The Student Room Group

Who revised/is revising from day 1?

I was just wondering if anyone doing their alevels are really revising 1 hour a day for each subject? Because this is what my teachers are saying we should be doing and I can only manage to do about 15 minutes per subject if I can be bothered
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
NO WAY MAN. I waited until 2 months before the exams then revised like crazy while having a nervous breakdown like every day. But tbh your way sounds better.
Reply 2
Stupid fool who revises from day 1?

Would of neg'd for stupidity but need to recharge.

NEG ME MORE KIDS, I AINT EVEN MAD:pierre:

KIDS STILL MAD?!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Only successful people revise from day 1
Reply 4
If you did 15 mins on each subject every day you should be more than fine.
Revising from day one seems a bit pointless.. you can't "revise" what you haven't yet learnt - if you've only done it that day in class it should just be a review and homework/note making does the trick
Reply 6
Well my plan was to go over everything i'd done at the end of every week but i haven't learnt from procastinating my gcse revision XD
I am but thats becasuse i have 8 exams in jan
Reply 8
Original post by Joshuano
If you did 15 mins on each subject every day you should be more than fine.

yh....when I mean 15 mins of revision--Im kinda counting doing my homework into the "revision" time :colondollar: so I'm still reviewing the work but not properly revising
Reply 9
It's personal preference. I started my revision early March in year 12, and that worked fine for me. This year however, I've started revising for January exams already, I have 5 - C3, C4, M1, D1, FP1. I will then probably start my revision for my June exams around March again. They're all maths exams, and as I enjoy working for maths it's not a chore, and something I'll happily get on with. I'm sure if you revise from day 1 you'll do fine, but by no means does not revising from day 1 mean you'll get bad grades. Good luck. :smile:
Original post by WaNaBe
It's personal preference. I started my revision early March in year 12, and that worked fine for me. This year however, I've started revising for January exams already, I have 5 - C3, C4, M1, D1, FP1. I will then probably start my revision for my June exams around March again. They're all maths exams, and as I enjoy working for maths it's not a chore, and something I'll happily get on with. I'm sure if you revise from day 1 you'll do fine, but by no means does not revising from day 1 mean you'll get bad grades. Good luck. :smile:

Congrats on your grades. How much time each day do you spend revising?
Seriously you don't need to. Teachers always say this so you don't slack off, but the best thing to do is to actually listen in class and learn the material well, rather than revising loads. Also ask if you don't understand the concepts etc and do all c/w the best you can. That way when you really need to revise you are actually revising, not learning the whole syllabus(which I ended up doing for my psych exam :K:..not one of my best ideas). :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
It would be more efficient to read up on the topic you'll be covering in each lesson before the lesson, so that each lesson itself is a revision session. Then you can just start your proper revision nice and early for the exam. :smile:

I found that when I did this, I remembered the topics for much longer than the ones that I didn't bother pre-reading for, so it made my actual revision easier when it came to exam time.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Implo
Well my plan was to go over everything i'd done at the end of every week but i haven't learnt from procastinating my gcse revision XD

lol, that's why I'm so paranoid now because I procastinated sooo much for gcse :biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by WaNaBe

thank you, you tooo :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by The_Super_Nerd(:
Seriously you don't need to. Teachers always say this so you don't slack off, but the best thing to do is to actually listen in class and learn the material well, rather than revising loads. Also ask if you don't understand the concepts etc and do all c/w the best you can. That way when you really need to revise you are actually revising, not learning the whole syllabus(which I ended up doing for my psych exam :K:..not one of my best ideas). :smile:

I like your thinking lol, thanks
Reply 16
Original post by Antifazian
It would be more efficient to read up on the topic you'll be covering in each lesson before the lesson, so that each lesson itself is a revision session. Then you can just start your proper revision nice and early for the exam. :smile:

I found that when I did this, I remembered the topics for much longer than the ones that I didn't bother pre-reading for, so it made my actual revision easier when it came to exam time.

Yh, I've done that a few times which is really helpful and I'm not usually confused in those lessons that I nearly always am lol, thanks :smile:
Only for maths (not my humanities subjects). I'm answering the questions / examples in the textbook in addition to my homework. Though that's only because AS was a shock to my system and I got a U on my first assessment. :frown:
Me. I'm procrastinating right now, actually.
Reply 19
Original post by glacier19
dont worry ive negged for you :wink:

Shut up you ugly pig. I never asked for your help you stupid cretin. Only I SONICX214 shall neg the OP. Now sod off

Quick Reply

Latest