The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

3.6/4.0, enough for MSc at Oxford!?!

deleted
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Sure, if you have the equivalent of a 2.i then it's all fine and dandy.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
That sounds high, so you should be fine. Oxford will have more experience in considering applicants from UK universities (where they'll find it easier to translate between the degree classifications awarded by different institutions) and in your case, they're likely to place a little more emphasis on the outcome of your interview, the quality of your references and the standard of any work that you submit. They are very thorough in considering applications and always treat applicants fairly, regardless of background (academic or otherwise). Competition for places at Oxford is always high but if you love your subject and you're willing to put in the work, it can be a wonderful place to study, so good luck!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by mattasker
Hi guys...I need some advice/insights,

I'm doing my last semester at one of the top universities in Thailand (I'm Thai), and I'm looking to apply to GGD (Global Governance and Diplomacy) at Oxford. Problem is, I 'm holding a GPA of 3.6+ at the moment, but with predicted first class honor.

Got higher then that. Got an interview with Oxford. But I got only that far really.
Reply 4
hmm reading above comments, i reckon i'll have to take a shot! thanks guys! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending