The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 1
Two of my flatmates study Law.

Cartmel has the same accommodation as Lonsdale, so under 2 years old with an ensuite, and modern furniture.

It has its own bar, and cafe/restaurant, but I have never seen either of these really busy.

But is a great college, with nice surroundings.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Yeah it was quiet when I saw it, you in Lonsdale arent you, thats the one with the smart bar, that was busy when I looked at it. Do you reckon Lonsdale is better then? Hard to judge when i went?
Reply 3
I prefer the bar in Lonsdale, but I'm biased.

My ffriend in Cartmel really likes it though. I applied for both initially, but was placed in Lonsdale. I would have been happy with either.
Reply 4
I'm in Cartmel and these are my thoughts, haha.

Upsides:

Forces you to walk.
Nice rooms.
En-suite bathrooms in every room.
Laundrette nearby.
Good views of the countryside (dependent on where your room is).
Good security.

Downsides:

It's miles away from lectures.
Frickin' loud fire doors.
The bar is rubbish and never busy, apart from when bar crawls come in.
Not much college spirit (personal opinion, that).

Hope that helped. :smile:
Reply 5
tinks*
Yeah it was quiet when I saw it, you in Lonsdale arent you, thats the one with the smart bar, that was busy when I looked at it. Do you reckon Lonsdale is better then? Hard to judge when i went?

I don't think there is a "best" college, it's all down to personal preference really. I'm in old Fylde where the accomodation dates back from roughly around the Roman times but it still kicks ass, I think just about everything is within 300 yards of my flat. I can see 2 bars and Spar from my flat :biggrin:

Is Cartmel the bar with the shot bar and that like seating area thing? I can never remember, it's usually one of the latter bars on the crawl... :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending