Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hedgeman49
Congrats - audit, tax or advisory?

Tax at Leeds office :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Laura Duggan
Tax at Leeds office :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice. Looking forward to living in London? It's intense but pretty fun having all of the tax grads in one place.
Reply 62
Nice. Looking forward to living in London? It's intense but pretty fun having all of the tax grads in one place.

Why would they live in London if they applied to Leeds?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WhiteTea
Why would they live in London if they applied to Leeds?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Intensive front-loaded study, all UK tax grads do it in London

Yeah it's slightly daunting but I love to be in the thick of it! Plus I love London so it will be awesome to train down and meet everyone. From your comment I take it you've done it? How did you find it and how are you finding the job? Are you still at KPMG now and if so which office?

Sorry for the 50 million questions I really love everything I've researched and seen so far about KPMG so I'm eager to find out more. Also thank you for your advice on the other thread for the partner interview :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Intensive front-loaded study, all UK tax grads do it in London

Oh tax do a period of training in London?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
How hard is the partner's interview generally?
Original post by Bloodbath
How hard is the partner's interview generally?

I have read mixed reviews on it. I found a thread on here from 2012 saying around 88% pass and it's more about getting to know the firm better and it's a lot more relaxed, you can read that here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2171547

However on wikijobs some of the threads talk about needing to know your stuff especially a business issue and questions surrounding it:
http://www.wikijob.co.uk/forum/accounting-professional-services/kpmg-partner-interview-2013

I think if you have good career motivation and business awareness it should be quite straight forward. I'm worried that my nerves will get the best of me but just hoping I can do enough preparation to ease them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WhiteTea
Oh tax do a period of training in London?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup we do nearly 10 months where we do all exams bar the case study. That's for CA and ITP (Scottish equivalent of CTA)
Yeah it's slightly daunting but I love to be in the thick of it! Plus I love London so it will be awesome to train down and meet everyone. From your comment I take it you've done it? How did you find it and how are you finding the job? Are you still at KPMG now and if so which office?

Sorry for the 50 million questions I really love everything I've researched and seen so far about KPMG so I'm eager to find out more. Also thank you for your advice on the other thread for the partner interview :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll PM you
Original post by Sweety_pie
I had mine today and it was difficult to say the least. If any one wants advice and tips send a pm my way.

Hiya, I know it's been a long time since you had your assessment day with KPMG, but was just wandering how you got on?
I know this thread is quite old but it really helped me to prepare for my AC with KPMG yesterday so just thought I would share my experience as it's more up to date.

All the advice on this thread is still really relevant as it is exactly the same AC but I did read on the target jobs website that they recommend in the self review at the end of each exercise that you don't talk too much about the positives as the assessors are going to see what you've done well anyway. I don't know if this has changed but now there are designated sections of what you did well, what you didn't do well and what you would do differently next time. This is a timed exercise and 10 minutes goes by quick so get your points down and then go back to flesh them out if needed. Be honest here as one of the key competencies is 'strives for continuous improvement' so they want to know you're aware of your strengths AND weaknesses.

The laptops are quite a lot smaller than a standard laptop (mine is a dell inspiron which is quite a lot larger) so you will need to get used to where the keys are and constantly check for typos as there is no spell checker.

I would also recommend you get a friend to practice role plays with - it doesn't matter what scenarios you do just get used to these situations. This was my first AC and I was thrown by nerves especially in the first role play. KPMG use professional actors for the 'client' and 'manager' role but when I get nervous I want to giggle and everything about the situation is very alien. However how well the actress played the role of the client threw me again and put me on the back foot and I think in places I lost control of the situation. I was much more prepared for the second meeting and felt I did a lot better in that.

Other than that just try to relax and enjoy yourself. I was extremely nervous as it was my first AC and I didn't manage to get a lot of sleep. When I walked in I was ten minutes early and still the second to last to arrive. I was the only girl amongst four other guys who all wore suits and most were older than me. Although initially I felt very out of my depth none of them were in the same stream as me and the facilitator said at the beginning on a good day we could all be successful and on a bad day we could all be rejected so at no point do you feel you're being pegged against someone else. The facilitators were both really friendly and were open to any questions. Even the assessors in the role play were friendly and made you feel a little less nervous.

I'm still yet to hear back and I'm worried I stuffed up the first meeting. Will be absolutely gutted if I failed but nonetheless it was a really great experience! If anyone wants any more info feel free to PM me or reply on the thread :smile:

Hi, I know this was a while ago but I have my assessment day coming up with KPMG and was wandering how you got on?
Original post by Lara01202
Hi, I know this was a while ago but I have my assessment day coming up with KPMG and was wandering how you got on?

Which scheme is this for?
were there any numerical test during the AC ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending