The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Economics Q&A Thread

Scroll to see replies

I have applied for L112 Economics and Industrial Organisation and was curious as to how many places there are usually given for this course?
Many thanks :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 981
Would you consider somebody predicted A* in economics, A in maths and a B in biology?
Reply 982
Original post by University of Warwick
We cannot view your UMS unless you provide the information.

In regards to entry, would you consider somebody predicted A* in economics, A in maths and a B in biology? Or would that not even bothered looked at?
I haven't heard a single thing from Warwick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 984
Original post by EHZ17

Posted from TSR Mobile

me too...just a welcome email and then...nothing...
Original post by Vlsqbb
me too...just a welcome email and then...nothing...

Oh I did get an email about their sports facilities :P
Hi,
So I have been wanting to do Economics alongside Finance and a bit ofAccounting.
Do you think that the Economics and Industrial organisation is the course for me?
And can I only involve these three subjects in my personal statement?
Thankyou :smile:
How long do warwick usually take to get back to applicants? I've heard from all four of my other universities but nothing's from warwick yet!!
Are there open days for offer holders, and if so, when will we hear about them?
Original post by jchap9776
I have applied for L112 Economics and Industrial Organisation and was curious as to how many places there are usually given for this course?
Many thanks :smile:

The BSc Economics and Industrial Organisation is quite a small course. Each year we have between 20-30 students on the programme.
Original post by Aso816
1500 offers for all economics related subject? Or just economics course on its own

This is for all three of our Economics degrees (Economics, Economics and Industrial Organisation; Economics, Politics and International Studies).
Original post by S_i_d
Would you consider somebody predicted A* in economics, A in maths and a B in biology?

Our typical offer is A*AA and we look at all applications on an individual basis.
Original post by EHZ17

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello there. Our Economics degree programmes our extremely popular and we consider each applicant on an individual basis. So, it may take a while before you hear from the University. Do be patient though as we will consider your application carefully and you should not be concerned if you do not receive a decision within a short time of applying.
Original post by maple321
Hi,
So I have been wanting to do Economics alongside Finance and a bit ofAccounting.
Do you think that the Economics and Industrial organisation is the course for me?
And can I only involve these three subjects in my personal statement?
Thankyou :smile:

Hello maple321. Our BSc Economics and Industrial Organisation is a more specialized course than the BSc Economics; it is designed for students with a particular interest in business and industry. In your first year you will take a core module in the Foundations of Finance and the programme includes a range of option modules offered by Warwick Business School which would include subjects such as Finance and Accounting. You can find a more detailed overview of the programme on our website here.

Your personal statement should focus on the subjects for which you are applying.
Original post by Honor-Angels
How long do warwick usually take to get back to applicants? I've heard from all four of my other universities but nothing's from warwick yet!!

Hello. Due to the popularity of our Economics courses, it can sometimes take longer to receive a decision. We receive over 3000 applications and we consider each applicant on an individual basis; you should not be concerned if you do not receive a decision within a short time of applying.

Good luck with your application and we hope you receive a decision shortly.
Original post by username42
Are there open days for offer holders, and if so, when will we hear about them?

Hi there. We hold three Offer Holder Open Days throughout the early part of 2015 and all Economics offer holders will be invited to these via email. If you have not received an invitation already, you will be receiving one very shortly.
Reply 996
Is January the main period when majority of offers are given out (or is it from jan onwards too, ie feb etc)? Or is there some hope of hearing in December? I applied back in October and haven't heard anything despite many people I know who sent their applications off only last month have heard back quickly
Hi, I have received an offer from bsc economics a week ago.
I was just wondering how likely are you to get in if u missed the offer slightly.
Original post by Econ95
Is January the main period when majority of offers are given out (or is it from jan onwards too, ie feb etc)? Or is there some hope of hearing in December? I applied back in October and haven't heard anything despite many people I know who sent their applications off only last month have heard back quickly

Hi Econ95. This varies from year to year and it is difficult to say when the majority of offers will be made. As mentioned previously on this thread, we consider each applicant on an individual basis. We get a lot of applications and so there can inevitably be delays at peak times. So, it may take a while before you hear from us but do be patient as we will consider your application carefully and you should not be concerned if you do not receive a decision within a short time of applying.
Original post by maple321
Hi, I have received an offer from bsc economics a week ago.
I was just wondering how likely are you to get in if u missed the offer slightly.

Hi maple321. Firstly, congratulations on receiving an offer to study Economics at Warwick. With regards to your query, it is very difficult to say at this stage what would happen if you were to miss your offer as our Economics courses are extremely popular; this is something which would be considered by the Admissions Team during the results period. At this stage, it is best to concentrate on your academic study so that you are able to achieve the best you can in your exams.

Quick Reply

Latest