The Student Room Group

Income tax percetages should be the other way round

I believe that we should reward success, not punish it. So to incentivise hard work we should reverse income tax percentages.

So for the x thousand you earn you are taxed 50%. so on and so on until you reach £150 000 when you are taxed nothing.

I have faith this will encourage hard work and graft.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Worst idea ever.
Reply 2
So no-one earning less than £15k bothers to work and collects benefits instead because they get more money.

Try again Einstein.
Reply 3
Yeah exactly, we need to make sure we keep the poor, poor -_____-
So that people who have lower-paid jobs will eventually move away, so no one with do the lower-paid jobs, so the country would be filthy?

Would you really want to work in a filthy environment?
Reply 5
WTB flat rate of tax.
Reply 7
I don't think people would simply leave employment, they would fulfill their moral obligation to work
Reply 8
I have faith this is a troll.
Reply 9
We've been here before with Snippetor. He's the one that was ideologically opposed to political parties spending their own money on make-up technicians for TV.
Reply 10
You assume that hard work implies high pay, or that high pay implies hard work. Neither of which is true.
So the government loses the majority of its income? Great idea.
Reply 12
Oh hai! You must know Otkem
I seriously hope this is a troll.
Are you on drugs?
Reply 15
Obvious troll is obvious.
Reply 16
Original post by Snippetor
I don't think people would simply leave employment, they would fulfill their moral obligation to work

This. Always. Happens.

Someone starts a troll thread, and they make it seem like a genuine post (successful troll is successful). And then they try and 'up their game' by posting another comment. However the comment they post is so utterly stupid and blatantly written to inspire anger, that the troll gives him/herself away, and thus, fails.
Reply 17
I really agree with this as it would incentive working hard and not reward mediocrity as the current system does. We would see the economy become much more efficient as people compete for high wages in order to pay less tax.
Reply 18
Original post by ultimate mashup
Are you on drugs?

Taxes should be regressive. Poor people will work harder to get into the lower tax bracket. We should live in a world that rewards achievement, not failure.
Original post by Snippetor
I believe that we should reward success, not punish it. So to incentivise hard work we should reverse income tax percentages.

So for the x thousand you earn you are taxed 50%. so on and so on until you reach £150 000 when you are taxed nothing.

I have faith this will encourage hard work and graft.

Yes, what a great idea.:rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending