The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Economics Q&A Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1040
What kind of grades do you guys have who are still waiting?
I hope we hear soon
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by User25
What kind of grades do you guys have who are still waiting?
I hope we hear soon

Hi, I applied for Warwick Economics back in November and I'm still waiting. :frown: I got AAAAA in my Scottish Highers. Hopefully we'll hear soon!

What did you get?
Reply 1042
Original post by andrew157
Hi, I applied for Warwick Economics back in November and I'm still waiting. :frown: I got AAAAA in my Scottish Highers. Hopefully we'll hear soon!

What did you get?

4 As at AS Level, predicted 3A*s for A level
Applied mid-October

Some people are geting into Cambridge/Oxford/LSE but not Warwick, but at the same time people with not as good grades have received offers.. not sure what to expect
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by User25
4 As at AS Level, predicted 3A*s for A level
Applied mid-October

Some people are geting into Cambridge/Oxford/LSE but not Warwick, but at the same time people with not as good grades have received offers.. not sure what to expect

Every single person I know/ have seen on forums, that has got into LSE has also got into Warwick

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrBowcat
Every single person I know/ have seen on forums, that has got into LSE has also got into Warwick

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied in november, got lse and ucl for pure economics but still waiting for warwick!!
Reply 1045
Original post by chiara97
I applied in november, got lse and ucl for pure economics but still waiting for warwick!!

Are you thinking of firming or insuring Warwick?
Original post by User25
Are you thinking of firming or insuring Warwick?

Firming LSE and insuring warwick if i get an offer!! :smile:

Don't worry you'll get it soon!! I applied in October and got offers from all 3 of those Unis, so there's no reason for you to worry.
(edited 9 years ago)
Don't worry you'll get soon!! I applied in October and got offers from all 3 of those Unis, so there's no reason for you to worry.

hahahaha i guess lse is your firm! what's your insurance?
Firming LSE and insuring warwick if i get an offer!! :smile:

Aren't they the same entry requirements A*AA?
You're not worried by that?
hahahaha i guess lse is your firm! what's your insurance?

Warwick! haha
As someone who didn't get into LSE, Warwick is pretty much my next choice and this wait is absolutely killing me, because I applied Mid-November and it's been over 3 months now. I really want to go to Warwick because they are very reputable for their course as well. However, I don't see how all 4 of other unis can reply within 6 weeks and Warwick can't. There must be something odd about their admissions system, because they've been rolling out offers for almost a month now and yet I have heard nothing at all. Not even an E-mail on the progress of my application. Just those useless leaflets that really don't seem to make it any more bearable to wait for an offer.
Warwick! haha

hahahaha hope we both go to LSE!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lab1
Hi Warwick.
can you please tell me the date you expect to complete your decisions for Economics Bsc. It is over 4 months now since I applied. I will need to make decisions on accommodation shortly at my other choices which will force me into having to firm up my choices. Loved Warwick & hanging out for an offer but this is crazy. Please can we have feedback!

I completely agree with you as I also got straight As last year and I've checked with so many people to make sure that my ps is fine. And I applied in October and still haven't heard back from them, it's just so so disappointing, I really don't see the reason why it takes soo long. even an update letter can make me happy now, but there's nothjng....oh except for the leaflets and newsletters about the city and the uni, I really wanna ask what's the point of promoting how good the uni is without giving us the offer?
Original post by H0PEL3SS
At least this time they didn't include the "we know you'd rather have an offer" line :rolleyes:

I got those as well..I believe every applicant does which I find it the most annoying thing about this uni.
Is it true that the Economics Department is on strike or on some form of "go slow" industrial action?

It is just that I have not had a reply to an application submitted in early October and the alternative explanations such as laziness, lack of urgency, inability to read would put Warwick in an even worse light.
When I sent my UCAS application off, I was going to go to Warwick for sure if they had offered me. But then UCL, where I hadn't previously visited, said in December that I could have an offer if I went to one of their open days in February.

Firstly, I thought I wouldn't go as surely Warwick would have said something by then... But no. So I went to the open day and loved it! So now UCL will be my firm choice, just because Warwick have now taken almost 6 months to respond to me.

In a way, I am thankful to Warwick; but am also annoyed and a little disappointed to have heard so little from them.
Hi, I am still waiting on a response from Warwick, I was considering telling them that I am thinking about dropping Further Maths AS (what would be my 5th AS) so that I can focus on my 3 main subjects. Should I email [email protected], or wait until I have received a response? Thank you.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by dean2013
Hi, I am still waiting on a response from Warwick, I was considering telling them that I am thinking about dropping Further Maths AS (what would be my 5th AS) so that I can focus on my 3 main subjects. Should I email [email protected], or wait until I have received a response? Thank you.

If you do email them, don't expect a reply this side of Christmas.
Original post by Deadpan
If you do email them, don't expect a reply this side of Christmas.

haha

Quick Reply

Latest