Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Korean Studies 2012

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taeace)
    I've spent about an hour literally going through these threads about Korean Studies at Sheffield, I'm currently writing my personal statement about it but they only do Korean at Sheffield and London, but my dad doesn't want me to go to London so really I'm only applying for the one at Sheffield.
    Who else is planning for Korean, or ANY EA at Sheffield?!
    It seems so lonely on these threads, not many doing it..
    COME TO MEE
    Is that Taemin in your ava?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just got an ABB offer for Korean Studies and Korean Studies with Japanese!!!!!

Haven't gotten a reply for Japanese Studies for whatever reason (I imagine because it's more popular), but I don't really care since I want to do Korean Studies with Japanese as first choice.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JongKey)
    Is that Taemin in your ava?
    tehehe. YES IT IS! Taemin is my bias >< AND YOUR NAME. JONGKEY BAHAHAHA, I LOVE YOU

(Original post by ZombieYoshi)

Haven't gotten a reply for Japanese Studies for whatever reason (I imagine because it's more popular), but I don't really care since I want to do Korean Studies with Japanese as first choice.
    YAY, I AM GLAD YOU GOT THE OFFER DUDE! That's good!! Hopefully I'll see you in 2012 :3
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Hopefully we'll be classmates and the best of friends this time next year! haha
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Hopefully we'll be classmates and the best of friends this time next year! haha
    Sure thing! If we get these grades (ohgod) we should all do like a meet up and say like 'I'm taeace' "oh hey! I'm Zombie Yoshi!" XD
    Should be fun, I can't wait
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sure thing! If we get these grades (ohgod) we should all do like a meet up and say like 'I'm taeace' "oh hey! I'm Zombie Yoshi!" XD
    Should be fun, I can't wait
    Yeah, hopefully we can all get the grades D: Well, I got higher than the requirements at AS, so I just have to work super hard for A2!

Wouldn't there be a departmental Open Day some time next year for us to all meet?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, hopefully we can all get the grades D: Well, I got higher than the requirements at AS, so I just have to work super hard for A2!

Wouldn't there be a departmental Open Day some time next year for us to all meet?
    Yes yes yes!!! http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/visit/app/offer?type=EAS
    Just put in yr UCAS ID.

What date would you guys go?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure, I'll ask my parents what they think would be fine. Probably one in the holidays or something so my mum doesn't have to take a day off work and can drive me up. Unless I manage to get money to get the train by myself. Bah, living in Devon is bloody awkward (and expensive) for going anywhere relevant
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ahh that would mean going up on the 15th of Feb I guess. I'm flying off to Ireland then though so I'll be going up in March on my own and on a train instead!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well I just booked the 15th February for 11:30 because it's Half Term so my mum doesn't have to give up a day of pay like last time. I guess we'll just have to wait until September to meet, Triggster
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    What omg. The 15th february? But that's my birthday .-.
    Well dang it.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    You can spend it trudging around Sheffield! ;D Or I'll just have to see you in September too ;_;
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    What omg. The 15th february? But that's my birthday .-.
    Well dang it.
    There are some dates in March as well!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gaaaaaaah just sent off my ucas this minute.... sooo nervous about getting a conditional. That's what I'm most nervous about, getting even a conditional offer, because my grades last year were less than satisfactory. I know I can get the grades needed, but it's just being accepted in the first place. ((( Wish me luck anyway, if i am unsuccessful you may only get to see me in 2013 :')
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaeguri)
    Gaaaaaaah just sent off my ucas this minute.... sooo nervous about getting a conditional. That's what I'm most nervous about, getting even a conditional offer, because my grades last year were less than satisfactory. I know I can get the grades needed, but it's just being accepted in the first place. ((( Wish me luck anyway, if i am unsuccessful you may only get to see me in 2013 :')
    Good luck! Did you have your personal statement reviewed in the help forum at all? If your grades aren't stellar but still meet the minimum, a good PS for a niche degree like Korean could go a long way with the admissions staff.

also, have some feel-good K-rock :

Every time I watch that, I want to learn Korean. :ahee:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:

I know I'm bit late but...
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Hopefully will be seeing all you guys in September >_<!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think I'll do one of the dates in March- SORRY ZOMBIEYOSHI ;-; I'll see you in September dude! In that case we should all meet up still, just for the sake of it? and @ Kaeguri; don't worry! I was exactly the same, but I got a conditional and I was so nervous about it
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Munny_d)
    I know I'm bit late but...
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Hopefully will be seeing all you guys in September >_<!
    Thanks

I think I'll do one of the dates in March- SORRY ZOMBIEYOSHI ;-; I'll see you in September dude! In that case we should all meet up still, just for the sake of it? and @ Kaeguri; don't worry! I was exactly the same, but I got a conditional and I was so nervous about it
    Aww, that's a shame, but I guessed you probably would.

You better all make sure you get in! (and I will too D: )
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've just confirmed attendance of the March 7th open day. I can't get to the accommodation tour unfortunately as I have to take the train and I present to you all the difference in prices for peak and off-peak (and this is buying in advance):

Peak - £113
    Off-Peak - £22

And they are only single tickets... Unfortunately to be early enough for the accommodation tour I'd have to leave at a peak time so no thanks!

If anyone else is going on this date then please message me! I'll be on my own so would be nice to have some company when I'm up there.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Triggster)
    I've just confirmed attendance of the March 7th open day. I can't get to the accommodation tour unfortunately as I have to take the train and I present to you all the difference in prices for peak and off-peak (and this is buying in advance):

Peak - £113
    Off-Peak - £22

And they are only single tickets... Unfortunately to be early enough for the accommodation tour I'd have to leave at a peak time so no thanks!

If anyone else is going on this date then please message me! I'll be on my own so would be nice to have some company when I'm up there.
    Me and my friend are going on that day I think! We're going to meet up, we haven't planned it all out yet though XD

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: September 26, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.