The Student Room Group

I've applied for Uni (October) but now an amazing amazing course has been created!!!!

Hey all...

So far I've applied for all the courses in my signature - but didn't really want to apply for a Certain one grr....now both Bath and York both of which i love have brought out amazing courses - there's no way i can apply now is there? Or should i wait until summer clearing - though that is very rare! Hmm what you all think?? Im also doing deferred entry so could apply next year - just would prefer to do it this year!

thanks,..

me xx
Reply 1
what are the courses in Bath and York? similar to the ones you've applied for already?
Reply 2
Yes...

Politics with International Studies more or less...but i prefer those unis by miles to the one i applied to and they allow study abroad which is what i really really want!
Reply 3
Do you have a link to the details for the Bath course? Because I'm hoping to switch to something else at Bath next year and it sounds interesting! :smile:
Just ask to change to that course now, for sept and if its similar you should be able to.

edit: to op
Reply 5
Yeah, I gathered that but the course is completely different to my current one and I'm just looking around for options at the moment. The reason I asked for the link is that I can't find a record of the course anywhere on the Bath website or on UCAS.
If it's only coming out new this year and no-one knew about it wouldn't there be loadsa places in clearing?
Reply 7
If you withdraw from the two choices you are least interested in, then you maybe able to apply to the others through clearing, as a last resort i there is no other way. Although of course there is no guarantee that you will get onto the course.

Have you tried phoning UCAS and explaining what happened, sometimes they are quite lenient with things like this.
theres also ucas extra which starts in march, i think, which is kinda like clearing!
York are fairly flexible. E-mail Karen Prescott in the Politics dept.

Latest

Trending

Trending