The Student Room Group

Can you sit all three STEP papers in the same year?

Yeah, basically that ^

Yes.
Reply 2
Not without difficulty, I and III are the same time as I recall.
Why do you want to?
The ST in STEP stands for 'Sixth Term'. You're meant to do them all at the end of your A Levels. They're university entrance exam papers - you only do them if they're in your offer. You've got to have made the grades by the end of August 2012, so you only really have one shot at them.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Slumpy
Why do you want to?

Not anymore, seemingly. In this past year, the three papers were on separate dates.
Reply 5
Original post by Slumpy

Original post by Slumpy
Why do you want to?

I'm in the process of picking unis to apply to and was trying to think of which unis I could possibly firm and insure if I got all my offers, and if I got both offers for Cambridge and Warwick, I was thinking I could just get the 1 or 2 in STEP I and still get into Warwick is all. All hypothetically speaking still :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Bakes0011
The ST in STEP stands for 'Sixth Term'. You're meant to do them all at the end of your A Levels. They're university entrance exam papers - you only do them if they're in your offer. You've got to have made the grades by the end of August 2012, so you only really have one shot at them.

hey, so is it the people who score the top marks that get in the universities? or is there is a boundary?
Reply 7
Original post by Farhan.Hanif93
Not anymore, seemingly. In this past year, the three papers were on separate dates.

D'oh. I guess having graduated uni no longer really leaves me in much of a position to talk about school exams!

Original post by Kay94
I'm in the process of picking unis to apply to and was trying to think of which unis I could possibly firm and insure if I got all my offers, and if I got both offers for Cambridge and Warwick, I was thinking I could just get the 1 or 2 in STEP I and still get into Warwick is all. All hypothetically speaking still :smile:

Oh yeah, they've cut the AEA option for warwick, haven't they?
Original post by cooldudeman
hey, so is it the people who score the top marks that get in the universities? or is there is a boundary?

There are boundaries - S, 1, 2, 3, U. The boundaries vary from year to year, but you only need to do four questions to get a 1 (out of six questions chosen from a fair few options).
Original post by Bakes0011
There are boundaries - S, 1, 2, 3, U. The boundaries vary from year to year, but you only need to do four questions to get a 1 (out of six questions chosen from a fair few options).

so are you saying that getting a 1, gets you into unis like Cambridge?
Original post by Slumpy

Oh yeah, they've cut the AEA option for warwick, haven't they?

Fortunately no
Reply 11
Original post by ben-smith
Fortunately no

Oh, ok.
In that case, I'd advise waiting till you get your offers OP, then doing II and III and AEA if you need to. You could do I also, but I believe it's harder(I must admit, this is conjecture, I only did STEP I and II, and no AEA).
Reply 12
Original post by Slumpy

Original post by Slumpy
Oh, ok.
In that case, I'd advise waiting till you get your offers OP, then doing II and III and AEA if you need to. You could do I also, but I believe it's harder(I must admit, this is conjecture, I only did STEP I and II, and no AEA).

Tbh, I was just going to take all of them, without neglecting my actual A Level papers - so that if I didn't do so well in one, perhaps another mark would save me. Even if I did absolutely no revision for it, it can't do me any bad by attempting them in hope that I get somewhere with them surely?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending