The Student Room Group
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester

Winchester 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Heyy, thought I'd just jump into the thread!
I'm doing English Language and I've applied for the West Downs accommodation. :biggrin:
So excited, I went to a different Uni last year, didn't like the course or Uni and dropped out. So now I know I'm definitely making the right choice.
Anyone else doing English Lang / staying in West Downs?
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester
Reply 421
Hi everyone :smile:
I've applied for Queens road moderately quiet accomodation- I really wasn't sure which accomodation to pick but I thought the rooms seemed nicer in queens.
I've got a condtional offer for social work. Is there anyone else starting this course in september? :biggrin: xx
Reply 422
I may have to take a trip to Winchester again just because I miss it so much >___< Loser much :biggrin:
Reply 423
Original post by hookaduck
I may have to take a trip to Winchester again just because I miss it so much >___< Loser much :biggrin:

Ha, I know how you feel! I only live about 30-45 mins away and there's a road sign pointing to Winchester near the town centre... So whenever we go past, I ask whoever's driving to take me to Winchester :biggrin: hehe
Reply 424
Original post by codle
Ha, I know how you feel! I only live about 30-45 mins away and there's a road sign pointing to Winchester near the town centre... So whenever we go past, I ask whoever's driving to take me to Winchester :biggrin: hehe

I live about an hour away (about and a bit by train), so not too far, but enough that I can't be there 24/7 :smile:

Really? That's so sneaky. I have to try that at some point! :biggrin:
Reply 425
Original post by hookaduck
I live about an hour away (about and a bit by train), so not too far, but enough that I can't be there 24/7 :smile:

Really? That's so sneaky. I have to try that at some point! :biggrin:

Hehe :biggrin: mostly my family just ignore me, they don't take me there except when we went for open days :frown: :P it's nice to know I won't be too far from home when I go to uni though :biggrin:
Reply 426
Original post by tessmith
im 21 too danielle & doing an access course! cant wait to get to uni but especially Winchester! exciiiiting! x

I'm also 21 and doing an access course! Well, 22 this week, bleh

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Robbob16

What have you applied to do? :smile:
and happy birthday for whenever it is this week! :smile:
Reply 428

Ahh cool. Which pathway are you doing? Happy Birthday! :smile:
x
Reply 429
Original post by Popart
Heyy, thought I'd just jump into the thread!
I'm doing English Language and I've applied for the West Downs accommodation. :biggrin:
So excited, I went to a different Uni last year, didn't like the course or Uni and dropped out. So now I know I'm definitely making the right choice.
Anyone else doing English Lang / staying in West Downs?

Me :hello:
Did you apply for quiet or moderately quiet? I chose quiet.
I read West Downs has a separate area for mature students but there was no mention of that in the application. I wonder if they'll automatically give me a room in a flat with other over 21-year-olds.
Reply 430
Original post by NaomiHope
Yeah Creative Writing is definately English! :smile: I picked West downs in the end, it's cheaper and by the end we'll all be looking for house shares right? :') Queens is my second choice though! So we might be neighbors!

Hehe, we might indeed :biggrin: even if you get West Downs, I'm sure we'll see each other round the English-y parts of campus!!! And ah yes, very true about the house shares in year 2 :')!

I can't wait for September :biggrin: this uni business is really daunting but soooooo exciting!!! You? :smile:
Reply 431
Original post by codle
Hehe :biggrin: mostly my family just ignore me, they don't take me there except when we went for open days :frown: :P it's nice to know I won't be too far from home when I go to uni though :biggrin:

Families are so mean sometimes :biggrin: Did you go to both of the open days? It's always nice to be not too far away from home =] But far away enough for your own space.
Reply 432
Original post by tessmith
Ahh cool. Which pathway are you doing? Happy Birthday! :smile:
x

Original post by danielleelizabethx
What have you applied to do? :smile:
and happy birthday for whenever it is this week! :smile:

Thanks! I've firmed Winchester for English with American Literature, I'm sure you've already said way back in the thread but what are you guys planning to do?

Thanks! I've firmed Winchester for English with American Literature, I'm sure you've already said way back in the thread but what are you guys planning to do?

Ooh awesome! I'm gonna be studying Education Studies and Criminology :smile:
Reply 434
Original post by danielleelizabethx
Ooh awesome! I'm gonna be studying Education Studies and Criminology :smile:

Ah that's cool, I wanted to do education studies to begin with but i'm more confident in my ability to do well in English haha, what made you choose those two together?

I'm bored I just want to go now. :') Planned the stuff for my room and everything!
Reply 436
Original post by Channah
Me :hello:
I read West Downs has a separate area for mature students but there was no mention of that in the application. I wonder if they'll automatically give me a room in a flat with other over 21-year-olds.

It does, but you only get it if you are 23 years of age. If you are below that age you'll be put into a flat with people from ages 18-22.
Reply 437
I just finished my first year at Winchester today, if you have guys have any questions I'd be happy to help.
Ah that's cool, I wanted to do education studies to begin with but i'm more confident in my ability to do well in English haha, what made you choose those two together?

I originally wanted to go to cardiff and do education, and realised there were crim modules in that, and the joint had lower entry requirements, so i looked about at where else did joint and applied. changed my mind to winchester pretty quickly though - cant wait to go now!! :smile:
Winchester seem to have plummeted in the past year in rankings? What do you think

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT26i

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending