The Student Room Group

Imperial Postgraduate Applications 2012

Couldn't find a thread for this.

Anyone else applying? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Good idea. Should be applying to Risk management & Financial Engineering although not sure about my chances.

How about yourself?
Reply 2
Original post by enlim
Good idea. Should be applying to Risk management & Financial Engineering although not sure about my chances.

How about yourself?

Good luck!

MSc Transport with Business Management, for me.

Just popped onto the Imperial applications system - it's so shoddy compared to the KCL/UCL one! :afraid:
Reply 3
I'm going to apply for the MSc in Artificial Intelligence, but haven't prepared anything for the application yet. :redface:

Had to focus on two other applications and I think my chances of getting into Imperial are quite low... But I'll have a try :smile:
Hello,

I am considering of applying for MSc Applied Mathematics and MSc Computational Methods in Aeronautics.

Just wondering what's the best time for starting the application, any thought?
Reply 5
I want to apply for the MSc Computational Methods in Aeronautics as well. I'm from India & don't belong to Aerospace or Mechanical engineering branch.
Can anyone tell what is the best time to apply for this course ?
what are my chances of getting through considering that I do not have an aerospace background ?
Original post by Nikhil05
I want to apply for the MSc Computational Methods in Aeronautics as well. I'm from India & don't belong to Aerospace or Mechanical engineering branch.
Can anyone tell what is the best time to apply for this course ?
what are my chances of getting through considering that I do not have an aerospace background ?

Hi, I don't know what's the best time to apply either.

What did you graduate in? As far as I know, you don't have to come from this field, but not even too far from it. For example, if you studied maths or physics, I think you could apply provided you achieved high marks.

cheers
Reply 7
Original post by federvo.mala
Hi, I don't know what's the best time to apply either.

What did you graduate in? As far as I know, you don't have to come from this field, but not even too far from it. For example, if you studied maths or physics, I think you could apply provided you achieved high marks.

cheers

I am completing Bachelor of Technology in Electronics & Communications Engineering with current aggregate of 66%. Can you please tell about the quality of the MSc programme ?
I will apply for PhD in computer science.
Reply 9
So nobody really said anything about suitable dates ? What do you think is the best tiem to send the applciation off ?
Reply 10
Anybody interested in the MSc History of Science, Technology, and Medicine?
Reply 11
I might either go for just a PhD in straight Physics or a 1+3 in their organic electronics MPhil/PhD
Reply 12
so i called them the other day and they say applications for Postgraduate open Early/Mid November.. I though it would be earlier...
Reply 13
Currently writing my PS for imperial. They have no word/character limit according to their application notes. :afraid: I'll stick to 4,000 characters which is what KCL ask for (round about an A4 page).
Reply 14
Anyone applying for masters in the department of aeronautics ?
Original post by hamzak93
Anyone applying for masters in the department of aeronautics ?

Yes! MSC Computational methods in Aeronautics
Reply 16
Do u think there is a chance for a MSc. Finance as a Economist without a lot of experiences in the financial sector (only two internships)?
I would prefer LSE,Warwick and so on woth a MSc. Fin& Econ., however I think about a application at Imperial as well.
Quantitative degree and GRE with quant 800.
Reply 17
Original post by federvo.mala
Yes! MSC Computational methods in Aeronautics

Nice. I need your opinion. If i want to do practical engineering then is this course any good for me ? By practical engineering i mean i want to work in the industry rather than get a PHD and enter the academics.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 18
Does anyone know when the applications for 2012/13 open?

On the application form, the only selection available is "2011" :s-smilie:
Reply 19
Incase anyone is wondering, applications open mid November.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending