The Student Room Group

Footballer or Footballer - This or That type

Scroll to see replies

Ramsey

E. Lavezzi or H. Kane
Original post by jamiepango
Different players as well. I'll go for Rakitic, as his role in the Barca team is undervalued in my opinion.

Ashley Cole or Patrice Evra

Na man. Rakitic and Kroos are both complete midfielders. Rakitic a bit more box to box/advanced than Kroos but Kroos played that role at Bayern.
Original post by jam277
Na man. Rakitic and Kroos are both complete midfielders. Rakitic a bit more box to box/advanced than Kroos but Kroos played that role at Bayern.

Yeah I guess I was judging using Real Madrid DLP version of Kroos. Who's the more complete midfielder is probably asking who would you rather have in a midfield two. That's probably a closer call. Which role do you think Kroos is suited to more?
Yeah I guess I was judging using Real Madrid DLP version of Kroos. Who's the more complete midfielder is probably asking who would you rather have in a midfield two. That's probably a closer call. Which role do you think Kroos is suited to more?

Kroos is probably best suited to a box to box role. He's got loads of stamina, but he doesn't have the defensive ability of say Alonso, I like Kroos further up the pitch because he's good at mid range shooting(e.g. games vs Arsenal at the Emirates). Although DLP Kroos, passing wise he's the best distributor of the ball at the moment. Comparable to prime Xavi in that regard personally in how effortless he makes it.

Although Xavi is still best CM of all time(for purposes of the draft)
Original post by jam277
Kroos is probably best suited to a box to box role. He's got loads of stamina, but he doesn't have the defensive ability of say Alonso, I like Kroos further up the pitch because he's good at mid range shooting(e.g. games vs Arsenal at the Emirates). Although DLP Kroos, passing wise he's the best distributor of the ball at the moment. Comparable to prime Xavi in that regard personally in how effortless he makes it.

Although Xavi is still best CM of all time(for purposes of the draft)

Kroos had Schweinsteiger next to him as well, I don't think you could have paired him up with a better DM. So it does depend on players and tactics. The lack of players that possess that level of passing means that in all probability Kroos will play as a DLP in the near future and probably for the rest of his career, because of the importance now in dictating play from the back which makes him invaluable when he plays there.
Kroos had Schweinsteiger next to him as well, I don't think you could have paired him up with a better DM. So it does depend on players and tactics. The lack of players that possess that level of passing means that in all probability Kroos will play as a DLP in the near future and probably for the rest of his career, because of the importance now in dictating play from the back which makes him invaluable when he plays there.

That's true, Kroos will most likely play there for the rest of his career(at least his time at Real). Martinez and Gustavo paired up with him/sat behind him at Bayern so it gave him that freedom. I highly doubt Real will buy a DM which is a shame. Pogba is the closest to a top quality DM that Real will buy and start and he's not even a proper DM.
Original post by jam277
That's true, Kroos will most likely play there for the rest of his career(at least his time at Real). Martinez and Gustavo paired up with him/sat behind him at Bayern so it gave him that freedom. I highly doubt Real will buy a DM which is a shame. Pogba is the closest to a top quality DM that Real will buy and start and he's not even a proper DM.

Didn't watch enough German football enough to comment, but Martinez and Gustavo seems like overkill. Personally wouldn't Kroos as the furthest forward in a 3 man midfield but maybe that's just me. Real just buys the the star player and then hopes/tells the manager to fit them in, so I wouldn't try to guess who they want based on where they're short. Verratti probably seems like best option as DM.
Didn't watch enough German football enough to comment, but Martinez and Gustavo seems like overkill. Personally wouldn't Kroos as the furthest forward in a 3 man midfield but maybe that's just me. Real just buys the the star player and then hopes/tells the manager to fit them in, so I wouldn't try to guess who they want based on where they're short. Verratti probably seems like best option as DM.

Oh sorry I also mean Schweinsteigger. As in Kroos initially was in the hole and Martinez/Gustavo + Schweinsteigger played there. Sometimes they played Martinez+Gustavo(e.g. CL semi final) but that's only when they were trying to conserve energy by defending/resting players.

When Schweinsteigger was out they usually just played Kroos as the CM and played Muller ahead of him. Under Guardiola he played deeper usually but he did play further forward some times.
Original post by Stefano93
Ramsey

E. Lavezzi or H. Kane

Kane

Ronaldinho or Kaka

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Kane

Ronaldinho or Kaka

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ronaldinho.

Xavi or Pirlo
Pirlo

Wilshere or Vidal
Original post by wazza98
Pirlo

Wilshere or Vidal

Vidal by a country mile.

Kagawa or Barkley?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LucentDoughnut98
Vidal by a country mile.

Kagawa or Barkley?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kagawa.

Icardi or Dybala?
Original post by Samiz
Kagawa.

Icardi or Dybala?

Hard to choose fairly given they are two very different types of forward, but for sheer ability to stick it in the back of the net (and a dollop of bias for good measure!), Icardi.

Ivanovic or Zabaleta?
As of the current season Ivanovic, beforehand Zabaleta.

Mario Gomez(at Bayern) or Ruud Van Nistelrooy at his peak?
RVP definitely for me. I love a good, old-fashioned fox in the box.

Witsel or Nainggolan?
Original post by Mackay
RVP definitely for me. I love a good, old-fashioned fox in the box.

Witsel or Nainggolan?

Nainggolan

Farfan or Blascykowski?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kuba.

Fekir or Firmino?
Firmino. I'd love to make him part of Liverpool this summer, actually.

DDG or Courtois?
Courtois

Januzaj or Ibe?

Quick Reply

Latest