The Student Room Group

Imperial Postgraduate Applications 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Hey Akash,

I have applied for automobile at Aachen. I am not very confident though coz they lay a lot of emphasis on work-experience....

The Visa clauses are actually a concern.... Moreover, work permit issues in UK for overseas students are also something to think about..

I haven't accepted the offer as yet...

Animesh
Reply 241
More or less...
Reply 242
Hey,

I think you have some time for that coz most of us are still completing our graduation and we won't be able to provide our final degree results until the end of May...

Cheers... :smile:
Reply 243
Is anyone applying for msc pure maths?
Original post by tpsg
Is anyone applying for msc pure maths?

I applied for the Msc applied maths :smile:
Original post by vinc10

finally I can concentrate on studies! last semester at undergraduate level:tongue:

Congratulation !:clap2:
I have applied to the same course about 10 days ago and from what I understand after reading your few posts. I will have to wait for couple of weeks. Though, I am curious to know what is your background ? and also if you have applied to other universities ?

Thx
Original post by federvo.mala
You are from QMUL? I heard people got offers in Medical Engineering. I have applied for Aerospace instead.

Lol the e-world is indeed very small. Well we all know each other :biggrin:.
Reply 247
Conditional offer for MSc General Structural Engineering :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 248
Original post by flss
Conditional offer for MSc General Structural Engineering :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Hey May I know what is the conditional offer? Did they interview you ? And May I know a lil bit of ur background?
Reply 249
Original post by Aveath
Hey May I know what is the conditional offer? Did they interview you ? And May I know a lil bit of ur background?

Yep, the offer is to finish my BEng with First Class. Im from The University of Edinburgh - Structural and Fire Safety Engineering degree and no, they didnt interview me.
Reply 250

Original post by flss
Yep, the offer is to finish my BEng with First Class. Im from The University of Edinburgh - Structural and Fire Safety Engineering degree and no, they didnt interview me.

FIRST CLASS!!!!! Thats going to be tough. Good luck with that. Out of interest did you apply to UCL MSc in civil engineering. Btw didn't realise there was a BEng in Structural and fire safety engineering, thats pretty cool.
Reply 251
Sent my application for MSc Strategic marketing couple of days ago.. my referencees have been submitted too. how long does it take for them to get in touch? because if I am not getting an offer, I might apply to other unis as Imperial is my first choice..
Reply 252
Original post by Tripo
FIRST CLASS!!!!! Thats going to be tough. Good luck with that. Out of interest did you apply to UCL MSc in civil engineering. Btw didn't realise there was a BEng in Structural and fire safety engineering, thats pretty cool.

Well Im on track for a first, so I hope Ill mange to get it. Havent applied to UCL.
What offer did you get from Imperial if not a first?
Reply 253
Original post by LFCDRM
Just got an offer for Economic and Strategy for Business :smile: And my friend applying for the same program also had an offer today!

Dear LFCDRM,

Cogratulations on your offer. I have an interview with Imperial on the same course next week tuesday. Please do you know what areas to prepare for the interview?

Kind regards
Reply 254

Original post by flss
Well Im on track for a first, so I hope Ill mange to get it. Havent applied to UCL.
What offer did you get from Imperial if not a first?

no i didn't apply for that course in the end. But wouldn't it have been better to do MEng at Edinburgh? Edinburgh is just as prestigious as Imperial, theres next to no difference?
Reply 255
Original post by Evali
Sent my application for MSc Strategic marketing couple of days ago.. my referencees have been submitted too. how long does it take for them to get in touch? because if I am not getting an offer, I might apply to other unis as Imperial is my first choice..

I applied to Strategic Marketing on the last week of November and got my offer this week. It's been 9 weeks since I uploaded my full application, even though it says 4-6, or 6-8 weeks on their website. However, once you are at the interview stage you should know that they are serious about giving you an offer. Hope to see you in class :smile:
Reply 256

thank you :smile: I got asked why imperial, why this master, about the Euro Currency crisis - and if the euro would survive, and about corporate sustainability

A friend of mine had the same interview as well, but he got asked different questions about his background, about Steve Jobs's leadership style and about his motivations for going to Imperial..

Original post by SJO
Dear LFCDRM,

Cogratulations on your offer. I have an interview with Imperial on the same course next week tuesday. Please do you know what areas to prepare for the interview?

Kind regards
Reply 257
Is anyone applying for MSc Science communication/MSc Science Media Production?
Reply 258
Original post by Tripo
no i didn't apply for that course in the end. But wouldn't it have been better to do MEng at Edinburgh? Edinburgh is just as prestigious as Imperial, theres next to no difference?

Yes, you are right Edinburgh is very prestigious and I really enjoy my time here. However, Imperial College is world renowned for their civil/structural engineering, besides I thought that staying here for the full five years would be boring..
I sent in my application on the 27th of November( 10 weeks ago), do you guys think I should contact the department and ask them about it? They did say that decisions take about 6-8weeks from the time you apply...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending