Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Engineering Foundation Year

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by nessalou
sorry for the late reply, my A-Levels were in German, maths and psychology, so completely irrelevant from biology!

Thanks, It's okay now though I got my offer! :biggrin:
I was wondering whether your offer was based on relevant subjects or not (:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 41
Hi,

Has anyone still not heard back from Nottingham for the engineering foundation year?

Thanks!
Reply 42
Hi
Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer to first year, during the foundation year? Like if your doing really well and have the right subject background and hence can cope with it.
Reply 43
Original post by juice1999
Hi
Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer to first year, during the foundation year? Like if your doing really well and have the right subject background and hence can cope with it.

Just wondering if you've had any response? I'm applying this year for the foundation year, but I come from an engineering background ( A level Maths/physics/biology).

I was wondering if people like me with relevant A levels but lower predicted grades can still apply for the foundation year? Also I'd like to know the answer to your own question too if you've found out, thanks :smile:
Reply 44
I've had an offer for BBC/ACC/ABD for the foundation year; I do physics, biology and psychology and plan to go on to do an MSc in physics c:
I'm predicted BCA, respectively.
Reply 45
Original post by scarylii
I've had an offer for BBC/ACC/ABD for the foundation year; I do physics, biology and psychology and plan to go on to do an MSc in physics c:

Super late response but I've got the same offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
(Original post by scarylii)

Hey have you guys been invited to the ucas visit day yet , and if so do you know what it entails?
Reply 47
Yeah, I went to the UCAS visit day on the 26th. You have two talks one is a general talk about the university and the second is a course topic(they also provided a free lunch here).

You then get too go and visit the department where you want to advance too after the foundation year.

Its quite informative, worth going too.
Reply 48
Original post by JamesThorny
(Original post by scarylii)

Hey have you guys been invited to the ucas visit day yet , and if so do you know what it entails?

Original post by zogzar
Yeah, I went to the UCAS visit day on the 26th. You have two talks one is a general talk about the university and the second is a course topic(they also provided a free lunch here).

You then get too go and visit the department where you want to advance too after the foundation year.

Its quite informative, worth going too.

I don't think I have.... :|
Reply 49
I don't think I have either :/
Hi,
If I do not get a place at Nottingham this year and don't get another university place, I may do the foundation year. Can I ask do you have accommodation on the first year?
Reply 51
Yeah you're treated just like any other student at the university, so you can stay in the accommodation and use all the facilities. I stayed on campus last year whilst on the foundation course.
Hiiwhat topics does the maths part focus on ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending