The Student Room Group

Procrastinating will be the death of me

DELETED.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Reply 2
Think of your future. This level of laziness will affect all aspects of your life including getting a job. Brake this cycle before it becomes even harder to brake. Then you're ****ed.
Reply 3
Original post by dunnicare
Think of your future. This level of laziness will affect all aspects of your life including getting a job. Brake this cycle before it becomes even harder to brake. Then you're ****ed.

Break***
Reply 4
Original post by dunnicare

I try very hard to think that way, but then I can't really motivate myself and carry on lazing around :frown:
Reply 5
i am exat
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by dalyan

That pretty much sums up a day in the life for me
I used to be really organised and motivated. Now I procrastinate all the time. It's really annoying. :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by dalyan

LOL This is me every Saturday n Sunday!
Reply 9
It certainly will be if you were standing in the middle of the road with a car coming and procrastinated over whether to get out of the way
(edited 12 years ago)
short spouts of work. Maybe 30 mins ?
This will level out to 45 mins, an hour ?
Before you know it, you will have done 4/5 hours work.

It tried for me anyway ! :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Chief Wiggum
I used to be really organised and motivated. Now I procrastinate all the time. It's really annoying. :frown:

I know right? There was that time in yr 9 where NO kid in my year used to give a damn about school, and I was the one geek making revision notes for SATs :|
I have no idea what happened to me afterwards when studying actually was important.
I'm the same. My results definitely don't reflect my intelligence and its because I procrastinate SO much. Like seriously nobody can beat me with procrastination. I would sometimes go my homework not the night before the day it was due...but 5 minutes before the lesson was about to begin!! And only because the teacher is scary. And don't get me started on how late I revised for exams (Sometimes at 11pm day before exam and somehow still managed to do good- serious luck right there or maybe I'm just good at learning things in short periods of time?!). I know that If I worked consistently I would probably achieve greater things but oh well thats life :P Its really bad surely it should be a medical illness ! And I used to be organised when I was young which makes it worse :frown:
Reply 13
Original post by purple-laugh
short spouts of work. Maybe 30 mins ?
This will level out to 45 mins, an hour ?
Before you know it, you will have done 4/5 hours work.

It tried for me anyway ! :smile:

I just don't know how to start! :frown:
Original post by haverstock
I know right? There was that time in yr 9 where NO kid in my year used to give a damn about school, and I was the one geek making revision notes for SATs :|
I have no idea what happened to me afterwards when studying actually was important.

Yeah, that's kinda the same for me. Well, I still worked a lot for GCSE and AS, but in my A2 year and beyond, I've gotten a lot lazier. And I used to be incredible at revising as well. My attention span is just awful now. My mind always wanders...
Reply 15
"Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the week."

:sigh:
Reply 16
Original post by FunkeyMunkey
I'm the same. My results definitely don't reflect my intelligence and its because I procrastinate SO much. Like seriously nobody can beat me with procrastination. I would sometimes go my homework not the night before the day it was due...but 5 minutes before the lesson was about to begin!! And only because the teacher is scary. And don't get me started on how late I revised for exams (Sometimes at 11pm day before exam and somehow still managed to do good- serious luck right there or maybe I'm just good at learning things in short periods of time?!). I know that If I worked consistently I would probably achieve greater things but oh well thats life :P Its really bad surely it should be a medical illness ! And I used to be organised when I was young which makes it worse :frown:

Wow, that's exactly me! I could get away revising either the night before/ morning of the exam for GCSE and pull off mediocre grade, but it so backfired when I tried it for AS :frown:

The older I get, the worse I become..
Wow, that's exactly me! I could get away revising either the night before/ morning of the exam for GCSE and pull off mediocre grade, but it so backfired when I tried it for AS :frown:

The older I get, the worse I become..

Haha! Trust me, its really bad I wish there was medication for this! :tongue:
Shouldn't the fact that you're restarting a whole year kick you into action?!

I'm in your shoes myself. Basically, just set yourself a goal, and keep. On. At. It.

Yeah, I feel unmotivated too, a lot of the time. But I remember what I'm trying to achieve, and that makes me do 3 hours of revision a night.
From yr 10 to now (starting year 12 all over again) the biggest problem behind my failure is because I'm too damned lazy to do anything!

I really don't know what to do..any advise on how to get my act together?

Thanks in advance

Write a list of things you have to do the day before so that you have something to aim for everyday.

If you go on fb a lot, maybe there is some facebook limiter software?

Get a hobby that can really give you a passion and drive.

Do a jog that will increase your energy levels =)

Eat lots of sugar and go outside =D

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending