The Student Room Group
Original post by Jace Falco
Short version: I got super drunk with some friends on St Patrick's day, then my friend Celia saw her friend Beth; we went back to Beth's to drink more, Beth and I ended up getting very friendly. Turned out we actually quite liked each other (rather than just the usual drunk thing of being attractive and horny) so I've started seeing her. Spent last night with her and some friends (movie night, not orgy) and today around Camden enjoying the weather and each other's company. Happyyy :h::h:

Hope all goes well :biggrin: ! Glad you have found someone :smile:
Quite - if you find something worth committing to, then great. If you look too hard for a serious relationship, you'll either scare people off or end up in something you resent.

I think I am going to adopt this view too. Thanks for that Jace and Daniel :smile:
Also, I am sunburned. Owie.

You have aftersun and a lady friend. I'm sure you've already done the math.

In pretty much the antithesis of Jace's news, I had a lovely long chat last night with three friends who share my thoughts on relationships (namely that the idea of a 'traditional' long-term relationship is horrifying, and living with someone seems like a quick route to insanity). Relieved is an understatement. I've long known myself to be a heartless commitmentphobe. I now know that it's possible to be fulfilled as a person despite that. Huzzah!
I"m not sure I'd cope with living with a partner either, I tend to take up a lot of space with all my books and general art related shizzle, and I'm not actually social. But then once I get attached to people I tend to be like 'OH HECK WHERE ARE YOU NOW?!" and freak slightly. O.o
Argh why do people have to be such a pain with housing? At least I only have to wait 2 weeks but it would have been nice to know before hand. I am not that crazy a medic anyway. Sigh.
Original post by Terpsikhore
You have aftersun and a lady friend. I'm sure you've already done the math.

Today has been worse. I have itchy arms and no female presence to improve matters.

Original post by crazylemon
Argh why do people have to be such a pain with housing?

At first, I read that as 'why do people have to be such a pain, yet arousing?'
Reply 9846
Mmm, Baileys. Am actually doing things tomorrow, how odd. :p:
Original post by twinlensreflex
I"m not sure I'd cope with living with a partner either, I tend to take up a lot of space with all my books and general art related shizzle, and I'm not actually social. But then once I get attached to people I tend to be like 'OH HECK WHERE ARE YOU NOW?!" and freak slightly. O.o

Ah, I'm the total opposite. I make plans and, if they don't directly affect someone, I see no reason why I should check with them or even inform them first. And on the other side of the coin, I don't want someone bugging me all the time with needless details. "Oh, I'm going to Ipswich next Sunday. Oh, I'm going to France for a weekend in July. Oh, I'm going to the cinema tomorrow night." If it doesn't involve me or interest me, for goodness' sake don't waste my time telling me!

If I want to spend time with someone I'll arrange to spend time with them. And then when we're done, I'll go back to the rest of my life and leave them to get on with theirs.

Original post by dbmag9
Mmm, Baileys.

:coma:
(edited 12 years ago)
ARGH. The delivery driver couldn't find my flat for over an hour and kept calling me for directions and now my food is tepid -__-

Still delicious though. Accompanied by a glass of Canadian Club whisky and ginger ale :h:
Original post by Revd. Mike
ARGH. The delivery driver couldn't find my flat for over an hour and kept calling me for directions and now my food is tepid -__-

Still delicious though. Accompanied by a glass of Canadian Club whisky and ginger ale :h:

I haven't seen the word tepid for such a long time, that made me smile. :smile:
Fun fact: I have a friend who misread the bible. Instead of hell containing pools of 'fetid water', she genuinely thought it was 'tepid water'.

When questioned on this, her explanation was "well, you know when you have a bath and it starts to go cold, it's not very nice'.
Reply 9851
iPlayer, you have the third episode of Just a Minute with moving pictures visible, but it doesn't play. Why you tease me so?! :frown:
Fun fact: I have a friend who misread the bible. Instead of hell containing pools of 'fetid water', she genuinely thought it was 'tepid water'.

When questioned on this, her explanation was "well, you know when you have a bath and it starts to go cold, it's not very nice'.

That's quite sweet really. :h:
Reply 9852

That is brilliant.

:rofl:
"Celebrating those happy moments when the penis is an internal organ."

That's all.
Reply 9855
War on Pterror: a global military, political, legal and ideological struggle against organizations designated as composed of terror-causing pterodactyls and regimes that were accused of having a connection to them or providing them with support or were perceived, or presented as posing a threat to the US and its allies in general.

"Celebrating those happy moments when the penis is an internal organ."

That's all.

Hah!
Opening night done :biggrin:
Original post by cpdavis
Opening night done :biggrin:

:woo: did it go well? how longs your run?

my show run starts tonight :erm:

No swears, honest.
Reply 9859
The 29th of March.

It's happened.

I'm... Old :cry2:

Latest