The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

When will heater start to work?

heater in lakeside has not start yet. but I heard people in New Building have already enjoy a summer night.

When will it start to work usually?
Reply 1
The New Build is like a sauna without the heating. I didn't have the heating on at all last year so I don't know what the hours are.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Kim-x
The New Build is like a sauna without the heating. I didn't have the heating on at all last year so I don't know what the hours are.

like a sauna without the heating?
Reply 3
I'm guessing they'll switch it on soon, could be the end of October I'm not 100% sure.
Gotta agree with Kim-x though, it is like a sauna! Last year the heating was on until the end of May which was just ridiculous.
Reply 4
Original post by kerwinlin
like a sauna without the heating?

Yeah, you don't need heating in New Build, just a fan. People turned the radiators off, opened the window and still found it too hot. Don't worry about buying a membership for the sauna at the sports centre, go and stand in the New Build and save money!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Kim-x
Yeah, you don't need heating in New Build, just a fan. People turned the radiators off, opened the window and still found it too hot. Don't worry about buying a membership for the sauna at the sports centre, go and stand in the New Build and save money!

Sorry, are heater and radiators different thing? I thought they were same, I have never used them before.
Reply 6
Original post by kerwinlin
Sorry, are heater and radiators different thing? I thought they were same, I have never used them before.

A radiator is a form of heating. You can also get portable heaters but they're not allowed in accommodation.
Reply 7
Original post by Kim-x
A radiator is a form of heating. You can also get portable heaters but they're not allowed in accommodation.

Thank u! I have heard that new building is too hot now:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest