The Student Room Group

How do you get an A/A* in GCSE Core & Additional Science?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
do well in the coursework!!!!!!!!!!
some people in my class got 50/50 in all the exam modules for core/additional by reading the cgp books but they got a low grade on the coursework and ended up with b's or a's. so imo, concentrate on the coursework part when it comes round to it, because as you can see, even 100% in the exams won't save your ass if you have a crappy c/w grade! gl mate :wink:
Reply 41
For Physics, it's about understanding
For Biology, it's just memorizing stuff
For Chemistry, it's a mixture of both.
I worked in 20 minute slots, since my mind just drifts if I go on for too long. Approximately 3 weeks before the exam, start doing past papers. Pretty self explanatory, it got me 3 a*'s in triple ^^
Reply 42
Original post by Saif95
Especially when you are on the accelerated course in sixth form? ..This means doing the core and additional course in one year (B1, P1 and C1 in January and B2, P2 and C2, in June)

At GCSE, especially the double award science, questions are so repettive- making revision easier. The three stages of revision will get you an A* if you carry them out effectively.
1. Understanding - When a teacher goes over something in class, make sure you understand it, ask questions if need be. Make sure nothing stumps you as this makes the next stage more difficult.
2. Learning - Make sure, now that you get it, you know it so this is when you get all creative - mind maps, posters, audio recordings on you phone etc. When you know you have mastered this stage is when you can explain what you've learnt to somone else
3. Practising - AT GCSE when you know your stuff, its pretty much regurgitating it onto past papers, but sometimes from what i can remember (especially for physics) you have to apply your knowledge.
Revision effectively is made up from the above, so just take it easy as being relaxed makes information more easy to absorb.
I need to start following my own advice before i fail my a-levels:redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending