The Student Room Group

Is A2 French easier than AS?

I got an A at AS French, with 86%, and I'm worried I won't get an A at A2. Would you say that A2 French is easier? I am on Edexcel. I take two other essay-based subjects, English lit and History, so I am strong at essay writing.

Thanks!
Reply 1
I would severely doubt it. :lolwut:

Isn't A2 supposed to be the step up from AS?

Where would you have heard such a thing from? If you can replicate the 86%+ in your A2 then you will get an A at A2. If you get an A at AS and an A at A2...... then you get an A for A Level.

:awesome:
Original post by lozvegas
I got an A at AS French, with 86%, and I'm worried I won't get an A at A2. Would you say that A2 French is easier? I am on Edexcel. I take two other essay-based subjects, English lit and History, so I am strong at essay writing.

Thanks!

No. The A2 involves more work.

A major disadvantage for Edexcel is that there is no listening or reading section to the exam, which at AS was very easy.

You will be assessed on translation (not too hard) and two essays.

However, the difficulty is not necessarily the essay questions themselves, but the utterly ridiculous word limits (270 words) in which you have to cram a literary analysis :s-smilie: Also, they are very picky with the mark schemes, giving like 30/45 marks for the research based essay on research and like 5 on language, so you could write perfect French and still come out with a C in that section.

It's all about sticking to their rules.

Also, the oral is slightly harder in that you choose a slightly more contentious topic to debate.

That said, with 86% you are still on track for an A or A* as long as you work hard.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending