The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes 2012

Scroll to see replies

I applied yesterday how long have people waited to hear if they have been rejected or got an offer?
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 141
i applied about the 29th sept and got an interview through yesterday for architecture, although my friend had to wait about 3 weeks for an offer which was for sports science :smile: hope this is helpful :smile:
thankyou :smile: gosh long wait its a very very tense time!
Reply 143
Original post by SillyMilly
thankyou :smile: gosh long wait its a very very tense time!

Tell me about it SillyMilly! I applied yesterday for mathematical sciences! I hope they don't take too long!
Original post by unity93
Tell me about it SillyMilly! I applied yesterday for mathematical sciences! I hope they don't take too long!

I hope not! im already glued to looking at my emails and its only been 24 hours!! what a levels are you doing, maths i assume for one!
my application was processed on the 27th of october and received an offer yesterday

Anybody for Law?

I'm applying for Law
Original post by krussel
I'm applying for Law

When did you get your offers for reading and Bristol? we have applied to the same 4 unis :P
Reply 148
I hope not! im already glued to looking at my emails and its only been 24 hours!! what a levels are you doing, maths i assume for one!

lol yeah I know what you mean..I think it's best to just maybe not look at your emails/track for a good two weeks at least..otherwise it just gets too stressful because each time you log in..and you don't see any reply..the stress/tension just builds!! And that does no favours!

I'm doing Maths, Biology, English literature and Further Maths AS/A2 (self teaching) but I've kind of done the first three..I'm on a gap year doing some re-sits!!

What A-Level are you doing? Is it law you're applying for? I know some people who are doing law at oxford brookes..they say it's very hard! Good luck :biggrin:
Reply 149
Original post by i Pav i
you go chelmo college :O

i know loadsa people that go there hahaha.

I used to go Brentwood School :smile:

Yeah I go Chelmsford college, sadly :frown: Haha. Small world eh?
Reply 150
Original post by Jodianne
Yeah I go Chelmsford college, sadly :frown: Haha. Small world eh?

i knoooww :O aha..

youre applying at ox brookes aswell :smile: very smaall world :smile:

800 followers :O jesus. you must tweet baaaaaares.
Whos been to an open day ?? Care to share a honest opinion of the place ?
Original post by TRUE_GOONERM

I have and i really liked it, but I would suggest visiting as it will be different for everyone
Reply 153

I enjoyed it, seemed like a lovely place. (Had a rather nice pub about 5 minutes away too :P )
Reply 154

I've been to an open day there - looked LOVELY :biggrin: - really nice people and staff.. feels more homely and a nicer environment compared to bigger uni's e.g. Manchester where everything s spread out.

Original post by shnibbles
I enjoyed it, seemed like a lovely place. (Had a rather nice pub about 5 minutes away too :P )

I went to that pub after the open day! was reaallyy goood :P ahaha.
Reply 155
international hospitality management!
Reply 156
Film and philosophy
Reply 157
Anyone applied for History?
I applied before I visited and got an offer of BBB, went to see it last week and it was much better than what I had heard from some people. Although my friend goes there and she loves it :smile:
I saw the pub aswell!
Has anyone else looked at the halls? What do you think?
Reply 159
Original post by LouisMartinTierney
Has anyone else looked at the halls? What do you think?

The Clive Booth and Chesney Village ones are apparently the best..

However, even the others were all very nice when I visited.. In fact the condition of the halls that I saw was one of the main reasons I chose Brookes to be one of my choices.. as compared to Manchester Met.. which were horrific, the Brookes halls were particularly nice and clean and seemed fairly close to the buildings I would have lectures in :smile:

Personally though, I like halls to be quite close together and for it to feel fully like a campus university, On the other hand .. if you prefer bigger halls with 1000s more students then maybe Manc Met or Sheffield Hallam will be of more your taste :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest