The Student Room Group

The most evil female Briton ever?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hipster

Don't be stupid.
Original post by Cynthi007
What??? Ever heard of Ulster plantation?

So in ternms of monarchy, it is definetely Elizabeth I and I would also nominate Anne Boleyn, her mother.

Erm.....why?

Also, Elizabeth I's foreign policy acts in regards to Ulster were pretty standard for the day when dealing with mass uprisings.

Burning countless people at the stake for their religion is far worse.
Reply 42
Original post by KimKallstrom
Erm.....why?

Also, Elizabeth I's foreign policy acts in regards to Ulster were pretty standard for the day when dealing with mass uprisings.

Burning countless people at the stake for their religion is far worse.

the Catholics in Ireland were banned and stripped off their lands, money and rights during these plantations. they were banned in unfertile areas.

Her father started plundering convents, she burned them.

Anne Boleyn:

knew that Catherine of Aragon was banned to a rotten castle to die there all alone. she did not care and flattered fat Henry until he married her and broke up with the Pope for this woman. she knew it and she supported him strongly.
the Catholics in Ireland were banned and stripped off their lands, money and rights during these plantations. they were banned in unfertile areas.

Her father started plundering convents, she burned them.

Anne Boleyn:

knew that Catherine of Aragon was banned to a rotten castle to die there all alone. she did not care and flattered fat Henry until he married her and broke up with the Pope for this woman. she knew it and she supported him strongly.

Again, common for the time. What she did wasn't even the worst thing that a European leader was doing at the time.

Oh, so someone who didn't really care that her husband's ex was sent to a castle to live out the rest of her days while she was becoming queen? This is worse than Mary burning countless at the stake for literally no reason other than their religion?

Or being a serial killer? Madness.
Reply 44
Original post by KimKallstrom
Again, common for the time. What she did wasn't even the worst thing that a European leader was doing at the time.

Oh, so someone who didn't really care that her husband's ex was sent to a castle to live out the rest of her days while she was becoming queen? This is worse than Mary burning countless at the stake for literally no reason other than their religion?

Or being a serial killer? Madness.

I think it is hard to develop a hierarchy or evil.

Hard to judge cruelty in religion. they did loads of evil things under the guise of God.
Reply 45
Original post by Zhane Kelly
Must be either Queen Mary or Elizabeth the 1st. During their reign, hundreds of thousands of people were burned or killed because of their religious beliefs. Elizabeth had two of her lovers executed when she found that they were dating other women. She also ordered the execution of the 1st cousin because was supposed to be the next hier after Queen Mary.

You really need to brush up on your history!
Reply 46

Anne Boleyn:

Hardly deserves the title of "most evil female Briton ever"!

I'd actually say Jane Seymour was worse - Knowing that her predecessor was to be executed on trumped up charges of adultery, while Jane picked out her wedding clothes! But honestly, I can't blame either of them - Women had to make their way in a world ruled by powerful men. Both played their game and played it well. The difference between them is that Anne actually made a difference in Henry's religious policy, pushing for reformation and a break from a corrupt and superstitious Church.

Funny how many Catherine of Aragon supporters lay the blame solely at Anne's door when the bad treatment came from Henry himself. He was actually planning to re-marry before Anne even came into the equation - Wolsey wanted a French marriage.
Dolores Umbridge.
Reply 48
Original post by fliegendehollander
Dolores Umbridge.

How on earth did you ever stumble on such an old thread? xD
Reply 49
Karen Matthews

Karen-Matthews_466240a.jpg
Boredom.
Original post by dnumberwang
Someone is going to say Thatcher. Unfortunate, but it's bound to happen

I don't really see how it's unfortunate that the fact she was an elitist cow is widly acknowledged.
Reply 52
Original post by Otkem
Barbara Castle.

Don't know much about her; but have heard something. Mind telling me why?
Samantha Brick... shattering all the women in world's ego . Nor did she leave the men alone - they were all heavily reprimanded by their wives for looking at her, salivating.
Original post by dulciemae
I don't really see how it's unfortunate that the fact she was an elitist cow is widly acknowledged.

I'm not a conservative voter, nor a fan of Thatcher... but you must live a very sheltered life if you think she is the most evil Briton in history. Have you seen some of the serial killers we've had?

Heck, our previous Monarchies trump Thatcher when you consider they have been directly involved in killing an incalculable number of people, starting wars, pillaging lands, destroying cultures.

Thatcher is a puppy compared to the likes of Elizabeth the first or Myra Hindley!
Original post by Fantaisie
3. Myra Hindly.
2. Rose West.
1. Bellatrix Lestrange.

Original post by J'adoreMaCachette
Myra Hindley?

Original post by ch0llima
Myra Hindley or Rose West. If I had to decide who was worse, I'd definitely choose Rose.

Original post by Panda Bear
Myra Hindley came to mind first. Followed by Margret Thatcher for some reason.

Original post by ChannieAlana
Mary Ann Cotton
Beverley Gail Allitt

and Myra Hindley obviously.

Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Choosing between Myra Hindley and Rose West is like deciding between which is worse, rabies or smallpox?

However, they both had underlying mental conditions and other influences, and both are old news, therefore I make them joint second and my nomination is Tracey Connolly.

Just been reading about Myra and Rose on Wikipedia and was interesting to find out that both women suffered some form of abuse (psychological/violence & sexual/violence respectively) when they were young.
Reply 56
Original post by Welsh_insomniac
I'm not a conservative voter, nor a fan of Thatcher... but you must live a very sheltered life if you think she is the most evil Briton in history. Have you seen some of the serial killers we've had?

Heck, our previous Monarchies trump Thatcher when you consider they have been directly involved in killing an incalculable number of people, starting wars, pillaging lands, destroying cultures.

Thatcher is a puppy compared to the likes of Elizabeth the first or Myra Hindley!

Exactly. Saying Thatcher is the most evil person in Briton is like saying a kitten can kill a dog; it might, but low probability it could.
Reply 57
Original post by Tommyjw
How on earth did you ever stumble on such an old thread? xD

I got a warning for bumping a 3 week old thread, and this thread, no warnings. Ah, TSR :rolleyes:
Anne Robinson.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending