:
i so mcuh agree with you!! i went there last summer and talked with that lady as well and she told me the same thing...i also got unconditional offers from two universities and i don't want to go there...i want oxford brookes!! just like you, i don't know if i should cry or scream...this is exhausting!!:frown:

We should get them done for causing undue stress!!! :mad:
We should get them done for causing undue stress!!! :mad:

agreed!
my heart is racing everytime i get an email!! and that is really annoying!!:mad:
agreed!
my heart is racing everytime i get an email!! and that is really annoying!!:mad:

Oh I know!!! Try to think, it's just an email, just an email, just an email. And it DOESN'T WORK!!! :shock:

I beg and plead and wish to the sky before I go to my inbox . . . and it's something pointless. :unimpressed:
I've firmed my offer at OxB :biggrin: Paramedic Emergency Care September 2012!
Reply 596
Oh I know!!! Try to think, it's just an email, just an email, just an email. And it DOESN'T WORK!!! :shock:

I beg and plead and wish to the sky before I go to my inbox . . . and it's something pointless. :unimpressed:

I know exactly what you mean. I receive emails on my phone... so every time my phone flashes red I'm like damn it, please let it be OB! Ill defo have to call them tomorrow! I don't think they know how badly people wants these places at their uni! whether or not I get an email from them I still think its will be bad news.

but still good luck to you all!
Reply 597
Original post by ~Justin~
I've firmed my offer at OxB :biggrin: Paramedic Emergency Care September 2012!

Rub it in why don't you! nahh I joke! well done man! enjoy!
Original post by miggy93
I know exactly what you mean. I receive emails on my phone... so every time my phone flashes red I'm like damn it, please let it be OB! Ill defo have to call them tomorrow! I don't think they know how badly people wants these places at their uni! whether or not I get an email from them I still think its will be bad news.

but still good luck to you all!

Apparently they actual deadline isn't til May 9th.

March 31st is just a rough estimate for when UCAS would like all applications to be responded too . . .

So, in theory, we could still have 6 weeks to wait. :banghead: :headfire: :lolwut: :mad2:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 599
Apparently they actual deadline isn't til May 9th.

March 31st is just a rough estimate for when UCAS would like all applications to be responded too . . .

So, in theory, we could still have 6 weeks to wait. :banghead: :headfire: :lolwut: :mad2:

ahhh what! fudge that! so long!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending