The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Korean Studies 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by ZombieYoshi
Although not related to the course, I suppose it's Korean: Just finished City Hunter. Cried like a little girl. Why are Asians so good at doing this to me ;_;

Oh gawd yeah City Hunter ending was pretty sad. I don't know about you but throughout the drama I was like "a** hole dad!! You're not even his dad go away!!" and then, by the end, I was crying my eyes out for him. Wish he wasn't so obsessed with revenge! Haha
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by Munny_d
Oh gawd yeah City Hunter ending was pretty sad. I don't know about you but throughout the drama I was like "a** hole dad!! You're not even his dad go away!!" and then, by the end, I was crying my eyes out for him. Wish he wasn't so obsessed with revenge! Haha

aha yeah, I wasn't his biggest fan though out, but then at the end I was just "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" ;A;
Finally got an email saying I had an offer, got all excited only for it to turn out to be Leeds, which I only applied to to fill up spaces D:
Plus, it's AAB, despite the course requirements saying ABC or BBB.

Why can't Sheffield hurry up!?!?!?!? :mad:
Reply 103
Finally got an email saying I had an offer, got all excited only for it to turn out to be Leeds, which I only applied to to fill up spaces D:
Plus, it's AAB, despite the course requirements saying ABC or BBB.

Why can't Sheffield hurry up!?!?!?!? :mad:

When did you get the email saying they had gotten it? :O
For me it took maybe about 13 days, they answer the applications in bulks because I know I sent mine off on the 10th and then my friend (WHO ALSO GOT THE OFFER SO SHE'S DOING KOREAN TOO!!!) sent hers off like 5 days after mine, and we got the offer at the same time /:
They sent it the day after UCAS acknowledged (17th)... and then acknowledged it again the day after, so I have 6 emails haha. So it's been 9 days.
Reply 105
Aaaah it shouldn't be much longer then ^-^
Well I am thinking I'll probably get it this week judging by everyone else getting them around this time. Hope I get an offer for the joint, otherwise it'll be back to choosing between Japanese and Korean (if I get the offer for them). Although I think I'll go for Korean anyway...
Reply 107
You should be able to get a joint with Japanese - I said in my statement how I know the kana and stuff so it shouldn't be a issue :smile:
Reply 108
congrats grace for getting accepted! <3
Reply 109
Original post by Munny_d

Gosh, I finished City Hunter yesterday XD Just loved it too! the ending was quite crappy though. And definetly cried with Jin Pyo's death;__;

Well, back to the thread topic, I would really love to learn Korean! it's a pity that there's just two universities that offer the language in the UK... I'm not interested in Sheffield's course since I want to do Japanese as my major, and I'm not confident I'll get into SOAS, so... :cry2:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 110
Original post by Ahotaru

Well, back to the thread topic, I would really love to learn Korean! it's a pity that there's just two universities that offer the language in the UK... I'm not interested in Sheffield's course since I want to do Japanese as my major, and I'm not confident I'll get into SOAS, so... :cry2:

What course are you doing then? ;~; sobsuu /pats you
and @ jules93: Thank you! :]<3
Reply 111
Original post by taeace
What course are you doing then? ;~; sobsuu /pats you
<3

I'm interested in Japanese/Korean and Film Studies, so I'm a applying to courses such as "Japanese and Film and Television", "Japanese with Film Studies" and "Translation, Media and Japanese" :smile: I guess I will have to learn it on my own or go to a language school. Or watch lots, looooots of dramas :rolleyes:
Reply 112
hahaha which universities do that then? :redface: That was something I was quite interested in, but after doing media studies in AS I hated it ;~;
Reply 113
woah why did it put that as a smiley o.O it wasn't supposed to be happy, it was supposed to be a confused and interested emoticon! gah!
Reply 114
Original post by taeace
hahaha which universities do that then? :redface: That was something I was quite interested in, but after doing media studies in AS I hated it ;~;

You hated it? how come? ._.

And the universities that have it are: University of East Anglia, Oxford Brookes University and Central Lancashire :tongue:
Still nothing from Sheffield, although I recieved an offer from UCLan today. I'll get them next week, definitely!!! Please? ;_;
Reply 116
Original post by Ahotaru

And the universities that have it are: University of East Anglia, Oxford Brookes University and Central Lancashire :tongue:

Ahh I've applied to those universities as well! Except its for Japanese with International relations or something a long those lines. I would have also applied to SOAS but I didn't really like the vibe (I've been there 3 times) and the people I met were really reserved or quiet. Sheffield's student experience just seems way more appealing. Plus I wanna experience something outside of London.
Reply 117
Original post by Munny_d
Ahh I've applied to those universities as well! Except its for Japanese with International relations or something a long those lines. I would have also applied to SOAS but I didn't really like the vibe (I've been there 3 times) and the people I met were really reserved or quiet. Sheffield's student experience just seems way more appealing. Plus I wanna experience something outside of London.

A few months ago I was thinking about applying with international relations too, instead of film as it will be more useful I think, but... :rolleyes:

Anyway, we're invading the Korean Studies thread about Japanese stuff, sorry about that!
Reply 118
Original post by Ahotaru

I just didn't like the lessons really /: wasn't my cup of tea the way that my teacher just did the class and the students I was with... if they had done more international aspects of the media I probably would have been more interested /: *sighs*
Woah, good Unis! GOOD LUCK~

Still nothing from Sheffield, although I recieved an offer from UCLan today. I'll get them next week, definitely!!! Please? ;_;

Woah, how long has it been now?! I am sure they will do it soon ;~;
Reply 119
Original post by taeace
I just didn't like the lessons really /: wasn't my cup of tea the way that my teacher just did the class and the students I was with... if they had done more international aspects of the media I probably would have been more interested /: *sighs*
Woah, good Unis! GOOD LUCK~

Thanks! :tongue:

Do they have Korean at UCLan? ._.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending