The Student Room Group

How's your fresher's week going?

(And if you answer this thread at this hour, it probably means it's not going too well! :biggrin:)

Is it going well? Or is it disappointing? I want reports from all over the country! :biggrin:

Brighton/Sussex fresher's week seems to be a poor effort this year. Just seems to be flogging overpriced tickets to the local nightclubs.
well i didnt go out as i had no money....not really a fresher am in 2nd yr,going out would have been good but all prices have gone up for last and this week....even have to pay to get in the bars....no chance.....
Reply 2
Original post by noobynoo
(And if you answer this thread at this hour, it probably means it's not going too well! :biggrin:)

Is it going well? Or is it disappointing? I want reports from all over the country! :biggrin:

Brighton/Sussex fresher's week seems to be a poor effort this year. Just seems to be flogging overpriced tickets to the local nightclubs.

it's alright (surrey uni). i hate the hype surrounding freshers week, as if its supposed to be the 'best week of your life' - its been far from that for me at the moment. maybe i'm just being pessimistic, but i'm not the most out-going of people anyway. i'm trying my absolute hardest, and i had a good(ish) night monday, but i just feel that a lot of these people i talk to during freshers won't bother with me after that. don't feel like i'm offering much. worst thing is i don't have my id or freshers tickets so i either have to cue for HOURS, or not go clubbing at all. so aside from the pre-drinking i'm pretty screwed for nights out...

i currently live in a flat with ALL international students except one guy. i get along with pretty much everyone, they're all extremely nice people. but i just dont feel as if i fit in with any of them as real solid friends. the only guy i get along with is white, but he feels the exact same about his flatmates (feels they're nice but not much in common); so much so that he's moving elsewhere when/if his transfer comes through.

sorry for the essay but it just feels like i'm ruining my opportunities to make any friends just because of some damn fresher tickets and an unusual accomodation placement. i've only met a couple of acquaintances on my course, but i guess its still early days.

i just hoped i would enjoy this more... that's all. am i expecting too much? a bad case of the "freshers blues" perhaps.
Original post by j0nnn
it's alright (surrey uni). i hate the hype surrounding freshers week, as if its supposed to be the 'best week of your life' - its been far from that for me at the moment. maybe i'm just being pessimistic, but i'm not the most out-going of people anyway. i'm trying my absolute hardest, and i had a good(ish) night monday, but i just feel that a lot of these people i talk to during freshers won't bother with me after that. don't feel like i'm offering much. worst thing is i don't have my id or freshers tickets so i either have to cue for HOURS, or not go clubbing at all. so aside from the pre-drinking i'm pretty screwed for nights out...

i currently live in a flat with ALL international students except one guy. i get along with pretty much everyone, they're all extremely nice people. but i just dont feel as if i fit in with any of them as real solid friends. the only guy i get along with is white, but he feels the exact same about his flatmates (feels they're nice but not much in common); so much so that he's moving elsewhere when/if his transfer comes through.

sorry for the essay but it just feels like i'm ruining my opportunities to make any friends just because of some damn fresher tickets and an unusual accomodation placement. i've only met a couple of acquaintances on my course, but i guess its still early days.

i just hoped i would enjoy this more... that's all. am i expecting too much? a bad case of the "freshers blues" perhaps.

least u talk to urs, am 27 so dnt thin age helps, but mine are all foreign on my floor, they stay to themselves, yet can hear house parties 2 floors ablove or below us....annoying really
It's been alright so far, I'm not the biggest person for going out but ive been forcing myself to go to the events and have had a fairly good time so far.
mine hasn't started yet, by this time next week i'll be able to tell you
Reply 6
does anyone go out at the weekend on freshers week or do they avoid it because it's expensive and full of locals?

Quick Reply

Latest