Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Oxford Brookes 2012

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arantxaxiam)
    I am doing politics, economics and international relations !!!!!! u???
    Dont know if our paths will cross then. I'm doin human biosciencewith anthropology.
    where you thinkin for accomodation then?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyPerson)
    I GOT AN OFFER!!!!!
    :banana::banana2::clap2::dance::happy2::hoppy::nutcase::rofl3::woo::woohoo:

They say it's Conditional on me passing my access course. But i've already passed it. Just emailed them my certificates to prove I have

arantxaxiam you were right!! Email reply and then an offer within the week

I'm SOOOOOO Happy I could fly!!!
    Congratulations ^_^
    Resent an email to OB today, staying optimistic haha.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Torrent)
    Congratulations ^_^
    Resent an email to OB today, staying optimistic haha.
    stay positive! best of luck !
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dont know if our paths will cross then. I'm doin human biosciencewith anthropology.
    where you thinkin for accomodation then?
    cheney student village ensuite or clive botth student village ensuite as well ! how about you?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I GOT AN OFFER!!!!!
    :banana::banana2::clap2::dance::happy2::hoppy::nutcase::rofl3::woo::woohoo:

They say it's Conditional on me passing my access course. But i've already passed it. Just emailed them my certificates to prove I have

arantxaxiam you were right!! Email reply and then an offer within the week

I'm SOOOOOO Happy I could fly!!!
    Hey, congrats on your offer. I'm in exactly the same situation with the offer and already passed the access. Except I have no scanned copies of my certs. Did you have to call them to get the address or am I being really dim and missing some instructions somewhere? Thanks.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by green.tea)
    Hey, congrats on your offer. I'm in exactly the same situation with the offer and already passed the access. Except I have no scanned copies of my certs. Did you have to call them to get the address or am I being really dim and missing some instructions somewhere? Thanks.
    What address?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What address?
    Where to send the certificates. I know they get a-level results automatically but we have to send them our access ones ourselves. I' m planning on calling them tomorrow but didnt want to do so having missed something obvious.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Where to send the certificates. I know they get a-level results automatically but we have to send them our access ones ourselves. I' m planning on calling them tomorrow but didnt want to do so having missed something obvious.
    I just quoted my UCAS ID number and name. And sent the scans to the query email address.

YOu shouldn't need to send them the hard copies.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just quoted my UCAS ID number and name. And sent the scans to the query email address.

YOu shouldn't need to send them the hard copies.
    Ahh, thanks. I'll see if a can use someones scanner and do that. Have they changed your offer to unconditional?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, thanks. I'll see if a can use someones scanner and do that. Have they changed your offer to unconditional?
    Not yet, but I only emailed them on Friday morning. I'll ring them on Tuesday if it's still conditional.

Can't find my course on SF now. GRRRRR :mad:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Have an unconditional offer and have just firmed Brookes, ahhhhhh so excited for September
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josiexoxo)
    Have an unconditional offer and have just firmed Brookes, ahhhhhh so excited for September
    Me too. I can't wait to get there. :woo:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Me too. I can't wait to get there. :woo:
    Congrats, what will you be studying?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasperbasil2)
    Congrats, what will you be studying?
    Japanese. I'm going to be studying hard between now and then to give myself a head start.

How about you?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Japanese. I'm going to be studying hard between now and then to give myself a head start.

How about you?
    I am doing politics, economics and international relations, started in January. :-)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasperbasil2)

I am doing politics, economics and international relations, started in January. :-)
    Cool. How are you finding it? I've never been to Oxford. Is the area as nice as people say?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cool. How are you finding it? I've never been to Oxford. Is the area as nice as people say?
    yes, it is as nice as they say
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes, its lovely, plus it has something for everyone.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    They have now!! And I've firmed it. :woo:
    SOOOOO excited that I'm going to be living in Oxford!!!
    Such a beautiful place.

Just continuing the fight with the delightful service that is Student Finance :unimpressed:

Did you scan you certificates and get them sent off?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just continuing the fight with the delightful service that is Student Finance :unimpressed:
    Hate to be the harbinger of doom but I applied for my SF in November, started uni in January and am still doing battle, though we are getting closer I would highly reccommend that you note every call, every name and keep a folder of all your letters etc.

They have even managed to deny knowledge of one form that was in the same envelope as one they freely admit receiving!

On the plus side my daughters application went straight through ...... not that I'm jealous, lol.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 9, 2013
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.