The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by suffocation1992
Can anyone give me advice need to make a decision soon... Should I move out of my current house? The other five are staying but the area isn't nice, the house a terrible mould problem, no lounge area or sofa... shame really as they are nice enough people, but don't really see much of each other anyway!

:smile:

I won't give away where you live ofc, but I thought the area where you live is now fairly nice? Sure you can't find anywhere else in the sameish area? If it has a mould problem personally I would be creeped out. Are they all law students as well?
Reply 9721
What is TC?
Reply 9722
Such a flippin' lovely day outside. :h:
Original post by dbmag9

Loving the fact that I have to do revision on such a lovely day :frown:
http://slcspeaks.com/language-toolbox-for-a-kinder-world/
LGBT(and others) Glossary, pretty informative :h:

Original post by dbmag9

You people stole my sun. It's been hailing hardcore here these past few days :cry2:

Original post by JustMe2
What is TC?

Glitters, rainbows, magical faeries... :awesome:
Original post by anshul95
Loving the fact that I have to do revision on such a lovely day :frown:

Although I'm currently typing up my revision timetable for the Easter Holidays. First stop, numbers and functions
Asda RAGE

From now on online orders only
Reply 9727
Original post by crazylemon
Asda RAGE

From now on online orders only

Cue all the subsitutes.
Original post by Lacus
Cue all the subsitutes.

I know. But I have learnt from my flatmate that is you bitch to them about ****ty substitutions they give you money back/free delivery.

The best we have had is from tesco. 2kg maris piper potatoes. Substitution: 500g tinned new potatoes. Not even ****ing close.
I'm off out tonight! Not to a gay club which is upsetting but anyway, i plan to dance quite a lot!
Original post by anshul95
I won't give away where you live ofc, but I thought the area where you live is now fairly nice? Sure you can't find anywhere else in the sameish area? If it has a mould problem personally I would be creeped out. Are they all law students as well?

Hey! Nice seeing you again last week :smile:

No, it's a mix. Ummm parts of it are nice, I'm towards the rough end.. I think I might just want a change for final year, plus it's final year!! Yikes!!

x
I've missed the rare sunshine we get in this part of the UK - ended up waking at 3.30pm lol!!!
Original post by dbmag9

you've stolen our Sun :angry:

It's just really misty here.

work is brutal, there's a next sale and a new Hollister opened today round the corner aol it's really really busy :colonhash:
Original post by Unicron
Who is LC?

Spoiler

Reply 9734
I went for a run today around my neighbourhood instead of around the local park.

I came to two conclusions. (a) There are far too many hills around where I live and (b) The world would be a better place without hills.
Reply 9735
I missed the sun for most of today, because I had to work :frown: But I hear the feelings are mutual, so he's promised to come back tomorrow :h:

Original post by The Fez
http://slcspeaks.com/language-toolbox-for-a-kinder-world/
LGBT(and others) Glossary, pretty informative :h:

Oh, that's interesting. Particularly the gender-neutral pronouns. I have always wondered how transgender/gender queer etc. people feel about pronouns, and grammatical genders in other languages. It must be even harder in languages in which your gender affects the spelling/pronunciation of words. Even the 'genders' of masculine and feminine in especially the Romance and Celtic languages where most don't have a neuter case, so that you have this binary for every single noun.
It's not absent in English - I used the masculine pronoun for 'the sun' in my second sentence. But the gender-neutral pronoun 'it' feels too inanimate, so what else can I use? Shklee?
HOW Does our language shape the way we think? By Lera Boroditsky
This morning I decided for the next week to eat only vegetarian foods, see if it's too much of a hassle or too expensive, if not I might switch for good!

It's something I wanted to do for a while and most of the food I eat is veggie anyway... :smile:

Original post by crazylemon
Yes I know people like that too. Although I know more who complain MPs are not paid enough for them to want to do the job.
Oh and one of the people on my firm saying that a consultant being paid £120k was not much. ARGH

As for normal life bahahahahahaha my life will be a Mass of on calls, weeks of nights and generally operating in a way that 90% of the UK would think is crazy. Such is the joys of being a doctor.

Being a good MP is a really tough job and I don't think I'd like it much for many reasons, but the pay is not one of them. :wink:

I don't envy you at all!
Original post by saachi
Oh no. That's exactly what I felt like when I was going through the 'phase'. It wasn't a phase for me, but it's different for everyone, I suppose. I tried to make myself like a boy who liked me. I even thought it worked for a while, before I saw the girl I was in love with again, and everything fell apart. That's when I realized just how hard I had been trying to make myself straight.

It started off like that for me. After the one girl I was in love with for about a year, for me no boy ever came close to her. I never felt anything that intense for any boy, and then it got even more frightening when I started feeling those things for girls. And I've liked girls ever since. I have the *ocassional* crush on a boy sometimes, but that's rare and not really what I feel for girls, if you get me.

If the thought of getting intimate with your boyfriend sickens you even a bit, then it sounds like you're really not into him romantically. You might not be gay, it could just be that you're not into him particularly. Remember you're 'normal' (who in the world is ever completely normal!) even if you're gay, straight, bi, etc, there's nothing to feel ashamed about. People may treat you better when they think you're straight because, most likely, they just haven't had time to get used to the idea of you being gay. They might not actually be homophobic. My mum was like that in the beginning, but now she's totally cool with it and treats me as well as ever.

Basically just take your time. From what you wrote it sounds like this boy is a lot more like a best friend than a boyfriend, and breaking it off with him could hurt him- but better sooner than later. Don't push yourself into liking guys because that could end up hurting both you and the potential guy. It's a difficult time, yes, but you'll get through it :smile:

Original post by dbmag9
Hey gays, welcome new people.

Aww, sounds like a difficult situation. :hugs: From what you've written, it sounds to me like you like him as a friend but not more than that? Best I can advise is to try and figure out how you feel about him (ignoring how others feel about the two of you), and if you have to tell him you want to 'just' be friends I hope it goes well for the both of you. :smile:

Thanks for the replies :hugs:
I've decided to give it a little bit of time, he makes me happy and he knows the situation - well as much as I can tell him without him being upset. Just sucks because he's lovely!
Reply 9738
Reply 9739
Original post by The Puppet Master
Was going to post this as anon 'cause I'm not too sure how I feel about it.

I'm not exactly sure what I'm asking but basically I've been 'dating' a guy for a couple of months, everything's fine, he's lovely, I enjoy spending time with him etc. But I constantly feel like I'm battling with myself, trying to force myself to like him, all the while I know it's nothing compare to how I fall in love with a girl. It's horrible but I feel like I'm with him for all the wrong reasons. People are treating me better because I'm with a guy, I feel 'normal' and more confident. I like him, I really do and I love hanging out, watching movies but it's getting to the point where he wants it to get more serious and well, the thought makes me feel a little bit sick. D: What's wrong with me!?!!?

I really don't know what to do... I think the fact I got together with him right in the middle of my 'I may as well be gay' phase didn't help. Ugh. Why can't I just be straight? Or gay?

Anyway, weird 5am emotional speech over, I hope everyone is well xD

Ah, the joys of being bi. You have my sympathy if not actual advice.

Latest