The Student Room Group
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester

Winchester 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hookaduck
Oh really? That's awesome! Thank you so much. I'll definitely drop them an email.

Was it the department or admissions you spoke to?

I spoke to admissions :smile:
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester
Just applied for accommodation! Anyone else put down West Downs ensuite (moderately quiet) as their 1st choice?

I wasn't really sure what to put when they said quiet/moderately quiet :/ I just hope I get a room in one of the houses!
Original post by followmeup
Just applied for accommodation! Anyone else put down West Downs ensuite (moderately quiet) as their 1st choice?

I wasn't really sure what to put when they said quiet/moderately quiet :/ I just hope I get a room in one of the houses!

I put West Downs en suite as my 1st choice but I put quiet. It was on that already and I doubt there is much difference anyway. What did you put for 2nd and 3rd? I put WD shared as 2nd and QR as 3rd.

I really want to live in West Downs though :smile:
Reply 323
>_> I lost my uni number. FML. It could only happen to me!
>_> I lost my uni number. FML. It could only happen to me!

I did the same! Luckily woke up early and raided my house to find it written down somewhere. Did you find it in the end?
Reply 325
Original post by thisisthemoment
I did the same! Luckily woke up early and raided my house to find it written down somewhere. Did you find it in the end?

I was up early and still forgot -____- I phoned up (thinking it was a bank holiday >_<) and some lovely lady answered who sent me an email with it on :smile:

I was completely stuck between West Downs and being sensible and going to catered halls though. I hate being personally penniless. It's the worst kind XD
Original post by frozoz
application for accomodation starts tomorrow! have chosen west downs as im doing business and its closer lol

Do you know if you can apply if they're your insurance?

NVM found it on the website.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 327
Hey, quick question!
I'm intending on applying to live in Queens Road, self catered. Am I right in saying these are the new buildings? Because the accommodation tour I took, the lady showed us these rooms that were apparently only 2/3 years old. They seemed so nice, and so close to the uni, etc. I just want to make sure that's Queens Road and I'm not actually applying for some random place I've never seen haha!
Thanks!
Original post by nownow
Hey, quick question!
I'm intending on applying to live in Queens Road, self catered. Am I right in saying these are the new buildings? Because the accommodation tour I took, the lady showed us these rooms that were apparently only 2/3 years old. They seemed so nice, and so close to the uni, etc. I just want to make sure that's Queens Road and I'm not actually applying for some random place I've never seen haha!
Thanks!

Those are the right ones, yes :smile:
I applied for my housing this morning!
Ensuite at west downs, quiet. SO EXCITED!!! :biggrin:
Reply 330
Original post by zoeawesome
I applied for my housing this morning!
Ensuite at west downs, quiet. SO EXCITED!!! :biggrin:

Ah, thank you! I can't apply for housing yet, keep getting an error message...

I made Winchester my firm choice on 30th March, so I have to wait according to an email from them for my application to be processed.

BUT, they called and said I should be able to now...but I still can't! So frustrating! :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 331
Original post by nownow
Ah, thank you! I can't apply for housing yet, keep getting an error message...

I made Winchester my firm choice on 30th March, so I have to wait according to an email from them for my application to be processed.

BUT, they called and said I should be able to now...but I still can't! So frustrating! :frown:

Hopefully you can soon! I'm sure most people won't be applying for it right now so I'm sure they'll be plenty of rooms left. We're just pretty eager :biggrin:
Reply 332
Hopefully you can soon! I'm sure most people won't be applying for it right now so I'm sure they'll be plenty of rooms left. We're just pretty eager :biggrin:

Ah, I've applied now! So excited! Queens Road, quiet, self catered. Now I write that, it sounds pretty antisocial! :| I'm so terrified about all this.
Original post by thisisthemoment
I put West Downs en suite as my 1st choice but I put quiet. It was on that already and I doubt there is much difference anyway. What did you put for 2nd and 3rd? I put WD shared as 2nd and QR as 3rd.

I really want to live in West Downs though :smile:

Kind of wishing I put quiet now :s I don't know which ones are the quiet ones or not.

2nd - West Downs standard
3rd - Queen's Road ensuite

I really want to live in West Downs as well!
Reply 334
Original post by nownow
Hey, quick question!
Thanks!

Yes, that's them. They're very nice and will be standing for one more year before getting knocked down.
Reply 335
Original post by Koscielny
Yes, that's them. They're very nice and will be standing for one more year before getting knocked down.

I know it won't affect me but why are they being knocked down? I thought they were only up since 2010, seems a bit soon to be getting rid of such nice accommodation!

Oh boy am I worried. Everyone seems to have gone for West Downs, and I'm just here like...cough, I applied for Queens Road...:|
Reply 336
Original post by nownow
Ah, I've applied now! So excited! Queens Road, quiet, self catered. Now I write that, it sounds pretty antisocial! :| I'm so terrified about all this.

I was pretty confused about the mod-quite/quite options. I didn't want it to be boring so put mod-quite because, tbh, I got confused!

I'm sure it'll be fiiiine. Queens looked pretty nice ^___^

Original post by nownow
I know it won't affect me but why are they being knocked down? I thought they were only up since 2010, seems a bit soon to be getting rid of such nice accommodation!

Oh boy am I worried. Everyone seems to have gone for West Downs, and I'm just here like...cough, I applied for Queens Road...:|

It's okay, I applied for (hopefully) Alwyn... *forever alone*. If it helps, I know of someone else who applied for Queens.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 337
I was pretty confused about the mod-quite/quite options. I didn't want it to be boring so put mod-quite because, tbh, I got confused!

I think quiet probably means it'll be further away from the uni to limit noise? I don't know. Just panicking at the lack of people applying for Queens here is all! Ahaha xD
Original post by danielleelizabethx
criminology & education studies :smile: you? do you have fb? :smile:

ooo interesting, Global studies and Politics :smile: i do indeed :smile:

It's okay, I applied for (hopefully) Alwyn... *forever alone*. If it helps, I know of someone else who applied for Queens.

The quiet/mod-quiet confused me too! So I panicked and put mod-quiet!! haha
So glad that the housing application is done though! Now we wait.. hah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending