The Student Room Group

Driving 'qualifications'

Poll

What driving qualification do you hold

following on from the 'tips and tricks' thread I thought it would be interesting to see exactly who , what and where we are all at in terms of 'qualifications' , especially in the light of the divide between the ADIs, the advanced drivers and the racers ..
Reply 1
Where's the "I have a bike licence and a ninja" option?
3 Full Driving License, does that count for anything extra? :biggrin:

Also have a National B Racing License though its been years since I last got onto a track.
To those who have completed pass plus, did you guys find it beneficial? Also, did it make much difference to your insurance cost?
Reply 4
What difference does pass plus make?

When I was learning to drive, I had lessons in all the conditions you need for pass plus (except motorway driving, which I had a separate lesson in after my test), and so didn't see the point in pass plus...
Original post by twelve
What difference does pass plus make?

When I was learning to drive, I had lessons in all the conditions you need for pass plus (except motorway driving, which I had a separate lesson in after my test), and so didn't see the point in pass plus...

Cost wise- it doesnt make that much difference to your insurance. Quite a few companie dont accept it and when they do, theres often not much diffeence in price, certainly not enoughto cover the cost of doing pass plus in the first place anyway. I suppose its good to get practise on different roads/conditions etc and to build your confidence up, but thats about it. But i was like you in that i drove on most different kinds of roads/conditions (except motorways of course) in lessons anyway so there was no point.
Reply 6
IAM car since 2005. Want to do RoADA on the bike next.

Really Old And Doddery Ancients :wink:
Original post by whattheheck
To those who have completed pass plus, did you guys find it beneficial? Also, did it make much difference to your insurance cost?

No insurance companies I asked would take it. But it is good if you want experience on motorways before going out on them on your own.
Reply 8
I demand the "I have a bike license, a ninja and am doing enhanced rider training" option to be added to this poll.
IAM and rospa gold on a bike.

considering acu bike next season

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending