Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Boobies moves, well, just up the road - EY Degree @ Lancaster

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello There. Just to warn you, I'm terrible at blogging, and remembering to post, and making it interesting, so do not get your hopes up that this will go well.

Some background information. I'm going to Lancaster University to study the Ernst and Young degree (Accounting, Auditing, and Finance) and am in Furness college At the moment I live in Blackburn, which is about 40 minutes drive from Lancaster.

So. the countdown phone I have on my phone tells me that there are

Six days left

before I move to Lancaster.

At the moment, I'm feeling.. well, actually, I'm feeling a little dozed and have no idea how I feel about going. Some of you might have seen via a different thread, but I was involved in quite a bad motorway accident a week ago, and I'm on very strong painkillers, which at the moment seem to be killing all my senses.

They pose another problem, too, because I can't drink on them. I was hoping to ease myself off them before freshers, but last night I forgot to take them on time, and by the time i remembered, the damage was done. I ended up curled in a ball in a pitch black room with no noise trying to get rid of my terrible headache/neckache etc. So, it's looking like i'll still be taking them during freshers, which is a bit disappointing.

Today I've been packing up and labelling boxes, there are so many boxes! :eek: I'm really not sure how I'm going to fit all this stuff in my room. I'll take pictures tomorow, maybe.

Well, I don't want to turn this into too much of a wall of text, so I'll share everything else I have to mindlessly bleat on about over the coming days..

:awesome:
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good luck Boobies, hope you are ok and keep being ok x
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck boobies!
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! Hopefully should see you around Furness
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good luck boobies. I live in Blackburn too :P
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boobies.)
    Hello There. Just to warn you, I'm terrible at blogging, and remembering to post, and making it interesting, so do not get your hopes up that this will go well.

[SIZE="1"]Some background information. I'm going to Lancaster University to study the Ernst and Young degree (Accounting, Auditing, and Finance) and am in Furness college At the moment I live in Blackburn, which is about 40 minutes drive from Lancaster.
    [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][SIZE="7"]Six days left[/SIZE][/COLOR]

At the moment, I'm feeling.. well, actually, I'm feeling a little dozed and have no idea how I feel about going. Some of you might have seen via a different thread, but I was involved in quite a bad motorway accident a week ago, and I'm on very strong painkillers, which at the moment seem to be killing all my senses.

They pose another problem, too, because I can't drink on them. I was hoping to ease myself off them before freshers, but last night I forgot to take them on time, and by the time i remembered, the damage was done. I ended up curled in a ball in a pitch black room with no noise trying to get rid of my terrible headache/neckache etc. So, it's looking like i'll still be taking them during freshers, which is a bit disappointing.

Today I've been packing up and labelling boxes, there are so many boxes! :eek: I'm really not sure how I'm going to fit all this stuff in my room. I'll take pictures tomorow, maybe.

Well, I don't want to turn this into too much of a wall of text, so I'll share everything else I have to mindlessly bleat on about over the coming days..

Make this on blogger and wordpress.com for a bigger blogging audience
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morris743)
    Good luck Boobies, hope you are ok and keep being ok x
    (Original post by Slumpy)
    Best of luck boobies!
    (Original post by DellaLouise)
    Good luck! Hopefully should see you around Furness
    (Original post by amazin_sk8a_dude)
    Good luck boobies. I live in Blackburn too :P
    Thank you for all your support!

(Original post by blueray)
    Make this on blogger and wordpress.com for a bigger blogging audience
    Thanks for your advice, but it's only really something I'm doing for the sake of it, I'm not that bothered about a bigger audience - I think the actual writing itself is the thing I wanted to do I wouldn't blame people for not reading nonsense about my life haha.
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    Okay - another update. Still six days left.

After Tea (or what most of England calls 'Dinner' - my evening meal, lets say) I decided to do more packing - but this time, packing some of my actual stuff - not just the things i'd bought specifically for university.

Well, it was quite surreal. I've never 'moved' before, at least not that I can remember - The only time we've moved houses as a family was when I was three years old, and I can't remember that very much. I found the process extremely weird, I'm having a bit of trouble getting my head around it. It's like I'm packing up my entire life and moving it somewhere else, and all I've got to show for my old life are the possessions i'm putting in big brown boxes. Which sounds normal, but it feels very sad. Maybe I'm just being completely daft, haha.

I'm not really a 'home bird' type. From being really young, I've always been fine going off on trips and holidays without my parents. I've also lived a lot at my grandparents house, and I'm quite independant, which is why i feel really strange now, because I feel really reluctant to just pack everything up and leave.
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and on a totally unrelated note - I have never, ever had spots. (Okay, maybe a slight exaggeration, but it's very very rare for me to get them, always has been) And on Monday - two days after the accident - I woke up, and my entire face had exploded with them. We're talking like thirty spots on my face. It looked absolutely awful then, I couldn't even cover them with make up. They're on my neck, arms and chest as well, and there's a couple on my legs and stomach. On Friday I had a doctors appointment, so at the end I mentioned this and she said it will be the shock, gave me some antibiotic gel for them, and they seem to have calmed down a little - I can cover them up now with makeup, and having my fringe down helps, but just... How unlucky can a person be for this to happen two weeks before university starts?!
    • 72 followers

ReputationRep:

Some background information. I'm going to Lancaster University to study the Ernst and Young degree (Accounting, Auditing, and Finance) and am in Furness college At the moment I live in Blackburn, which is about 40 minutes drive from Lancaster.

Six days left

why do you like attentionseeking on this website so much? most of the time on the homepage i see your name appear as a recent forum post
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for all your support!

Thanks for your advice, but it's only really something I'm doing for the sake of it, I'm not that bothered about a bigger audience - I think the actual writing itself is the thing I wanted to do I wouldn't blame people for not reading nonsense about my life haha.
    Yeah I know but the layout is so much nicer etc and who knows you might learn to love it
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    why do you like attentionseeking on this website so much? most of the time on the homepage i see your name appear as a recent forum post
    What's attention-seeking about that? Or this thread?

It's the holidays, I haven't got much to do :dontknow: Other people started fresher's blogs, I thought it might be a good idea to do one myself.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Okay - another update. Still six days left.

After Tea (or what most of England calls 'Dinner' - my evening meal, lets say) I decided to do more packing - but this time, packing some of my actual stuff - not just the things i'd bought specifically for university.

Well, it was quite surreal. I've never 'moved' before, at least not that I can remember - The only time we've moved houses as a family was when I was three years old, and I can't remember that very much. I found the process extremely weird, I'm having a bit of trouble getting my head around it. It's like I'm packing up my entire life and moving it somewhere else, and all I've got to show for my old life are the possessions i'm putting in big brown boxes. Which sounds normal, but it feels very sad. Maybe I'm just being completely daft, haha.

I'm not really a 'home bird' type. From being really young, I've always been fine going off on trips and holidays without my parents. I've also lived a lot at my grandparents house, and I'm quite independant, which is why i feel really strange now, because I feel really reluctant to just pack everything up and leave.
    i call it tea as well (:

i totally agree with everything you have said because i am feeling exactly the same and funnily enough have been doing the same thing as you for the last 4 hours.

you aren't on your own and i think that is an important thing to remember. anyway, if you get homesick you can always crash my cartmel flat to watch really sad girly films so we have an excuse to have a good cry!
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bringmesunshine)
    i call it tea as well (:

i totally agree with everything you have said because i am feeling exactly the same and funnily enough have been doing the same thing as you for the last 4 hours.

you aren't on your own and i think that is an important thing to remember. anyway, if you get homesick you can always crash my cartmel flat to watch really sad girly films so we have an excuse to have a good cry!
    Wow, I don't know very many people at all outside Blackburn who call it tea!
    Haha sounds awesome Thanks a lot
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I don't know very many people at all outside Blackburn who call it tea!
    Haha sounds awesome Thanks a lot
    loads of people in brum do! breakfast, dinner and tea?

how have you been getting on with your packing? i am worried i have too much stuff
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    loads of people in brum do! breakfast, dinner and tea?

how have you been getting on with your packing? i am worried i have too much stuff
    Ah! I have breakfast, dinner and tea! I should have known that, I have quite a lot of family in Birmingham that I've stayed with quite a bit.. I guess I just never picked up on it.

Yeah, packing is going well, and exactly the same. I have loads and loads of boxes. Luckily though, I think we have underbed storage, so I'm going to try and fit most of my kitchen stuff and anything else in there

Also, I have looaads of food, I'm worried I'm going to look quite ridiculous (especially as I've put on quite a bit of weight over summer.. I don't want people thinking I went mad and bought a huge amount for the first week ) All my family have been buying me bits and bats, and by the time my auntie got round to it there wasn't much left on the list, so she's found a cardboard box and piled it with food - jelly, stock cubes, soup, ravioli, ham, tuna, salmon, steak chunks.. the list goes on, it's massive, this box! I definitely won't have to spend a lot on food in the first month, but I'm just scared that everyone's going to think I'm a proper weirdo haha
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Ah! I have breakfast, dinner and tea! I should have known that, I have quite a lot of family in Birmingham that I've stayed with quite a bit.. I guess I just never picked up on it.

Yeah, packing is going well, and exactly the same. I have loads and loads of boxes. Luckily though, I think we have underbed storage, so I'm going to try and fit most of my kitchen stuff and anything else in there

Also, I have looaads of food, I'm worried I'm going to look quite ridiculous (especially as I've put on quite a bit of weight over summer.. I don't want people thinking I went mad and bought a huge amount for the first week ) All my family have been buying me bits and bats, and by the time my auntie got round to it there wasn't much left on the list, so she's found a cardboard box and piled it with food - jelly, stock cubes, soup, ravioli, ham, tuna, salmon, steak chunks.. the list goes on, it's massive, this box! I definitely won't have to spend a lot on food in the first month, but I'm just scared that everyone's going to think I'm a proper weirdo haha
    i didn't realise people called different meals different things until i met my boyfriend's family who all come from essex!

yeah there is underbed storage but you have to lift the mattress up and then lift up like a wooden board and then you have access to it so it is a bit of a pain for stuff you are going to use regularly.

i think the food is a fab idea! my mum said i can't take anything with me as we don't have enough room in the car but they might take me to sainsburys when we get there and have unpacked. i am allowed to bring any alcohol from the house that i want though, in all fairness it's mostly all mine anyway!
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    i didn't realise people called different meals different things until i met my boyfriend's family who all come from essex!

yeah there is underbed storage but you have to lift the mattress up and then lift up like a wooden board and then you have access to it so it is a bit of a pain for stuff you are going to use regularly.

i think the food is a fab idea! my mum said i can't take anything with me as we don't have enough room in the car but they might take me to sainsburys when we get there and have unpacked. i am allowed to bring any alcohol from the house that i want though, in all fairness it's mostly all mine anyway!
    I have underbed storage at the moment and that's fairly easy to get stuff out of, so i assumed the ones at Lancaster would be the same :/ With mine there's a strap at the foot of the bed, you just pull that and it's spring loaded or something so it just bounces up straight away.. I thought it would be like that! :lol:

Sounds good As we only live half an hour away, my mum's going to bring me up with half my stuff in the morning, I'll check in and me and my mum will start to unpack, then my dad and brother are going to drive up and meet us with the rest of the stuff I don't think my dad'll enjoy hanging around whilst I register and get my room key and everything haha.

That's a point actually, do you have any idea what we do/where we go when we get there? I haven't had any emails about it or anything, so i've no idea at all haha!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I have underbed storage at the moment and that's fairly easy to get stuff out of, so i assumed the ones at Lancaster would be the same :/ With mine there's a strap at the foot of the bed, you just pull that and it's spring loaded or something so it just bounces up straight away.. I thought it would be like that! :lol:

Sounds good As we only live half an hour away, my mum's going to bring me up with half my stuff in the morning, I'll check in and me and my mum will start to unpack, then my dad and brother are going to drive up and meet us with the rest of the stuff I don't think my dad'll enjoy hanging around whilst I register and get my room key and everything haha.

That's a point actually, do you have any idea what we do/where we go when we get there? I haven't had any emails about it or anything, so i've no idea at all haha!
    it is actually really difficult to get to easily unless you are super strong!

that is such a good idea, unfortuntately i don't have that option sounds like such a good plan though.

i think we just go to the porters lodge or somewhere by there, i imagine there will be millions of people hanging around showing us where to go so i wouldn't worry about the logistics of all that sort of thing (:
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    it is actually really difficult to get to easily unless you are super strong!

that is such a good idea, unfortuntately i don't have that option sounds like such a good plan though.

i think we just go to the porters lodge or somewhere by there, i imagine there will be millions of people hanging around showing us where to go so i wouldn't worry about the logistics of all that sort of thing (:
    Oh dear, I'm not very strong!

Ahh yeah, that sounds reasonable. I had a mini panic there when I started to think about it, I hadn't considered it before Yeah, porter's lodge sounds a good plan. All my friends at different unis have already found out by post/email etc what room/building they're in, and when my parents found out they started papping that I've missed an email about it or something.

Do you move in Saturday or Sunday?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 25, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.