The Student Room Group

Texas bans last meal

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15034970

Just wow. Like every past past civilization no matter how barbaric allowed a last meal before the execution. Even the Aztecs cooked you up some cassava and peri peri chicken before cutting your heart out. Texas stoops to new levels of barbarism. What next? No last words?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think the barbarism is in the state execution, not the denial of a meal. "We're not amoral troglodytes, see, you can have a meal before we kill you".
Reply 2
I feel like Nando's all of a sudden
Well I agree with capital punishment first off, and think it should be reintroduced into the UK. But we're not talking about that.

I agree with the law in Texas, it wasn't a privilege given to the victim, it's unnecessary, waste of money, not beneficial in anyway, not going to stop the execution. Isn't Texas the fattest place in the world also?
The man in charge of the last meal probably got fed up of going to KFC.
As long as their last meal request isn't a fully loaded famas rifle, then I can't see how this is a problem.

However the real injustice here is the execution of the prisoners in principle.
Meh oh well why do you deserve a special meal if you have done a serious crime that deserves execution (not that I'm saying execution is the right thing to do).
Reply 7
Original post by UKDOG
I think the barbarism is in the state execution, not the denial of a meal. "We're not amoral troglodytes, see, you can have a meal before we kill you".

I wonder how you will view the death penalty if you have a daughter, mother, sister, girlfriend raped and murdered by someone.
Reply 8
Original post by original_username

Yeah well they should stop executing so many black people then shouldn't they?
Original post by pinda.college
That's racist, you're going to burn in hell whilst Satan sticks a big black dildo up your ass whilst smearing the skin of kentucky chicken over your face.

Why did you infer it to be racist?
Reply 10
That's racist, you're going to burn in hell whilst Satan sticks a big black dildo up your ass whilst smearing the skin of kentucky chicken over your face.

That sounds kinda fun :sexface:
Such stupid logic, one man orders a stupidly large amount of food and doesn't eat it so ban the last meal? Yeah or just restrict it to a reasonable demand, a starter/side a main course and a desert, seems like a reasonable meal for one person who is most likely bricking it anyway.

Brewer's last meal

Two chicken fried steaks
Triple-meat bacon cheeseburger
Fried okra
Pound of barbecue
Three fajitas
Meat lover's pizza
Pint of ice cream
Peanut butter fudge with crushed peanuts

This shouldn't be debate on the death penalty or even on the right to a last meal, its just a stupid reaction to a simple problem, if you can even call it a problem.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by original_username

I don't even understand why this got labelled racist I took it to mean people in texas are fat, is being from texas a race now
that or something to do with being south american, which is also not a race
(edited 12 years ago)
But seriously, everyone desrves a last meal (I mean if Jesus got one then surely that means everyone should).
Ah americans and their christian values ay. :wink:
Reply 15
Are you a girl, if so then:sexface: if you're a bloke then that's just nasty.

lol no comment.
Hopefully death penalty goes the way of the last meal
Reply 17
I just don't understand how prisoners would possibly have the ability to enjoy a last meal. :lolwut:

If I knew I was going to be killed then I really wouldn't be concerned about eating.
Reply 18
You're all right, damn Texas!

How dare they deny a costly and unnesescary meal to someone who has clearly comitted a crime worthy of the punishment of death?! Those monsters!
Reply 19
Doesn't that a genius to work out pragmatic meaning, if I said guess a black president most would assume it was Obama.

Eh? It would be racist to name the most famous black (mixed) president in the world when asked to name a black president?

Have I completely misunderstood your post?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending