The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Emmy18
I asked them why and they said 'It's a really competitive subject and sometimes we just have to go on gut reaction'. That's obviously not the real reason, but I cannot be bothered to fight them!Is neone else a bit miffed they picked so many top uni's and didn't jus apply middle of the range.....i know i am lol.

I know you will probably just say, oh you got into Bristol, you are just saying this but:

No, you are obviously one of the top students, and you would probably feel you have not fulfilled your potential if you went to one of the middle ground universities. I know I took a risk in applying to the unis I did, but I wasnt prepared to accept much less.

Whats a year in your life in order to get a highly reputable degree?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 21
you are good student
hey, i just got rejected for law at ucl.. i am sooooooo down about it, its not even funny! Its not that i think im good or anything, cause i know im not really anything special, but its the whole "being rejected" thats the mega let down. I dont care about the other unis i put down except ucl and kings.. and god knows what im going to do if i dont get into kings!! ARGH! *sorry*
I told my parents as soon as i found out and they were disappointed cause they want their daughter to do to a good uni so that they can go around saying that their daughter is clever etc.. (typical old fashioned ideas bloody hell)!
Whats really funny is that ive always wanted to study history (a modern history and politics course) but chances of being employed with such a degree are very slight (esp if i decide to go bk and live in cy), so im stuck with law, which i know i wont cope with cause intellectually im not even remotely a bright spark.. not even a flicker! God im not even making sense. Ok im off now before i talk complete bullpoo!
Good luck to everyone with your applications xxx
Reply 23
Never mind. you can always take a gap year. I'll probably be in the same position. Thats if you do not want to go to City or QM
Reply 24
Emmy18
Rejections!Who needs them eh?I was predicted AAAB and was rejected without an interview. How lame. Someone said 'it's because you applied Oxbridge', someone else 'it's because you live in london yet wanted to live on campus'. Has anyone really got a clue why cos was hoping to appeal? Do they ever get spare places from people failing to meet their grades?

Meh, I was predicted 5 As and UCL still rejected me. However I can kinda understand it, my GCSEs aren't great and I messed up my A levels the first time. Without interviews, it's all about what's on paper. Just very glad Oxford interview!
Reply 25
Why what did you get in your LNAT and GCSE and A levels If you don't mind me asking. When di you hear about your rejection. Do you know anyone who got an offer, what sort of time wasit?????? thanks
alexandra010588
hey, i just got rejected for law at ucl.. i am sooooooo down about it, its not even funny! Its not that i think im good or anything, cause i know im not really anything special, but its the whole "being rejected" thats the mega let down. I dont care about the other unis i put down except ucl and kings.. and god knows what im going to do if i dont get into kings!! ARGH! *sorry*
I told my parents as soon as i found out and they were disappointed cause they want their daughter to do to a good uni so that they can go around saying that their daughter is clever etc.. (typical old fashioned ideas bloody hell)!
Whats really funny is that ive always wanted to study history (a modern history and politics course) but chances of being employed with such a degree are very slight (esp if i decide to go bk and live in cy), so im stuck with law, which i know i wont cope with cause intellectually im not even remotely a bright spark.. not even a flicker! God im not even making sense. Ok im off now before i talk complete bullpoo!
Good luck to everyone with your applications xxx

sorry to hear that.... but you have been put on the LSE shortlist and that's a good uni!.... :smile:

may I ask if you had an interview before hearing of your rejection?..
Reply 27
you will be fine
Reply 28
anybody else been rejected?
No i didnt have an interview. I dont want to go QMUL or City - no offense to anyone, but i just dont want to go there.. argh im confused.. we'll see what lse and kings have to say and if they dont want me then.. actually i dont want to think about that right now!

--------------

manny
anybody else been rejected?

Im sure if people are rejected, theyd a) either have posted or b) dont want to. The title of the thread is rejections so if ppl are rejected they'd come and post here. No need to be so excited about finding out about more rejections!
Wow! alexandra010588, you must be the first fellow cypriot that ive seen here on TSR! What a surprise! Im not actually cypriot myself but i live here, its just so strange to see ppl from 'back home' on TSR...

Sorry to hear about your rejection from UCL. I'll probably stir the hatred of everyone on this thread coz i have an UCL offer and I'm unsure whether i want to go there! (both course-wise and because they didnt make too great an impression). But i'd definitely try to appeal in your, or anyone's case, you have nothing to lose and i know what it's like not getting into your uni of choice. Frustrating, to say the least.

Good luck with LSE and Kings, LSE should also be great if you got in...
Reply 31
FarEastGerman what course did you apply to if you do not mind me asking?
FarEastGerman
Wow! alexandra010588, you must be the first fellow cypriot that ive seen here on TSR! What a surprise! Im not actually cypriot myself but i live here, its just so strange to see ppl from 'back home' on TSR...

Sorry to hear about your rejection from UCL. I'll probably stir the hatred of everyone on this thread coz i have an UCL offer and I'm unsure whether i want to go there! (both course-wise and because they didnt make too great an impression). But i'd definitely try to appeal in your, or anyone's case, you have nothing to lose and i know what it's like not getting into your uni of choice. Frustrating, to say the least.

Good luck with LSE and Kings, LSE should also be great if you got in...

hehe, my mums english and my dads cyp so im a sort of half half!! Congrats!! :biggrin: Dont worry, i dont feel bitter about you getting an offer :wink: Out of ucl and kings, i prefer kings so im seriously depending on kings giving me an offer :redface: Good luck with your other options my fellow patriot hehee xxx
Reply 33
Drogue
Meh, I was predicted 5 As and UCL still rejected me. However I can kinda understand it, my GCSEs aren't great and I messed up my A levels the first time. Without interviews, it's all about what's on paper. Just very glad Oxford interview!

If you messed up you A Levels the first time then what did you do to sort them out?

I think I've done the same my AS results were dissapointing and I'm worried that that's going to effect my overall result.
no problem manny: I've applied for European Social and Political Studies with a major in French...Got interviewed in December and now i need A's in French, History and something else.

Im just unsure whether to go because i've applied for PPE at all my other universities, its a difficult choice between slightly different courses...and 3 great universities most probably (UCl as well as York and Warwick)...ill probably end up tossing a coin...
Reply 35
well good luck in your decision.
Emmy18
Rejections!Who needs them eh?I was predicted AAAB and was rejected without an interview.

Ouch.
jellybones
If you messed up you A Levels the first time then what did you do to sort them out?

I think I've done the same my AS results were dissapointing and I'm worried that that's going to effect my overall result.

if you messed up your Alvls then you'll have to retake them and reapply next year.

my as lvls weren't great either ABBC, but i'm predicted AAB, and got into UCL.

just write on your PS (a bit late) that you'll be doing retakes. in your interviews say that you were disappointed and that you'll be doin retakes.

other than that, you shouldn't have applyed into TOP unis if your AS lvls were rubbish.
Reply 38
OMG!WHY WOULD U COME INTO A 'REJECTIONS' FORUM AND SAY U HAD AN OFFER!WHY!ACTUAL PAIN IN MY CHEST!but no seriously, good on ya mate!To be fair I had an Oxford interview too, it's not actually a salvation to most of us lol. Ah well. Gap Year it is. Or hairdressing. hairdressing is cool......could always join a band.....form my own cult....WE HAVE OPTIONS PPL!
Reply 39
LNAT results should be coming out by the end of january

Latest

Trending

Trending