The Student Room Group

Pupils at Catholic School 'Bricked by Muslim Classmates'

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
FFS one incident like this does not mean "rivers of blood" and "an imploding society". :rolleyes:

Sad from my POV - I went to a RC school with loads of Muslims and it was an excellent environment. I don't just say because it was my school but I genuinely think it was one of the best schools in this country - provided the finest education and opportunities a young man could wish for. Terrible shame to read of things like this, but I'm not going to jump on any blame bandwagon.
Original post by Panda Bear
True, but not all Asians are Muslim. I don't see why the OP has automatically assumed the attackers are Muslim.

Haven't been to Bradford, have you?:wink:
Original post by Teknik

Original post by Teknik
Because it is reasonable to assume they are Muslim, I am using my experience common sense, in alignment with the religious demographic of asian society in britain.

Why are we kidding on we do not know they are Muslim ?

I went to a Catholic school. We were once attacked by an Asian gang that called themselves Tamil Tigers. They were Hindu, not Muslim. Your assumptions are stupid. Being aggressive and Asian does not automatically make you a Muslim.
New Labour's legacy.
Original post by KimKallstrom
Haven't been to Bradford, have you?:wink:

Admittedly, no. But I'm willing to bet my house that not every Asian in Bradford is Muslim.
This sort of thing used to happen at John Ruskin College every day.

Except it was the Asians attacking the black kids. They smashed up a 64 bus with bricks and poles once because there were loads of the black kids on it.

This isn't news. It would be news if it hadn't occured in Croydon in over a month.
Reply 46
I went to a Catholic school. We were once attacked by an Asian gang that called themselves Tamil Tigers. They were Hindu, not Muslim. Your assumptions are stupid. Being aggressive and Asian does not automatically make you a Muslim.

This is a school in BRADFORD
Admittedly, no. But I'm willing to bet my house that not every Asian in Bradford is Muslim.

Would you take a 99% likelihood?
This sort of thing used to happen at John Ruskin College every day.

Except it was the Asians attacking the black kids. They smashed up a 64 bus with bricks and poles once because there were loads of the black kids on it.

This isn't news. It would be news if it hadn't occured in Croydon in over a month.

are you serious? wow thats crazy i go croydon quite abit and have never seen such tension between blacks and asians...

Would you take a 99% likelihood?

Yes.
This is the kind of thing we're seeing all around us. African and Asian gangs raping English girls in back alleys. African gangs marauding London streets attacking anyone unfortunate enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Anytime a public figure has the balls to speak the truth, the media cries racism. For them, all news is good news. New Labour's legacy.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by B-Man.
Damn, I thought my high school was bad; they bricked school buses with staff around to witness it? :lolwut: What the hell sparked that? Any news on what their feud is over?

Weird you have decided the perpetrators were Muslim, even though the article didn't mention the religions of those involved. Considering OP's recent posting I guess it's unsurprising that his thread title does not contain the Telegraph's headline, but instead matches Stormfront's - no doubt, he frequents that forum regularly.

Hahahaha!!!!

Best post I've seen in a while.
Original post by TheEssence
are you serious? wow thats crazy i go croydon quite abit and have never seen such tension between blacks and asians...

Yeah go to John Ruskin College in Addington on any given day or to West Croydon on any given evening. It's really bad.

It's not just Muslims though, it's also Sri Lankans who are getting riled up.
The article itself made it pretty clear that we are dealing with a feud between two different ethnic groups (note, I never said race). It said that, 'conflict between two faiths at a Bradford catholic school must be stopped before it escalates into full-scale gang war, a councillor has warned' (note that it was an Asian, presumably Muslim councilor who said this, not me).

The chances are overwhelmingly high that the 'Asian youths' involved are in fact from Muslim backgrounds. I would bet my house on it. I repeat: it wasn't me saying that this was an ethnic conflict. It was the councilor cited in the article.

On a personal note, I went to a very heavily segregated school with a high number of Muslim immigrant students and this sort of occurrence wasn't something out of the ordinary.

such as that young people generally tend to form friendship groups with people whom they share similar cultures and faiths.

There you go. So it is important.

Just a question, why are you so disposed to believe that race, ethnicity or religion is never an important factor in human affairs?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Teknik
http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/local/localbrad/9261588.Call_for_calm_after_pupils__row_at_Heaton_school/?ref=mr

Conflict between two faiths at a Bradford catholic school must be stopped before it escalates into full-scale gang war, a councillor has warned.

Imdad Hussain (Lab, Heaton) said he feared unrest at St Bede’s Catholic Grammar School could “trigger unwanted scenes”.

He said: “That’s the last thing Bradford needs.”

Coun Hussain wants the troubles “nipped in the bud” that started on Monday with a stand-off between two rival groups of youths at the school in Emm Lane.

A spokesman for the Leeds Diocese, which runs the school, confirmed there had been “some friction” between groups of students in the school.

He said: “In any large institution there will be times when friction arises and the school management is working with all the bodies concerned to see that a proper understanding is arrived at about the different matters and that harmony is maintained.”

But Coun Hussain is now calling on the boys school to “talk out” the problems by organising a parent and pupils forum bringing the two faiths together.

He said: “Bradford stood proud during the recent riots and unrest across the country. Our young people did not come out and make trouble and we don’t want them to now.”

Police were called to St Bede’s at lunchtime on Monday after reports of a stand-off and later that day, as school buses left the site, the vehicles were set on by a group of Asian pupils.

Stones and half-bricks were thrown at the three buses and terrified pupils had to dodge the missiles which smashed windows causing up to £600 worth of damage.

Dear God, Teknik, do you have nothing better to do than post stories about the shortcomings of A VERY SMALL MINORITY in Muslim population. Jeez, seriously get a life and realise not all of us are like this.
Yeah go to John Ruskin College in Addington on any given day or to West Croydon on any given evening. It's really bad.

It's not just Muslims though, it's also Sri Lankans who are getting riled up.

probably because i don't actually live in croydon, but i've never seen that in my life
Reply 56
I fairness. 'Asian' in Bradford? It's a pretty safe bet they're Muslim.
Reply 57
Original post by the_alybot
Dear God, Teknik, do you have nothing better to do than post stories about the shortcomings of A VERY SMALL MINORITY in Muslim population. Jeez, seriously get a life and realise not all of us are like this.

A large gang of youths in a School enviroment isn't really the 'small minority' of extremists, it is a real issue. Just as if the same had happened the other way around I'm sure you'd think it news worthy. I mean, if a group of exclusivly white students attacked a bus full of Asian Muslims? Come on, I think we all know that would be something news worthy. So leave your personal prejudice against the OP aside and actually respond to the article in an intelligent manner.
Said it in one. Took the words right out of my mouth

Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
xxx

Where's you're sig from? Can you translate what it says for me please?
Original post by itsmyname
Said it in one. Took the words right out of my mouth

Where's you're sig from? Can you translate what it says for me please?

Top Left: "The ever vigilant Freedom Fighters of Bengal"

Top Right: "The struggle this time is for the independence: we have already shed some blood, we shall shed more blood in the future" (Sheikh Mujibur Rahman pictured, revolutionary and first president of the People's Republic of Bangladesh)

Bottom left: "Mothers and Daughters of Bengal are all Freedom Fighters"

Bottom Right: "Bengali Hindus, Bengali Christians, Bengali Bhuddists, Bengali Muslims - We are all Bangladeshis"
(Pictured: Silhouette of a Mosque, Temples and Church)

All in reference to the 1971 Bangladeshi War of Independence.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending