Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in for personalised advice on applying to uni New here? Join for free to post

Ucas applications 2013

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    When does ucas open the applications for 2013?
    • 78 followers

ReputationRep:
    September 2012.
    • 45 followers

ReputationRep:
    unless you're applying for deferred entry, in which case you can apply now.
    • 84 followers

ReputationRep:
    I thought somebody had started the 2013 applicants thread :lol:
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    September 2012, unless you're applying for deferred entry in which case you can apply now.
    • 45 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    You laugh, but someone did on or just after results day, although I think it has died now.
    • 84 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    You laugh, but someone did on or just after results day, although I think it has died now.
    I thought making a couple of 2012 threads in university forums was pretty early but clearly other people judge that rather differently :lol:

I suppose there is no harm in them making one really :dontknow:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's 24th of September but it's still impossible to apply for 2013! ;o I planning to send my application to the University of Oxford, thus I have to apply as early as possible.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    What Zuzanna? The period to apply for Oxford is September 2012 to mid October 2012.

DO NOT apply now. It could ruin your chances.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Dangermouse)
    What Zuzanna? The period to apply for Oxford is September 2012 to mid October 2012.

DO NOT apply now. It could ruin your chances.
    Really? Our IB-coordinator in our school told us, just a couple of days ago, that if you want to apply to Oxford, Cambridge or any equivalent, should do it at least 1,5 year before the start of the course. Right now I'm starting to get a little bit confused.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What do you think about it? I really need some advice!
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zuzanna)
    What do you think about it? I really need some advice!
    I'm not sure how you could apply for 2013 in the first place (unless you're looking at a deferred entry) ? Do you have your IB grades already ?

PS : I too am applying to Oxford, except for 2012 entry.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know, that's a really good question, but I'm just quoting my IB-coordinator and guess she should know what she's talking about. But well according to what everybody else says, she must be wrong :P
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    That's exactly what I thought!
    • 45 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zuzanna)
    I know, that's a really good question, but I'm just quoting my IB-coordinator and guess she should know what she's talking about. But well according to what everybody else says, she must be wrong :P
    Are you sure she didn't say that you should start thinking and preparing to apply 1.5 years ahead, rather than actually putting in an application? You should be thinking about what you want to study and how you can show an interest in it (e.g. work experience, reading, summer schools etc.) but you don't need to apply until September next year. That is, unless you're applying for deferred entry but you would only be doing this if you're currently in your final year and are planning on taking a gap year.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 24, 2011
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.