The Student Room Group

Occupational Therapy in 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Kirsty5

Original post by Kirsty5
Also for the code thing for the whole finance what did everyone put? I put 02, so student finance but apparently its suppose to be 05? I've literally submitted my application, reckon it'll be a problem?

Hi, I did exactly same thing my teacher said it will be fine as they will not ccharge you for a free cource just because you put the wrong fee code in.
Reply 81
Ah okay, thankyou :smile:
Reply 82
Original post by Taize
Hi Katalina - thanks for the offer - i have several questions!

I'm currently looking to apply for the pre reg MSc and i'm looking at UEA, Southampton, Brunel etc. - are you doing the MSc?

For your interview/application, how much work experience did they like to see?

What sort of questions do they ask at the interview?

What do you find to be the most challenging parts of the course/ your placements?

Sorry no, i'm doing the BSc but i'll help as best I can!

I had two afternoons shadowing an OT in social services and then also volunteered one afternoon a week in a special needs school. I know people who had a lot more though, I know at a lot of unis they like to see you have at least something with an OT so they can be sure that this is the right course for you.

At my interviews they asked questions like how I would define OT if someone asked me, why I wanted to be on that course, what was it that attracted to me that university, discuss issues related to OT such as public health cuts etc (good idea to keep up with the news!), and why they should choose me above other candidates. Don't have solid answers, just practice with someone who asks you different questions.

So far I've found the anatomy side quite difficult and they expect you to do a lot of work in your own time, but I'm looking forward to starting placement as we've been told it's by far the best part of the course :biggrin:

Good luck with your interviews!
Reply 83
Original post by lgorman
Mine's in Jan but I've got an interview at Coventry on the 14th December, and well done for getting interiews from bournemouth and Cardiff, do you know what the UEA interview is like as I can not remember what they said on the open day about the interviews if they said anything.

I have no idea if I'm honest! So nervous!
Reply 84
Im applying for occupation therapy at Coventry, Canterbury Christ, Brunel, liverpool and Teeside. Still waiting for response tho....bit nervous
my daughter applied to Oxford Brookes, Canterbury Christ, Brunel, Derby and Cardiff around the 18th Nov but heard nothing yet, neither of us have any fingernails yet, should it take this long??
Original post by classrunner10
my daughter applied to Oxford Brookes, Canterbury Christ, Brunel, Derby and Cardiff around the 18th Nov but heard nothing yet, neither of us have any fingernails yet, should it take this long??

I sent off mine on the 23rd for Cardiff , Brooks etc.. Nothing yet either
Thanks for that, maybe they save them up in batches and then let people know, its just that some people seem to be getting replies pretty quickly.
Reply 88
Hi new here! I sent mine off on the 21st November and have an interview at YSJ but not heard a sausage from the other three :s. Does anyone think that we may hear after Christmas now? Seems to be taking ages!!
Reply 89
Original post by Caston
Anyone had an offers or interviews yet?? xx

I had an offer from Southampton yesterday but really want Bournemouth and still waiting after my interview....waiting is horrible!
Reply 90
Original post by josmith34
I was predicted AAB and I still got rejected from Liverpool! I only had one work placement, so I think that's why I was rejected. I was rejected from Southampton as well, and they were asking for AAB!

Hi Jo,

I had my interview at Bournemouth this Wednesday...I'm waiting to hear..have you heard anything yet?
Reply 91
Has anyone heard from Brookes? x
Reply 92
What were the interviews like at Bournemouth? What did you have to do etc? Also how did you find out you had an interview, was it a letter or through track?
Reply 93
Original post by L-2011
Has anyone heard from Brookes? x

Yeah they started to interview candidates in november
Reply 94
Original post by Caston
Yeah they started to interview candidates in november

Oh yes I went to an interview there - I was wondering whether anyone who has also had their interview has been contacted with the unis decision?
Reply 95
Original post by 05keenhannah
when are your UEA interviews? any idea what they are like? Mine is on 14 dec :biggrin:

When you confirmed the interview, did you have to send an email saying that you confirm to attend the interview on that day?
I've been asked to an interview and when I went to confirm it, it came up with a confirmation email I was supposed to send. However, my hotmail email didn't work on the thing that came up, so I sent the exact same email to the exact same address but now I'm worried it might not have worked or something!

If you had to do this, did you get any response back? If so, how long did it take?
Reply 96
Ohhh yeah btw I applied for UEA, Liverpool, Southampton, Plymouth, and Bournemouth on 2nd Dec.

I have relevant work experience in a Neuro-Rehabilitation Unit and a Behavioural Unit shadowing OTs as well as volunteering in the Neuro-Rehabilitation Unit, and also in a nursery. My AS grades were AABC and my predicted grades for A2 are AAB (because I dropped the C subject).

I got an email on the 8th from UEA inviting me to an interview on the 8th Feb.
I have a conditional offer from Plymouth (300 UCAS points, including a C in Psychology) which came through today (12th).

Edit: Got an unsuccessful from Liverpool on the 14th saying that "The information on your personal statement does not demonstrate the required knowledge of the profession."
Still waiting on Southampton and Bournemouth.

Starting to get a bit worried because this is a vocational course where as I'm more academic so my grades are a lot better than my personal statement :/ But it's something I really want to do :/
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 97
I've applied to Coventry, Liverpool, Northampton, Canterbury and Huddersfield and my application was sent on the 25th November :smile:

I have an interview for Coventry in two days :redface:
A conditional from Liverpool :biggrin:
And an unsucessful from Canterbury :frown:
Reply 98
Original post by Grund
Ohhh yeah btw I applied for UEA, Liverpool, Southampton, Plymouth, and Bournemouth on 2nd Dec.

I have relevant work experience in a Neuro-Rehabilitation Unit and a Behavioural Unit shadowing OTs as well as volunteering in the Neuro-Rehabilitation Unit, and also in a nursery. My AS grades were AABC and my predicted grades for A2 are AAB (because I dropped the C subject).

I got an email on the 8th inviting me to an interview on the 8th Feb.
I have a conditional offer from Plymouth (300 UCAS points, including a C in Psychology) which came through today.

congratulations on your conditional for plymouth! :smile: xx
Reply 99
Original post by Eamonn123
I've applied to Coventry, Liverpool, Northampton, Canterbury and Huddersfield and my application was sent on the 25th November :smile:

I have an interview for Coventry in two days :redface:
A conditional from Liverpool :biggrin:
And an unsucessful from Canterbury :frown:

congratulationns! :smile: and good luck for the intervieww. whats your most favoured uni choice? x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending