The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham Offers/Rejection Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
anyone else got single honours politics offers?
edit: wtf is wrong with people for negging my comment? I was stating a fact, and I didn't even expect to have an offer from durham- I was pleasantly surprised. This actually puts me off durham anyway if other potential applicants are just jealous and self-obsessed. Cya from durham, I'm going to another uni.
(edited 12 years ago)
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Izzy_h

I am applying for ir, same dept I think... Still no reply though. You got a politics offer then?
Original post by Izzy_h

Original post by simoncino
I am applying for ir, same dept I think... Still no reply though. You got a politics offer then?

i've got an IR offer if that helps, unconditional
I wonder why I was negged :s

Edit: I'm not being sarcastic... I really don't know why.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 164
Original post by Banoffeepie16
Ah nice choices :smile:
I have applied to Oxford, Durham, Bristol, UCL and Nottingham.
I have offers from Oxford, Bristol and Nottingham, and a recommendation for an offer from UCL- Durham's the only one I haven't heard from yet!

Good luck with Durham, and all your other Unis! :smile:
If I get an offer, Durham will probably be my insurance.

Durham is your insurance despite having the same condition AAA? :confused: Is there any point in doing that?

Congrats on the oxford offer btw, well done :biggrin:
Original post by Schlegel
Durham is your insurance despite having the same condition AAA? :confused: Is there any point in doing that?

Congrats on the oxford offer btw, well done :biggrin:

Durham wants AAB :smile:
I would never have my insurance as AAA- too risky!

and thank you :biggrin:
Reply 166
Original post by simoncino

Yes indeed :smile: good luck
Reply 167
Hey, is there a facebook group for Durham Freshers for 2012 yet?
I was thinking of making one, but I didn't want to if someone else already had.
Original post by TheCookieduck
Anyone had offers for Philosophy and Psychology yet? :smile:
Really hoping I get a place....

same here lol! :smile: when did u apply??
Original post by TheButcherBoii
same here lol! :smile: when did u apply??

Sent mine off in October, and they've been in touch since, but no offer yet :smile: What about you? I haven't heard of any other Psy&Phil applicants getting offers yet, but who knows....
Rejection, economics and politics, yesterday.
Reply 171
Offer for Criminology :smile:
Reply 172
Original post by wwkayaker
Offer for Criminology :smile:

Congratulations :smile: I applied for criminology as well but haven't heard anything back yet.
Do you mind telling me when did you send off the application? :confused:
Sent mine off in October, and they've been in touch since, but no offer yet :smile: What about you? I haven't heard of any other Psy&Phil applicants getting offers yet, but who knows....

Yea same here I applied late September lol! Have you heard of anyone getting even only Psychology offers? I didnt mind the waiting but now its getting kinda frustrating :biggrin:ha..!
What college you hoping to get into?
Reply 174
Original post by LawrenceL
Congratulations :smile: I applied for criminology as well but haven't heard anything back yet.
Do you mind telling me when did you send off the application? :confused:

Thank you!
My application got sent off on the 25th October :smile:
Good Luck with yours! :smile:
Original post by TheButcherBoii
Yea same here I applied late September lol! Have you heard of anyone getting even only Psychology offers? I didnt mind the waiting but now its getting kinda frustrating :biggrin:ha..!
What college you hoping to get into?

I applied to University College :smile: You?

A few have gotten offers according to this link:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Durham_2012_Applicants_Stalking_Page

I think both are just doing things very slowly, like picking out the ones they want definitely for single degrees and giving out those offers, then waiting till the January deadline to do the rest of the offers, including joint honours....??

It is really frustrating! Lol. I'm thinking if i haven't heard anything now, I'm not gonna here anything till after the January deadline so gotta just wait some more :rolleyes:
(edited 12 years ago)
I applied to University College :smile: You?

A few have gotten offers according to this link:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Durham_2012_Applicants_Stalking_Page

I think both are just doing things very slowly, like picking out the ones they want definitely for single degrees and giving out those offers, then waiting till the January deadline to do the rest of the offers, including joint honours....??

It is really frustrating! Lol. I'm thinking if i haven't heard anything now, I'm not gonna here anything till after the January deadline so gotta just wait some more :rolleyes:

I got my offer like 10minutes ago haha so that reminds me I should go and do some revision :biggrin: haha anyway, good luck to you, hopefully il see u there next year :smile:
Reply 177
Wow! I'm in complete shock!

Got offers from Cambridge and Durham on the same day!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 178
GCSEs: 3A*, 7A's, 1B
AS results: AAAC
Predicted A2: A* A A
Offer Date: 4th January
Course Title: Philosophy
Conditional: AAA
College: Waiting to hear back. Hopefully Hatfield
Firm/Insurance/Withdrawing offer?: Likely to firm, unless I decide on Kings.
Hey has anyone got Combined Honours in Arts offers yet.. Getting Nervous I have 4 A* , 3 A's a B and a C at Gcse but 5 A's at AS and am predicted 2A* and 2 A's at at A2. What do you reckon my chances are? (also applying St Andrews)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending