The Student Room Group

Imperial Postgraduate Applications 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elbonian
Have you submitted yet?

Yes, about four weeks ago and everything was fine the first three weeks after I submitted but since last week the system is getting crazy :redface:
Since it will probably take at least another four weeks for the decision to come (according to the admissions website), I don't worry too much about it now; but it will be really annoying, if this doesn't stop until then... We'll see. :smile:
Reply 101
Anyone else done the interview for MSc Management?

I did it on Monday... was wonderin how long it takes to hear the decision from them...

As I know they are interviewing some applicants next week as well...........I want to hear from them before x'mas :frown:
=PollyAbroad;35364659]Yes, about four weeks ago and everything was fine the first three weeks after I submitted but since last week the system is getting crazy :redface:
Since it will probably take at least another four weeks for the decision to come (according to the admissions website), I don't worry too much about it now; but it will be really annoying, if this doesn't stop until then... We'll see. :smile:

Dang I feel like I've left this late, I could have submitted it this week but my parents want to discuss funding face to face first. By time I submit it next week, I reckon Imperial wouldn't look at my application until January due to the Christmas holidays. Hopefully there'll still be plenty of places on the course I'm applying for.

It's really annoying because I've had everything ready for a few days now, including personal statement, CV, referee details and a fully completed online form. But my parents insist we discuss the funding first. :angry:
Reply 103
Original post by scorpri3
Congrats! When did you submit your application?

And are interviews usually part of the selection process?

I think it's fully submitted on 2nd Dec and I was asked for an interview on the 8th.

Yes I beleive interviews are part of the selection process, at least for MSc Management and MSc Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Managemen. You need to have an interview with them before getting an offer.
Reply 104
Dang I feel like I've left this late, I could have submitted it this week but my parents want to discuss funding face to face first. By time I submit it next week, I reckon Imperial wouldn't look at my application until January due to the Christmas holidays. Hopefully there'll still be plenty of places on the course I'm applying for.

It's really annoying because I've had everything ready for a few days now, including personal statement, CV, referee details and a fully completed online form. But my parents insist we discuss the funding first. :angry:

I don't think it makes much difference applying now or in January as they should have lots of applications to due with before the christmas closure. Anyway I hope you can sort the issues out with your parents :smile:
Original post by vinc10
I don't think it makes much difference applying now or in January as they should have lots of applications to due with before the christmas closure. Anyway I hope you can sort the issues out with your parents :smile:

Thanks. The silly thing is, my parents have already said that I will get funding from them anyway, but.. they just want to discuss it with me first.. :cool: I just don't see their rationale!
Reply 106
Thanks. The silly thing is, my parents have already said that I will get funding from them anyway, but.. they just want to discuss it with me first.. :cool: I just don't see their rationale!

Why can't you just submit anyway before you talk to them? You'd hardly be the first person to submit an application without secured funding.
Original post by sj27
Why can't you just submit anyway before you talk to them? You'd hardly be the first person to submit an application without secured funding.

There are reasons I shouldn't be discussing on a student forum, put it that way. Not dodgy, just personal.
Reply 108
Hello everyone :smile:
Has any one of you got decision on application to MSc Advanced Computational Methods for Aeronautics? Does anyone has an idea of annual intake for this course at Imperial?

cheers
Abhishek
Original post by abhi
Has any one of you got decision on application to MSc Advanced Computational Methods for Aeronautics? Does anyone has an idea of annual intake for this course at Imperial?

cheers
Abhishek

I really dunno about the intake but I got admit 3 weeks back :biggrin:
You applied to the same course?
Original post by abhi

cheers
Abhishek

Hi, I am applying to the master too, I will send it next week. When did you send yours?

Thanks,
Fred
does anyone know how long imperial take to respond to applications? do they also have multiple stages within the acceptance procedure like Cambridge do?
Reply 112
Original post by federvo.mala
Hi, I am applying to the master too, I will send it next week. When did you send yours?

Thanks,
Fred

I sent mine more than a month back. Got the offer some days back... :smile:
Original post by abhi

Thats cool! What are your stats?
Reply 114
Hey guys. Does anybody know if I can change my 2nd choice course!? My application was fully submitted 3 weeks ago.

Edit - I sent them an email to ask..
(edited 12 years ago)
Got a financial math conditional offer last week.
Original post by abhi

That's cool man!

Hey,but I am not late right?
Reply 117
BLAAARRRGGHHHH Imperial is already giving out offers and I haven't even thought about my application there. I'm applying for Masters in Finance programme, so far only done 1 application.
Reply 118
Imperial replied..they said I can't change my 2nd choice course.

Gotta decide if I want to fork out another £50 to apply to Imperial Business School :/
Reply 119
Original post by Akkuz
Imperial replied..they said I can't change my 2nd choice course.

Gotta decide if I want to fork out another £50 to apply to Imperial Business School :/

That's bad. I think you should wait till you get a decision from your 1st choice then decide?

I got an English language waiver telephone interview (5-10mins) tomorrow. They specifically states that this is different from the Skype interview I had last week (which assesses my academic suitability). I don't know if I'll be able to get an offer.....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending