The Student Room Group

Occupational Therapy in 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by classrunner10
Thanks for that, she has been offered a conditional at Brunel, interview at Derby on Friday and of course, the one she wants, Oxford Brookes following week. I have heard Cantebury are waiting for the closing date. Still nothing from Cardiff, we are a bit surprised at this.

Hi, Are you sure your interview at Derby isn't on Thursday 5th January? I was also offered an interview there and was told that it was the only date they were holding interviews`
Reply 141
Hey, I have applied to Brunel, Oxford Brooks, London South Bank, Bournemouth and Salford. So far I got a conditional offer from Brunel, an interview with London South Bank which is next week! I also got rejected by Oxford Brooks :frown: anyone having interviews at London South Bank?
Reply 142
Original post by josmith34
They say ABB on their prospectus, ABB on one page of their website and AAB on another, and I e-mailed them asking and they said AAB! Was so disappointed! I've got an offer from UEA now though after my interview, interview is quite relaxed if I'm honest, two people interviewing you asking you why you want to do the course, what experience you have, why you, as a person, would be a good OT. And of course, stuff like why UEA, is it far from home? (Seven hours for me!) Also, you'll have a numeracy and literary test, but they don't look at it till you've been given an offer. It's just to see if you'd need extra help, it's ridiculously easy though so really is nothing to worry about!

Well then I need to make sure I keep my AAB up! Eurgh so much effort :frown: I still haven't heard anything from Southampton, apart from that they've received my application and will get back to me.
Any advice on the UEA interview? Mine's in about a month's time. My heart is absolutely set on UEA, so if I mess up the interview I'll actually be devastated :/ I need to do the best that I possibly can! And a numeracy test?! Oh god D: What kind of questions are on it? I'll need to revise for that because I suck at math something fierce... I can't even do percentages :/ And I haven't done anything maths related for about a year and a half now!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Grund
When you confirmed the interview, did you have to send an email saying that you confirm to attend the interview on that day?
I've been asked to an interview and when I went to confirm it, it came up with a confirmation email I was supposed to send. However, my hotmail email didn't work on the thing that came up, so I sent the exact same email to the exact same address but now I'm worried it might not have worked or something!

If you had to do this, did you get any response back? If so, how long did it take?

i didnt get a confirmation and i got my offer in december:smile: :smile: x
Reply 144
Original post by zoeclarex
Helloo,
I've applied to study Occupational Therapy in 2012 and I have applied for Sheffield Hallam, York St John, Huddersfield and Cumbria (Lancaster campus). I also applied for Liverpool but they declined me due to 'no evidence of recent academic study' somehow.. (even though I did my a-levels in 2010 and then went onto do a year of a foundation degree in teaching but decided it wasnt for me so reapplying to do OT!)

But yeah (: anyone else applying to any of these unis for OT? And does anyone know which universities do interviews or not? :biggrin: xx

Im applying tot OT too, ive only had an interview from coventry uni, ive also applied to sheffield hallam, liverpool, huddersfield and northampton. have u heard from any of ur universities yet? :smile: x
Daughter now offered interview at Oxford Brookes, anyone been to an interview there, any advice welcome. Bit worried though, Oxford Brookes rang to see if she was going as they sent her an e-mail 12/12 but she did not the e-mail! Has anyone heard from Brunel, Cardiff or Canterbury, daughter applied 18/11and we want me make sure that they have not e-mailed and we did not get them either.:smile:

I applied on the 11/11, and have a conditional offer from Brunel :smile: x
Reply 146
ive had an interview at coventry uni for O.T. but havent heard anything yet. Anyone in the same situation? Or got any offers? :smile:
Reply 147
Original post by Jadelyndsey

Original post by Jadelyndsey
I applied on the 11/11, and have a conditional offer from Brunel :smile: x

So have I, is Brunel your first choice?
Reply 148
Original post by Rubz12345
ive had an interview at coventry uni for O.T. but havent heard anything yet. Anyone in the same situation? Or got any offers? :smile:

I was thinking of emailing Cov to see when they would let us know about ....but i'm a bit scared lol:eek:
Reply 149
Original post by Grund
Well then I need to make sure I keep my AAB up! Eurgh so much effort :frown: I still haven't heard anything from Southampton, apart from that they've received my application and will get back to me.
Any advice on the UEA interview? Mine's in about a month's time. My heart is absolutely set on UEA, so if I mess up the interview I'll actually be devastated :/ I need to do the best that I possibly can! And a numeracy test?! Oh god D: What kind of questions are on it? I'll need to revise for that because I suck at math something fierce... I can't even do percentages :/ And I haven't done anything maths related for about a year and a half now!

The interview for UEA is alright in all honesty. It'll be you and two people in the room, and they'll both interview you at different points. Asking you different kinds of questions such as what does OT mean to you, why UEA, how do you cope with deadlines, and the like :smile:
No! Don't revise for the numeracy and literary tests, they are literally adding, taking away, dividing and multiplying :smile: I am most definitely not the brightest maths-y type person on the tree and I found them so easy! I think one of them was what's 270 divided by 9? And they don't even look at the results of them until after they've given you an offer :smile:
Reply 150
Original post by sarahp
I was thinking of emailing Cov to see when they would let us know about ....but i'm a bit scared lol:eek:

lol i rang them up today, but they said that there have been a lot of applicants this year so they are looking at them very carefully this time so it is taking a bit longer. :frown:
Reply 151
lol i rang them up today, but they said that there have been a lot of applicants this year so they are looking at them very carefully this time so it is taking a bit longer. :frown:

Great minds think alike..lol Oh God lots of applicants doesn't sound too good! did they give you any time scale?
Reply 152
Original post by sarahp
Great minds think alike..lol Oh God lots of applicants doesn't sound too good! did they give you any time scale?

haha yh :P and no it doesnt sound good at all, it's got me more worried now :frown: i asked about time but they weren't too sure. But when i went for my interview they did say that you should hear something by 10th Jan...so just waiting now ...
Reply 153
haha yh :P and no it doesnt sound good at all, it's got me more worried now :frown: i asked about time but they weren't too sure. But when i went for my interview they did say that you should hear something by 10th Jan...so just waiting now ...

They told me 2, maybe 3 wks and my interview was on 10 Dec!!

Oh well nothing we can do...fingers crossed and good luck hopefully have some good news next week :smile:
Reply 154
Original post by sarahp
They told me 2, maybe 3 wks and my interview was on 10 Dec!!

Oh well nothing we can do...fingers crossed and good luck hopefully have some good news next week :smile:

aww thank you, good luck to you too :smile: x
Original post by Caston
Hi, Are you sure your interview at Derby isn't on Thursday 5th January? I was also offered an interview there and was told that it was the only date they were holding interviews`

Defo Friday, just checked (minor heart attack as I am only reading this today (friday)).
Reply 156
What are group interviews like?? Better then one to ones? :s-smilie:
Oxford Brookes, Advice please.

Daughter has interview for OB next Wednesday, anyone been to an OB interview recently and got any tips. What sort of thing do they ask. Thankyou:smile:
Reply 158
Defo Friday, just checked (minor heart attack as I am only reading this today (friday)).

I'm so sorry!! How did your interview go? Did you like the uni?
Reply 159
Anyone heard back from liverpool? And if so how long did they take to respond? :smile:

Quick Reply