The Student Room Group

Comparision to A-Level Math?

I've been told by many that a lot of the topics covered in A-Level Maths is the same as that covered in (I)GCSE Additional Mathematics (I'm an international student, doing IGCSEs, but I assume it's somewhat equivalent to GCSEs?). Can anyone clarify this for me?
Reply 1
Original post by justinawe
I've been told by many that a lot of the topics covered in A-Level Maths is the same as that covered in (I)GCSE Additional Mathematics (I'm an international student, doing IGCSEs, but I assume it's somewhat equivalent to GCSEs?). Can anyone clarify this for me?

I'm doing IGCSE additional maths, and is very similiar to the topics in the C1 + C2 modules, :biggrin:

I would think the C1 + C2 papers are more strenous, and might have more topics, but doing Additional Maths makes AS Maths very, very easy.
Reply 2
I'm doing iGCSE maths as well. :smile:
We've been doing a lot of A-level work to prepare ourselves for the exam so I'm pretty sure it must overlap with a few topics. I've already found that i'm understanding maths much easier and can apply concepts faster than with a regular GCSE, which I guess should help with AS maths. :-)
I really hope it will give us both an advantage, guess we'll have to wait and see. :smile:
Reply 3

I did FSMQ OCR Additional Maths, it is a lot of C1/C2 (in fact, generally harder than average C1/C2 questions), and even parts of M2, D1 and C3, I believe! :')

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending