The Student Room Group

Is the OCR ICT GCSE for 2011/12 a BTEC???

I'm started Year 10 in September, and have been informed that there is no exam and it's all coursework! Is it a BTEC? Have I lost 2 GCSE's??? The exam wasn't even that hard! Grrr Is this something OCR have done, or is it my school?

Also, science question - Why are two results never exactly the same?

And does anyone know how to use 'it's' and 'its' correctly?
Figured out the science on my own. WHY WILL NO ONE HELP ME :-(
Reply 2
Original post by Raza098
I'm started Year 10 in September, and have been informed that there is no exam and it's all coursework! Is it a BTEC? Have I lost 2 GCSE's??? The exam wasn't even that hard! Grrr Is this something OCR have done, or is it my school?

It's not a BTEC, nor is it a GCSE. OCR do offer a GCSE in ICT but it involves exams. It sounds as though you are studying an OCR Level 2 National In ICT, which has similar (if not lower) standing than a BTEC. I'm sure your school would never have described it as a GCSE, though it is a Level 2 qualification, which GCSEs also are.
Reply 3
Original post by Raza098

And does anyone know how to use 'it's' and 'its' correctly?

The only time you put an apostrophe in 'its' is when it's a contraction of it is.
e.g.
It's late.

There is no apostrophe in the possessive pronoun 'its' (in common with other possessive pronouns).
e.g.
The dog bit its tail.
(This always seems odd, as 'The dog bit Adam's tail' does have an apostrophe, but that's English for you.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending