The Student Room Group

When to apply?

Basically, i have a fair few questions i cant seem to find by searching etc. So hoping some people on here might be able to answer them.

I want to get into a good uni for maths, top 6/7, unfortunatly, only got aacc in my as's due to 2 unprepared moduals and isa's in sciences. Got an a in Maths and Further Maths.

Few marks off getting predicted a star in maths due to s1. So my predictions are aabc.

So i want to know whether it is best to still apply this year for the good unis, i kno i will be able to meet the offers from them.

Or, is it best to just wait and apply next year with my a2 results?

-Does applying when im 18 to go to uni when im 19 after iv received a level results put me at a disadvantage or is it exactly the same when it comes to unconditional/conditional?

-Does applying and getting rejected have any influence on my application if i apply to the same universtiy next year on better results? ( eg. if i get rejected by warick, but someone how get the a* a* a and step grade 2 they are looking for in my a2's and apply with that, would i be concidered equally?)
Original post by MMike
Basically, i have a fair few questions i cant seem to find by searching etc. So hoping some people on here might be able to answer them.

I want to get into a good uni for maths, top 6/7, unfortunatly, only got aacc in my as's due to 2 unprepared moduals and isa's in sciences. Got an a in Maths and Further Maths.

Few marks off getting predicted a star in maths due to s1. So my predictions are aabc.

So i want to know whether it is best to still apply this year for the good unis, i kno i will be able to meet the offers from them.

Or, is it best to just wait and apply next year with my a2 results?

-Does applying when im 18 to go to uni when im 19 after iv received a level results put me at a disadvantage or is it exactly the same when it comes to unconditional/conditional?

-Does applying and getting rejected have any influence on my application if i apply to the same universtiy next year on better results? ( eg. if i get rejected by warick, but someone how get the a* a* a and step grade 2 they are looking for in my a2's and apply with that, would i be concidered equally?)

As far as I know, Warwick auto-offer anyone with AAB or above predicted for A-level. So you could get into Warwick if you can make the offer, as for other top 6/7 unis I very much doubt it as their requirements are A*AA.

You can apply now anyway, then if you feel you did better than the unis you choose this year then just apply again - not a big deal!

Quick Reply

Latest